Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? (1285 Views)

Discovery: Why Do Terrorists Fight? / Dead Muslims Seen Moving In Propaganda Video / TB Joshua - An East-African President Will Be Kidnapped By Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
I've been wondering

Why is it that terrorist propaganda videos littering the internet have them brandishing weapons?
Some go as far as standing on top 20ft rockets while holding ak47s. I don't get it and have searched google for the answer but alas it seems no one has asked. What is the symbolism of these weapons?

Some pictures for your consideration.

[EDIT]

More pictures to counter a certain accepted stereotype wink

DISCLAIMER: I did not specify any religion(s) so keep your dumb religious views to yourself please.

Mods, move this to the relevant section if this is the wrong place to post an inquiry of this nature.
Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by Lurcky(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
That's their life, they only use force and guns to preach their own gospel
Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
Lurcky:
That's their life, they only use force and guns to preach their own gospel

But hitler and his followers never posed behind guns, all he did was speak in commanding tones and it worked as effectively as gun brandishing terrorists.

What are the weapons supposed to mean? There must be a reason.
Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by ahnie: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
its their selling points.just as blackboard and chalk is important to a teacher...hence their weapons.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by ghost1718(m): 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
fine isisi or boko boys ask them this question simple
Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by benega: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
2 instill fear
Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
benega:
2 instill fear

In who, followers, opponents or both?

The Germans under Hitler instilled fear without show of force so how come this is a recent development?
I've never seen a North Korean propaganda video with Kim Jung Un addressing soldiers while holding a firearm so what makes terrorists different?
Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
just to let you know they are well equipped and also to bring fear for people.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
wilsondave:
just to let you know they are well equipped and also to bring fear for people.

THANK YOU.
Re: Why Do Terrorists Pose With Weapons In Propaganda Videos? by adewaletb2(m): 10:46am On Nov 28, 2014
To make us feel scared Ą♌d̶̲̥̅̊ I also think that's their swagg.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Oyakhilome Charges Worshippers 1,000 Entry Fee To Attend Church Service / Hellfire: The True Meaning. / Your God Serapus A K A Jesus Is A Fraud !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.