Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting (4446 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Lamido Teases Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by gateleo(m): 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
Generals Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida and Abdulsalam Abubakar are absent at today's Council of State meeting being presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal and all the governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are also not present nor represented at the meeting.

The meeting, which commenced at 11.30am, is currently being held inside the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

The former leaders in attendance are Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, General Yakubu Gowon, Alhaji Shehu Shagari and Chief Ernest Shonekan.

The governors present at the meeting are those of Jigawa, Akwa Ibom, Ekiti, Abia, Kaduna, Niger, Ebonyi, Enugu, Delta, Kogi, Cross River, Taraba and Ondo States.

Senate President David Mark as well as former Chief Justices Mohammed Lawal Uwais and Idris Kutigi are also attending the meeting.

The Council of State, an organ of the government, among other functions, advises the executive on policy making.

The council comprises president as chairman; vice president, deputy chairman; all former presidents and heads of state; all former Chief Justices of Nigeria; Senate President; Speaker of the House of Representatives; all state governors and Attorney-General of the Federation as members.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/38584-buhari-ibb-abdulsalami-tambuwal-apc-govs-absent-at-council-of-state-meeting

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Dopeyomi(m): 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
I will come back to comment if this post makes FP
Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by citizenY(m): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
The important thng is the presence of our president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
To hell with them angry

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal and all the governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are also not present nor represented at the meeting.-Source sad angry undecided

Is this not clear what opposite has in stock for Nigerians?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by omenka(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
And the title would make anyone shortsighted think ALL PDP governors were in attendance!!

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
The governors present at the meeting are those of Jigawa, Akwa Ibom, Ekiti, Abia, Kaduna, Niger, Ebonyi, Enugu, Delta, Kogi, Cross River, Taraba and Ondo States.-Source angry shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
omenka:
And the title would make anyone shortsighted think ALL PDP governors were in attendance!!

Smh.
What does this brazen act of unpatroitism tell us about APC as a party who wants to rescue Nigeria from the grip of PDP? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
omenka:

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by SkySpirit(m): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
People still don't know the difference between politics and social responsibilities and obligations. That's why Buhari can't be said to be a statesman like Gowon or Shonenkan. The blind APC governors and their new bride, ex-speaker Tambuwal would always be absent for national meetings aimed at moving the country forward, later they be shouting militarization of elections.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
The PDP wants us to accept Jonathan's incompetence and failures as our destiny - @SamNdaIsaiah"

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ibnsultan:
The PDP wants us to accept Jonathan's incompetence and failures as our destiny - @SamNdaIsaiah"

Are you in support of this act of unpatroitism exhibited by your Janj@weed party

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by emmanuelogbe(m): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
Abeg who get small pin charger here

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by pendicle: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Only fools do the same thing same way and expect different results.

We had an uproar few months ago when boko haram overran chibok and a jamboree meeting of council of states was held, nigerians believed the meeting was going to give out a marshal plan on how to get back the girls but unfortunately the girls are still with shekau 7months after theur stupid talk show and shekau has taken more territories than 7months ago.

Why is the governemt of jonaTAN always reactive and never proactive? It will be an insult to intelligence and wisdom to have this man lead or partake in a committee or gathering of wise people.

So glad the governors and other reasonable people in the APC didn't attend this stupid talkshow. If the President and PDP want the end of shekau they know what to do, I guess alimodu sheriff no dey the meeting? If he is not then the meeting no get meaning.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by omenka(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Descartes:

What does this brazen act of unpatroitism tell us about APC as a party who wants to rescue Nigeria from the grip of PDP? undecided
Patriotism in your books means attending council of states meeting I presume.

Oh well, who am I to argue with you??
You are absolutely right.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
omenka:
Patriotism in your books means attending council of states meeting I presume.

Oh well, who am I to argue with you??
You are absolutely right.

So to you it means nothing undecided
Why am I surprised I forgot you are the opposition here who opposes everything even at the expense of National interest. angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
Do you expect the same people jonathan called "boko haram sponsors" to be present in such a jamboree??

Jonathan/shepopo are a very useless president/1st lady angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by EdCure: 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Of what use would it be wasting time to register your dignified presence in a meeting that is doomed to produce no tangible result?
The APC governors and the Generals have a good bullshit detector, and any meeting with GEJ is one.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by youngeagle(m): 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
if jonathan should treat APC govs and its leader the way they are treating his administration,i bet all of them will run away from this country,i havnt seen set of arrogant,violent people as this APC people,both their leaders and their followers......progressive my foot,these clowns just want power,they don't care about there citizens

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
EdCure:
Of what use would it be wasting time to register your dignified presence in a meeting that is doomed to produce no tangible result?
The APC governors and the Generals have a good bullshit detector, and any meeting with GEJ is one.

You have not sat for the examination you applied for and you're already branding yourself a failure undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by HisSexcellency(m): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
SkySpirit:
People still don't know the difference between politics and social responsibilities and obligations. That's why Buhari can't be said to be a statesman like Gowon or Shonenkan. The blind APC governors and their new bride, ex-speaker Tambuwal would always be absent for national meetings aimed at moving the country forward, later they be shouting militarization of elections.
Apc is just showing nigerians how dear to them is the affairs of this nation. All i see is a bunch of people gathered together with the common goal of kicking pdp out of the presidency in order to take over power, and dont care how they achieve this. To them the end justifies the means. Paint the government black, frustrate their plan at success, hinder growth and development, cause chaos and insecurity, turn the people against the government. And then get into power as the messiah.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by omenka(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
Descartes:

So to you it means nothing undecided
Why am I surprised I forget you are the opposition here who opposes everything even at the expense of National interest. angry undecided
Are you sure you read what I wrote

Stop arguing with yourself.

Have a nice evening.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by collynzo82: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
Descartes:
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal and all the governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are also not present nor represented at the meeting.-Source sad angry undecided

Is this not clear what opposite has in stock for Nigerians?

What about the governor of Anambra, and other PDP governors missing in that meeting?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by osazee12(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
na wa o
Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
omenka:
Are you sure you read what I wrote

Stop arguing with yourself.

Have a nice evening.
I read it very well and not in anyway arguing with myself.
Nice evening too smiley
Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
collynzo82:

What about the governor of Anambra, and other PDP governors missing in that meeting?
Did you read the part that says "...opposition Governors not present or represented..."? undecided
Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by egift(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
Under the administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, Patriotism to the Nation has been reduced to Loyalty to Jonathan and his Wife.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by EdCure: 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
Descartes:

You have not sat for the examination you applied for and you're already branding yourself a failure undecided
How does proper time management and dissociating yourself from no-brainers & clueless braggarts translate to failure in your uncommon "wisdom"?
Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
EdCure:

How does proper time management and dissociating yourself from no-brainers & clueless braggarts translate to failure in your uncommon "wisdom"?

I see wink

Your post is ridden with hypocrisy angry
Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by EdCure: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Descartes:

I see wink

Your post is riden with hypocrisy angry
Keep on searching for hypocrisy in my post... The exact problem bedeviling Jonathan's retardeenic and rudderless administration that you apparently cannot find.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting by Descartes: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
EdCure:

Keep on searching for hypocrisy in my post... The exact problem bedeviling Jonathan's retardeenic and rudderless administration that you apparently cannot find.
Whatever that rocks your boat.
Olisah Metuh was right afterall wink cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 Presidential Election Result: An Objective View / Obasanjo Acquired A New Selfie Stick For Christmas! (photos) / 6 Buhari's Pictures That ruined Nigeria - Verge24.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.