Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Good Example Of Stability Control - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Good Example Of Stability Control (1673 Views)

Finacial Stability / Hello : Example of uncovered car sale scams.. Pass it along.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Example Of Stability Control by Hunter(m): 12:34am On Aug 06, 2006
Found a good example of a video of stability control being demonstrated and what it means for car safety. Thankfully though its not some scientist guy explaining it but a member of the holden precision racing team, so it show how it can control a slide (and then how the slide goes without it turned on)

http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=20846&sy=drive&source=drive.com.au%2FEditorial%2FArticleIndex.aspx%3FcategoryID%3D55&t=5K76T6&ie=1&player=wm7&rate=1761&flash=1

(Warning contains Australian accents)
Re: Good Example Of Stability Control by New(m): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2006
why are Holdens highly regarded in Australia but are considered to be in the same category as American cars in Europe i.e. have mediocre handling abilities round bends/corners and cheap materials are used in the interior(dash, switches etc)?
Re: Good Example Of Stability Control by Hunter(m): 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2006
I have no idea, and to be honest I think that it's unjustified. My parents have a BMW 3 series and its interior is no better quality than any of the top end holden stuff (which is also slightly cheaper)

The new car has received very good reviews in those two aspects actually, both in handeling and finish. So it should be interesting to see what happens when it hits the public
Re: Good Example Of Stability Control by Hunter(m): 6:35am On Aug 10, 2006
I found some pictures of the interior for you as well, and you can judge if you think its poor tongue

From the calais v and from the ss-v (the car in the video)

ss-v (i don't like the colours here that much)

Re: Good Example Of Stability Control by New(m): 9:16am On Aug 10, 2006
They look top notch. I saw a few holdens at the car show at canary wharf, London a couple of years and although their exterior looked great, their engines sounded sweet (you know that V8 howl) I wasn't so sure about the interior but these definitely look like they are a step up.
Re: Good Example Of Stability Control by Hunter(m): 10:48am On Aug 10, 2006
the last interior update they got was quite pleasent as well but the one before that was a bit :S (VX series in perticular, as that varient was showing its age badly)

I can grab a picture of the interior of my brothers car if you want (he drives a VY)
Re: Good Example Of Stability Control by New(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2006
Yeah, that would be cool
Re: Good Example Of Stability Control by Digiman(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2007
Hunter:

Found a good example of a video of stability control being demonstrated and what it means for car safety. Thankfully though its not some scientist guy explaining it but a member of the holden precision racing team, so it show how it can control a slide (and then how the slide goes without it turned on)

http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=20846&sy=drive&source=drive.com.au%2FEditorial%2FArticleIndex.aspx%3FcategoryID%3D55&t=5K76T6&ie=1&player=wm7&rate=1761&flash=1

(Warning contains Australian accents)

Too many driving aid are available nowadays, personally I think they make driving boring, any purist will tell you that !. Learn car control, let your car comminucate with you.
The guy testing it summed it up, he perfer's it off ! grin

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civc 2002(auto) 1.3m!!! hurry now / Pls Help, My Honda Drinks Petrol / sold sold sold.Registered Renault Sefrane For 350k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.