Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,566 members, 7,865,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:39 PM

An Open Letter By A Northerner - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter By A Northerner (3407 Views)

See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. / An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 5:22am On Nov 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
These letter is as useless as the tissue paper u use
How is it possible and we in the North are killing our own brothers n sister,destroying our own economy
OBj,Yar'adua tackled the insurgency with out mercy. Infant it was Yar'adua who degraded BH capacity but the process stop after his death and BH grew thanks to weak leader @ the Top
Our emirs are ceremonial the have no powers all the can do is advise.
Yes some of our leaders have failed us but we must hold our president responsible for the 1.5m refugees
Thousands of death military and innocent civilians
“Pres Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram moved from Sambisa Forest to take over a large chunk of territory in Adamawa, Borno &Yobe states & proclaim a Caliphate. President Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram abducted almost 300 girls, holding most of them for over 200 days &counting.
His Administration is even mocking & harassing those who are campaigning for
the release of the girls
insurgents, & all that he has demonstrated so far is sheer cluelessness & Incompetence, it is time for him to take responsibility and quit in the national interest, to pave the way for a better leader. never in the history of
any nation has incompetence and cluelessness been exhibited by any leader, as President Jonathan

I'm a full blooded igbo man from Oru East local government in Imo State. I can tell you right now that if a group of igbos raise up and spill one drop of precious vlood from the head of my neighbors brothers and sisters I will personally kill every last one of them with my own bare hands even if it means my death. There was a wave of kidnapping in the east. Its over because the people said no more. If you are caught kidnapping you better pray police catch you before the indigines of your own community.

We never begged yar adua to save us
We never begged obasanjo to save us
We never begged jonathan to save us

Today we are saved. The kidnapper were heartless and armed like Boko Haram. They were numerous and difficult to identify but today who hears of them?

The difference is the average northern man is a coward. When your community is under attack your governors paid boko haram extortion fees to personally stay safe. Your traditional rulers did the same. The average person in adamawa yobe and the other states stood by and watched this group grow. They saw one bombing amd stayed quiet. A second bombing...nothing... third.. nothing. Today nobody is left to save you.

You need to address the cowards in your region that saw boko haram hold open mosque for decades and said nothing.

Every week in the streets of the north you will see someone preaching violent radical islam and the cowardly citizens will bypass like nothing is happening. So when boko haram which started the same way is gone, what will stop the next movement from raising? Jonathan?

Stop begging the federal government to make you a man. Be a man and defend the innocent you coward. Stop blaming CAN, Jonathan, Igbos, Israel, the US for the bullies in your region that take advantage of the cowardice of your people. The federal government isnt swamping the south west with security and nobody is beig beheaded there. The south east has no jtf and nobody is being bombed, the south south had its militants but even they avoided killing their own. So why are your people different? Why does the north need Jonathan to tell someone's son not to kill his own mother father brothers sisters and children?

No federal government will overcome the cowardice of tyr average northern man. This is why fulanis attack innocent women and children at night. This is why your men walk the streets armed with daggers afraid to die as if there's no God. This is why you can't face any of your problems. You're cowards.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by lonelydora: 6:23am On Nov 10, 2014
My BIAFRAN brother,IHEJIRIKA fought hard with these Boko haram and chased them out into Cameroon. What did he get in return? Northern leaders took him to court.

Now they have come back, you people should deal with it.

BTW, @op, nice write up.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by lonelydora: 6:28am On Nov 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
How is it possible and we in the North are killing our own brothers n sister,destroying our own economy
OBj,Yar'adua tackled the insurgency with out mercy. Infant it was Yar'adua who degraded BH capacity but the process stop after his death and BH grew thanks to weak leader @ the Top
Yes some of our leaders have failed us but we must hold our president responsible for the 1.5m refugees
“Pres Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram moved from Sambisa Forest to take over a large chunk of territory in Adamawa, Borno &Yobe states & proclaim a Caliphate. President Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram abducted almost 300 girls, holding most of them for over 200 days &counting.
the release of the girls
insurgents, & all that he has demonstrated so far is sheer cluelessness & Incompetence, it is time for him to take responsibility and quit in the national interest, to pave the way for a better leader. never in the history of
any nation has incompetence and cluelessness been exhibited by any leader, as President Jonathan

