Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Shutting Down Of Ocean View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shutting Down Of Ocean View (784 Views)

Niger-delta Militants Declare War Against Buhari, Shutting Down Oil Refineries / Radio Stations Shutting Down / Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shutting Down Of Ocean View by Gustopop(m): 9:45am On Nov 21, 2008
I think the govt was wrong to have shut down ocean view club. Once a club is licenced its free to display explicit nudity. Govt should have realised it was bounded by residential quarters b4 licencing it. This allays my fears that the Nigerian govt itself is above it's own laws, free to bridge agreements when ever it desires. I would recommend that the goverment instead of shutting down clubs where people have to pay as much as 1,500 to watch nude dancers should rather employ task force personnels to stop road side DVD sellers from displaying explicit adult cd's for every one including children to see. Goverment should put a ban on motels close to schools, eg, there are 4 mothels aroung awori secondary school in Agboju area of Lagos state. school children pass through this buildings to get to tehre school, most times the prostitutes bickering to them to come for sex with as low as 200.
Re: Shutting Down Of Ocean View by MCUsman(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2008
This is against my freedom of view. angry angry angry
Re: Shutting Down Of Ocean View by Moves: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2008
And exactly where in lagos is free of residential or strictly business area; they both co- exist; they should just make sure in enforcing who is allowed there; and they dont constitute a nuisance to neighbours. In germany strip clubs co exist with residential no big deal. Not in anyway in approval of strip clubs but in democracy; peoples rights to choose should be respected.
Re: Shutting Down Of Ocean View by ikeyman00(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2008
uk governemnt by the begining of next year, with the new law comin in, will be trackin down on street prostitution, and aslo their costumer arrest as well!

now benin girls una de listen oo. make una no say na voodo they used make u touch and follow hmm

(1) (Reply)

Funny Thing How Every Nigerian Keeps Complaining That Government Is Not Doing Anything Yet An Abysma / People Who Can Lead Nigeria Forward / A Call To Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.