Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" (976 Views)

Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by hayzed2: 6:46am On Nov 04, 2014
I swear this article got me laughing more than anything else today, hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Here it is, veteran Nigerian musician, Majek Fashekhas seriously opened up today and said he intends to go into politics in 2015.

The ‘Send Down The Rain’ singer who ruled Nigerian music in the early 90s believes he has the power to support political aspirants next year.

In an interview with Pulse, Majek Fashek revealed that he is making the step into the political world to support the President of Nigeria,Goodluck Jonathan, and push him for re-election in next year’s general election.

“Next year, I’m going to be entering into politics. I am going to be in the PDP”, Majek declared. “I will support the president. I will support the president and the governor, that’s why I enter into politics. With my knowledge in the American world, presidency is not my calling, I’m a revolutionary musician, so what I can do with the power God gave to me is to support the government so that they can help the poor.”

Majek Fashek also revealed that he has no interest in occupying Aso Rock. For him, it is too much of work to be the president.

“The presidency is too much work, I don’t like it. Instead of me to become a president, I will support the president.”

Majek Fashek also believes we are in an era of political transformation, and the only good choice of government lies in continuation.

“In 2015, I am supporting Goodluck Jonathan, because he needs a second term like Obama. We are in the political era, and we are going into political transition. We either re-elect Goodluck Jonathan or somebody else. But so far, I think Goodluck needs second term to try his best.”

Majek Fashek will be performing at the ‘Africa Meets Reggae And World Music International Festival’ on November 29, at the National Stadium, Lagos. He will be joined by other veteran acts such as Victor Essiet, Ortis Williki and Righteous Man.

Source: Information ng
Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by PassingShot(m): 6:52am On Nov 04, 2014
This is a pointer to the level our democracy has sunk into. Good thing is he's joining PDP just as DSP Alams, Mohammed Abacha, Thief Bode George, Thief James Ibori, Ateke and the other criminals in that party.
Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:15am On Nov 04, 2014
PassingShot:
This is a pointer to the level our democracy has sunk into. Good thing is he's joining PDP just as DSP Alams, Mohammed Abacha, Thief Bode George, Thief James Ibori, Ateke and the other criminals in that party.
Tinubu, Buhari, boko haram, atiku,kwankwaso, ameachi etc all are big time crooks who are media friendly with their stolen cash!
Spare me details its still too early!

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by hayzed2: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2014
ZKOSOSO:

Tinubu, Buhari, boko haram, atiku,kwankwaso, ameachi etc all are big time crooks who are media friendly with their stolen cash!
Spare me details its still too early!

So you mean Boko Haram is in APC caucus!!! smh
Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by Raiders: 7:31am On Nov 04, 2014
He should quit smoking crack and igbo first before going into politics
Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by rawpadgin(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2014
he should stop smoking India hemp to start with

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by 1shortblackboy: 7:38am On Nov 04, 2014
PassingShot:
I don't understand o he said he wants to support d presidnet. What's wrong with that and why d name calling

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2014
To legalise weed abi
Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2014
To legalise weed abi.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by newspapers: 12:15am On Nov 05, 2014
PassingShot:

Hahahahhaha.. really Hilarious. All Majek wanted to do was just to rally around jonathan i believe. He's not really going into politics as a politician as many claimed (http://www.divanaija.com.ng/singer-majek-fashek-turns-politician/)

He does not even have the stamina for Nigerian politics... sorry to say.
Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by moneybag100: 12:55am On Nov 05, 2014
Please who is Majek Fashek, he's a magician? because I schooled in France and french schools ban cnn and other international tv in hostel,so we don't know him here.
Re: Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015" by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:32am On Nov 05, 2014
We all knw that only a mad man will support Jonathan again. And majek, is really not that sane...

The guy mustav learnt that jonathan gives out money to the useless ones. Like okupe, Abati, cease fire group, alams, etc

(1) (Reply)

Meet Jose Mujica: The World's 'poorest' President / Reasons And Facts To Avoid Buha Buhari Like Ebola / Let Your Vote Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.