Why are your Northern military brothers run and throw away their gun everytime Boko Haram comes to attack? Are they not soldiers that took oath to protect the citizens? GEJ will not come to the battle field and fight. Tell your brothers to fight on and not run away.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by arsetalks(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2014
The north is and has always been their own problem but that doesn't mean the government could have done nothing to lame the rubbish going on there.

After all the schools been destroyed, the hospitals and all those been destroyed were built using the nation's money. Those been killed are Nigerians and last time I checked, the FG has a responsibility to protect this people.

And let's not generalise let's we qualify as bigots. Those causing damages over there are differently in the minority. Let's not be like the bigot yanks and brits who think every Nigerian is a 419ner.

Someone has the power to stop the excesses over there, he has not done that. Are we saying we fold our hands and have the north been destroyed?

If we can't see the north as a part of a ONE Nigeria, shouldn't we consider splitting then?
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2014
Every day GEJ and PDP, GEJ and PDP. There is a radical cleric in your local government area outside right now preaching death to infidels and death to non believers and you cowards are still looking for igbos and government ministries to blame.

If it's not GEJ its Ihejirika, CAN, Niger Delta Militants, Israel, The US, Christians, Igbos, Catholics, Obasanjo, on and on and on. Blaming and running without shame of mercy for your own people. If I wake up tomorrow and decide to kill my neighbor what exactly is GEJ supposed yo do? The real issue is what is causing MILLIONS of northerners to wake up and kill their own blood?

Its never a face to face fight either. Bomb this church and run, stab this woman and run, maim this farmer and run, rape this woman and run. Heartless cowards without shame. GEJ is the president and will remaim so until 2019. If you all want to kill your mothers and fathers because of it than RIP. Go and fix you home.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2014
arsetalks:
The north is and has always been their own problem but that doesn't mean the government could have done nothing to lame the rubbish going on there.

After all the schools been destroyed, the hospitals and all those been destroyed were built using the nation's money. Those been killed are Nigerians and last time I checked, the FG has a responsibility to protect this people.

And let's not generalise let's we qualify as bigots. Those causing damages over there are differently in the minority. Let's not be like the bigot yanks and brits who think every Nigerian is a 419ner.

Someone has the power to stop the excesses over there, he has not done that. Are we saying we fold our hands and have the north been destroyed?

If we can't see the north as a part of a ONE Nigeria, shouldn't we consider splitting then?

Again if I wake up and kill you what is GEJ supposed to do? The north has police, sharia police, local government, state government, traditional government, religious institutions, cultural institutions and able bodied men that can double the population of most african countries. Boko haram has been around preaching violence for decades and they all knew it. Not only that but they know of other groups starting today that will be the future boko haram in their neighborhood buy cowardice keeps these people as bystanders to their own destiny.

If the level of thinking is basic in the north so be it, but take it from someone with sense; where is boko haram getting it's membership from? FG is killing these guys daily and their numbers are doubling. If GEJ killed all of them like Yar Adua did there will be another boko haram in a week as we've seen.

At this point I give credit to the army for their bravery because there's a deficit of courage in northern nigeria. The remaining solution isnt with the FG but with the brothers of these men to talk to their brothers and bring them back to humanity. Find the people of the north in the streets, army, government, and traditional institutions to stop supporting this terror group as they clearly do. GEJ can shoot and shoot but if the north won't change, this will happen from now until the end of history. Cowardice opens the door to evil and closes its eyes. Open your eyes and fight like men.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2014
You shameless people don't even acknowledge the gallant defeat after defeat General Ihejirika was delivering against this group. Still as he fought as NIGERIAN you acted and discredited him as an IGBO. Now you expect Badeh to come and get his self dragged to the ICC trying to save a terminally ill and contagious people? You cried away your saving grace now tell us what's next.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by arsetalks(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2014
Ikengawo:

Again if I wake up and kill you what is GEJ supposed to do? The north has police, sharia police, local government, state government, traditional government, religious institutions, cultural institutions and able bodied men that can double the population of most african countries. Boko haram has been around preaching violence for decades and they all knew it. Not only that but they know of other groups starting today that will be the future boko haram in their neighborhood buy cowardice keeps these people as bystanders to their own destiny.

