Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

* * Lace Wigs * * * - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / * * Lace Wigs * * * (1031 Views)

Wow! Men Now Wear Lace Wigs Too (photos) / Several Types Of Lace Wigs / Where Do I Buy Lace Wigs In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

* * Lace Wigs * * * by Comfort86(f): 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2008
Ladies, I am in love with lace wigs.  I haven't actually tried it but I love what I have learned about it so far.  One thing that is holding me back from trying it, apart from the money, is that I don't want to lose my front hairs.  Anyone knows anything about that?  Has anyone tried it? Your thoughts, please**pics are more than welcome**
Re: * * Lace Wigs * * * by Riskie(f): 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2008
I bought one some months back because I was sick of taking care of my hair (relaxing,steaming etc). I am so happy I tried this during the summer break so my experiment wasn't on public display.It wasn't money well spent at all. It was difficult and very messy to apply. I made my purchase online which I guess was the worst idea. It looks so easy when u see someone else doing it but it is extremely difficult in actuality. The first day I got it I applied it and wasn't please at all! It does pull out hair, luckily for me my hair grows really quickly. Another annoying thing is that you can't scratch your scalp.I never wore the thing out in public because I was so conscious of it. I decided afterward to just stick to my perms and I now appreciate the hair I have. Plus the money spent on the wig was enough to do my hair for a year!

But if you still want to try the wigs my advice to u is to actually go to a shop where they sell them rather than making an online purchase. That way u can see what the scalp actually looks like. **it looks like u have a net scalp. it's very obvious that these things are fake. don't be fooled lol**
Re: * * Lace Wigs * * * by tope2000(f): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2008
Hmmmm
Not really my thing but tyra and beyonce are the queen of it tongue
Re: * * Lace Wigs * * * by Comfort86(f): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2008
To Riskie:
Thanks a lot for the info.  I am definitely taking it to heart. And yea, I couldn't figure how you can apply glue to your hair ***though they say you apply it to your skin*** and not lose it. Anyways, I'll stick to my sew-ins. Thanks a million!

To Tope:
tope2000:

Hmmmm
Not really my thing but tyra and beyonce are the queen of it tongue

For sure, they rock it!
Re: * * Lace Wigs * * * by HRhotness(f): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2008
I am sooooo inlove with lace front wigs, i bought my first one about 3 months ago and i was very happy with it (until i got bored). They ARE really pricey but if u want to go that way, its best u go to a professional as they hav to be custom made for ur face and head shape and size. the person who makes it also shows u how to properly put them on, the amount of glue and the best technique depending on the hair style. . . they r a hige investment so u hav to be sure to pick a style that u'll be happy with for a long time (something i failed to do) grin
Re: * * Lace Wigs * * * by Comfort86(f): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2008
Thanks hot stuff! kiss
Re: * * Lace Wigs * * * by chika98: 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2008
They look good if they are done right but i don't like weaves.

(1) (Reply)

What Can Go Wit Dis(photo removed)? Fashion Tips Needed! / Looking For A Fashion Publicist And Pattern Maker In Lagos / Do You Compete With Your Sister Over Looking Good And Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.