Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Why Jonathan For Another Four Years? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan For Another Four Years? (497 Views)

APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day / "Why Jonathan May Loose Vote In South East"- INEC / Real Reasons Why Jonathan Abandoned Pdp Rally In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan For Another Four Years? by ihedinobi2: 9:52am On Nov 04, 2014
I need some serious engagement on politics.

I've always known that Buhari's dictatorship did Nigeria a world of good and that he possesses a character worth betting on or at least less of a risk to bet on than what is manifest of the incumbent's.

But I always imagined that the incumbent was deliberately projecting incompetence in public space to encourage those who may stand against his reforms to underestimate him and to confuse them while he goes on to actually implement the changes he promised us all. But honestly I can't see what is being done in those spaces outside the spotlight that are repositioning us for good.

Yes, our economy has been growing but that has not really ever been the problem as far as I could see. The problem has been WHAT economy. Is it the economy of Nigerians? Or the economy of corrupt politicians and captains of industry? Is it the security of the man in the streets? Or merely the security of those whose names are in the media? What has been changing? Why do we have the figures in our foreign reserves? Shouldn't there be more? Why are people fleeing from four states in Nigeria with nothing but the clothes on their backs and with undone hair like they were fleeing from a war that took them by surprise? Why can people not start small enterprises with minimum risk loans? Why are people paid so little to work so hard where there really is no work beyond that of running personal errands?

Many of these problems predated this presidency, no doubt. I am not claiming that the presidency is responsible for their existence in the first place. I'm just wondering what the presidency did about all of them in the past six years.

What do I not know? What might I be missing? I am asking questions as a bemused Nigerian not as a sophisticated analyst who knows the secret inner workings of the Nigerian political engine. I have no doubt that this presidency has done something good. How can it not have? At worst, it must have done one thing right. Or good. I just can't clearly state what it is. I'm not sure what I know about it. If someone out there knows I really want to hear it.

(1) (Reply)

I Know How To Defeat Jonathan In 2015 -okorocha / Cambridge GCE A'level Examination / General Buhari Must Learn Honour From Gbenga Olawepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.