If the level of thinking is basic in the north so be it, but take it from someone with sense; where is boko haram getting it's membership from? FG is killing these guys daily and their numbers are doubling. If GEJ killed all of them like Yar Adua did there will be another boko haram in a week as we've seen.

At this point I give credit to the army for their bravery because there's a deficit of courage in northern nigeria. The remaining solution isnt with the FG but with the brothers of these men to talk to their brothers and bring them back to humanity. Find the people of the north in the streets, army, government, and traditional institutions to stop supporting this terror group as they clearly do. GEJ can shoot and shoot but if the north won't change, this will happen from now until the end of history. Cowardice opens the door to evil and closes its eyes. Open your eyes and fight like men.
Wow. I must be living in a cleave not to know the north than has their own police and army that's not controlled by the federal government.

Care to tell me when this happened?

I am sure you are not taking yourself seriously with this post hence I won't bother replying you.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by NafeesaAA(f): 8:23am On Nov 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

When Ihejirika curtailed BH to sambisa forest did your leaders called his action genocide.? Yes or No.

The answer is NO.
It was the emergence of Civilian JTF in Maiduguri that drove Boko Haram out of the main town to Sambisa forest. The military operated in Maiduguri for 4 years without success, it took the civilian JTF only two weeks to drive Boko Haram out of Maiduguri. Ihejirika was only busy rounding innocent youth up and down killing them. While at the same time selling arms to the real Boko Haram.

If I may ask, after Boko Haram went to Sambisa forest, why didn't he finish the Job? why did he immediately disband JTF that was a combination of Military, Police, a specially trained Immigration Special Force. And replaced it with a purely ineffective 7 DIV that was solely military?

You better tell that Ihejirika to reassemble another team of lawyers because his cases about to receive the desire attention it needed in the international court of law.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 10, 2014
Ikengawo:

I'm a full blooded igbo man from Oru East local government in Imo State. I can tell you right now that if a group of igbos raise up and spill one drop of precious vlood from the head of my neighbors brothers and sisters I will personally kill every last one of them with my own bare hands even if it means my death. There was a wave of kidnapping in the east. Its over because the people said no more. If you are caught kidnapping you better pray police catch you before the indigines of your own community.

Today we are saved. The kidnapper were heartless and armed like Boko Haram. They were numerous and difficult to identify but today who hears of them?

The difference is the average northern man is a coward. When your community is under attack your governors paid boko haram extortion fees to personally stay safe. Your traditional rulers did the same. The average person in adamawa yobe and the other states stood by and watched this group grow. They saw one bombing amd stayed quiet. A second bombing...nothing... third.. nothing. Today nobody is left to save you.

You need to address the cowards in your region that saw boko haram hold open mosque for decades and said nothing.

Every week in the streets of the north you will see someone preaching violent radical islam and the cowardly citizens will bypass like nothing is happening. So when boko haram which started the same way is gone, what will stop the next movement from raising? Jonathan?

Stop begging the federal government to make you a man. Be a man and defend the innocent you coward. Stop blaming CAN, Jonathan, Igbos, Israel, the US for the bullies in your region that take advantage of the cowardice of your people. The federal government isnt swamping the south west with security and nobody is beig beheaded there. The south east has no jtf and nobody is being bombed, the south south had its militants but even they avoided killing their own. So why are your people different? Why does the north need Jonathan to tell someone's son not to kill his own mother father brothers sisters and children?

