Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Educate Me - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Educate Me (772 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Educate Me by LordReed(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2008
Please I'd like to know the differences btw the 1999 Toyota Camry the 2000 Toyota Camry and the 2001 Toyota Camry. Does any 1 of them have more engine trouble than the others? Am looking to purchase 1 of these so I would like to know if there are any advantages or disadvantages.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Educate Me by Nighttrain: 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2008
Hi,
The Camrys from 1997/1998 up until 2001 all have the same engine. You will only find a slight difference between the engine connections of the Euro spec and the American Specs. But the engine is the same 5S-FE engine. This is a trouble free engine as far as I know. If you get one, all you owe it is Mobil Super XHP or Total Quartz 7000 every three or four months with a GOOD oil filter. Camrys are sensitive to oil filters, and if you get one of those cheapos, the type that has paper inside, then you ask for trouble.

The onle issue with all camrys (gen 5) is the shoch absorber pads and the stabilizer linkages on all four tyres. When these go bad, they give the impression of damaged shock struts.

The occasional check engine light will be there, but this is mostly a P401 or P402 code (if you use a scanner) caused by unleaded fuel complications but no problem, mine has been on and off since the past 18mo. I can show u a simple means to clear the check light (if nothing is wrong with your car), when you eventually get it.

enjoy
Re: Educate Me by LordReed(m): 12:13am On Nov 21, 2008
Thanks Nighttrain. Got some info dat d 2000 gave more problems ur reply sent me straight.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mercedez Benz 190 / Have A Ride To Go Home With This Season / (2005)bmw That Caries New Body With 93kmiles At Afordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.