No federal government will overcome the cowardice of tyr average northern man. This is why fulanis attack innocent women and children at night. This is why your men walk the streets armed with daggers afraid to die as if there's no God. This is why you can't face any of your problems. You're cowards.
Average Northerner is coward" this is very hilarious n shows u know ntn about Northern Nigerians ,who have continue to show bravery since WW11 in Burma till date
Have u had of CJTF.
Young Northerns who fought BH Guys with triple A guns n RPG with dane guns n sticks.
Ur comments clearly show u No little about the situation in the North.
The Gov's don't control any security apparatus in their states.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 8:31am On Nov 10, 2014
You're saying one thing and living another. The north is the byproduct of fear, take fear out of the equation and you'll have a different region.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 8:40am On Nov 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:

Average Northerner is coward" this is very hilarious n shows u know ntn about Northern Nigerians ,who have continue to show bravery since WW11 in Burma till date
Have u had of CJTF.
Young Northerns who fought BH Guys with triple A guns n RPG with dane guns n sticks.
Ur comments clearly show u No little about the situation in the North.
The Gov's don't control any security apparatus in their states.

Don't the govs control your sharia police? Where are they? Surely bh is doing something against islam?

As you're typing your response a useless man his impregnating his wife in the north and has no plan for this child other than casing it into the streets to beg so that he won't have to share his garri with the child. It os happening in your very community and yet you think GEJ is your problem. Keep typing about Jonathan and placing your personal responsibility as a man on Abuja.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2014
Ikengawo:

Don't the govs control your sharia police? Where are they? Surely bh is doing something against islam?

As you're typing your response a useless man his impregnating his wife in the north and has no plan for this child other than casing it into the streets to beg so that he won't have to share his garri with the child. It os happening in your very community and yet you think GEJ is your problem. Keep typing about Jonathan and placing your personal responsibility as a man on Abuja.
Ur blind hate for Northerners is eating u up
Wich sharia police. I will not reply u again. U are disgusting bigot
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2014
lonelydora:

Why are your Northern military brothers run and throw away their gun everytime Boko Haram comes to attack? Are they not soldiers that took oath to protect the citizens? GEJ will not come to the battle field and fight. Tell your brothers to fight on and not run away.
See ur words. So Nig Army is now Northern military.
Northerners from junior to senior personnels have died along side there comrades in their hundreds fighting the insurgents
I have lost folks in the frontline apart those who were injured.
What will tell my little relative whose Dad was killed just weeks after her birth.
He died defending his Oat leaving behind a girl who will never know her Dad.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Scholes007(m): 9:26am On Nov 10, 2014
the problem with the northerners is that they always get angry when the truth is told...i dont blame them i blame ignorance (lol)

on my own opinion soldier should be encouraged to kill on sight any suspect in the war prone areas ...kill them then disclose the number killed...These boko haram is not conventional force but terrorist...so most will disguise as civilians....as for who is boko haram's mouth piece i will say
1-Nigerian media is the number 1
2-die hard politicians
Who is their sponsor?
1-complicated but all are Islamic extremist or political opportunist not the Government
2 Some foreign observers mostlyof hatred and some economical gains
who encourage them?
1-sympathizers especially Fulani Muslims (mostly because of the political advantage)
2- politicians who are religious bigots or are profiting from it
Hw do the Government tackle them
1-Encourage the military
2-tighten circulation of information within the ranks in the military
3-President should be helped not critised
4-Use Igbo mans mentality go more for Aka azu and list secretly your enemies and make them temporal friend for the benefit of the nation
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 10, 2014
Ihejirika 2090 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LET WHAT HAPPENS IN NORTH STAY IN NORTH.

EDIOOOOOOOOTS

NafeesaAA:

The answer is NO.
It was the emergence of Civilian JTF in Maiduguri that drove Boko Haram out of the main town to Sambisa forest. The military operated in Maiduguri for 4 years without success, it took the civilian JTF only two weeks to drive Boko Haram out of Maiduguri. Ihejirika was only busy rounding innocent youth up and down killing them. While at the same time selling arms to the real Boko Haram.

If I may ask, after Boko Haram went to Sambisa forest, why didn't he finish the Job? why did he immediately disband JTF that was a combination of Military, Police, a specially trained Immigration Special Force. And replaced it with a purely ineffective 7 DIV that was solely military?

You better tell that Ihejirika to reassemble another team of lawyers because his cases about to receive the desire attention it needed in the international court of law.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2014
Kenzico:
9ce article! I agree wit u
will share on twitter
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ikengawo:

u just need a special blessing from God

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
We are now living in a situation where someone goes into a room, murders his dad or sibling and comes out blaming the president from bringing not the soldiers to come and seize the knife from him before he murdered the poor dad. A youth will go to school without properly developing himself then he comes out half baked being a failure to himself and the people that spent on him, then, they resort to blaming the presidency for the guy's woes and unemployable status. A politician will steal money knowing that the law might catch up with he goes to the media to start insulting the presidency so that whenever the law agencies start prosecuting him he will allege political witch hunt. Some unexposed bitter citizens and politicians will go to the media painting the country black just to get at the presidency, in the process scaring away investors, after they will start blaming the govt for lack of investors. Citizens evade tax payment and they will come online to tell us how we were supposed to be like Britain. Students will spend all their time on social networks and other frivolous things when they fail in school their parents will start blaming the presidency for bad education policies. i cant be able to finish it here but its hightime we started taking responsibilities for some of our problem.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:

Ur blind hate for Northerners is eating u up
Wich sharia police. I will not reply u again. U are disgusting bigot
scared
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
kasiem:
We are now living in a situation where someone goes into a room, murders his dad or sibling and comes out blaming the president from bringing not the soldiers to come and seize the knife from him before he murdered the poor dad. A youth will go to school without properly developing himself then he comes out half baked being a failure to himself and the people that spent on him, then, they resort to blaming the presidency for the guy's woes and unemployable status. A politician will steal money knowing that the law might catch up with he goes to the media to start insulting the presidency so that whenever the law agencies start prosecuting him he will allege political witch hunt. Some unexposed bitter citizens and politicians will go to the media painting the country black just to get at the presidency, in the process scaring away investors, after they will start blaming the govt for lack of investors. Citizens evade tax payment and they will come online to tell us how we were supposed to be like Britain. Students will spend all their time on social networks and other frivolous things when they fail in school their parents will start blaming the presidency for bad education policies. i cant be able to finish it here but its hightime we started taking responsibilities for some of our problem.
You copy me line after line then tell me i need a blessing from god. You're not well
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Ikengawo: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:

Northerners from junior to senior personnels have died along side there comrades in their hundreds fighting the insurgents
What will tell my little relative whose Dad was killed just weeks after her birth.

So when politicians in your region accuse this little girls father of genocide because of 2015 and you come on nairaland and think you're using the news to shame Jonathan don't you feel sick? Everything the north is saying against this county and army will be heard by thia girl one day who's father died trying to save ingrates, and cowards

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ikengawo:

You copy me line after line then tell me i need a blessing from god. You're not well
nwanne, check out this link >>> https://www.nairaland.com/1979557/nigeria-perspective i tried bringing up this issue some time ago but they just ignored it nah but i never knew that God also gave the same line of thinking
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
I want this to appear on front page
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Scout60(m): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
the release of the girls
Yar dua tackled the bokos with the support u gave him.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by slimfit1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
You have a point but its still only the southerners that will read this report of yours what a shame. Any hausa man in the house ? Prove me wrong please !!
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by BlackTechnology: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
NafeesaAA:

The answer is NO.

Did BH capture one town under Ihejirika's command
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
sseun, give us reason why this will not make front page? do u want us to riot like the apc crooks or are u trying to cover for some bad northern leaders?
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:

it's people like u that would rather for their leaders who gave them almajiri plates than their neighbors who gave them almajiri schools

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili: New Coordinating Minister Of The Economy / Naked Protest In London / Just In: APC In Shambles, Yakubu Dogara Emerges Speaker (house Of Reps!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.