Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Curious African American Female - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Curious African American Female (1194 Views)

The Sexiest American Female Army Officer Ever (with Pics) / The Sexiest American Female Army Officer Ever (with Pics) / New 27 African American Female! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curious African American Female by Glamrock(f): 8:35am On Nov 06, 2014
Hello family! My name is Janae' I live in America and in the future I really would like to move to Africa. I'm thinking I want to locate in Nigeria. I have never traveled there but I am planning a trip to visit and I hope to come next year to see my culture and how life is for you guys. A little about me is that business wise when I do decide to move I can design clothes and purses for money. I'm very crafty. Can anybody tell me a few things about your land and culture. How would everyday life be for someone like me coming from America? Do you have any photos of where you live and different plant and ways of life I can see? I am really fascinated with your culture. I just want to learn. Please fell free to leave me any advice or information. I'd like to move within the next 10-15 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious African American Female by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2014
Will power. You goin need lotsa that. Why? Cos many peeps over here re gonna come up with so many ish to discourage you. They be like "it aint good here, poverty, diseases etc"

1 Like

Re: Curious African American Female by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 06, 2014
But truth is that people are so successful here and all that. Dont pay them mind. Success or failure is not location-specific. I welcome you in advance. :-)

1 Like

Re: Curious African American Female by Glamrock(f): 8:51am On Nov 06, 2014
Thank you I appreciate it , I will not be discouraged
Re: Curious African American Female by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2014
Yo janae,this is real talk right here,don't nobody be looking out for designers your type round here cus we got local tailors to design whatever and that business is popularly on the small/medium scale enterprises around here meaning you can't come from the US to flourish in it where art and craft was originally originated,bars from my heart in that regard,something else,you could come for vacation or a visit or some,but don't be thinking of moving down here permanently,truth is we 2 steps backward an average america standard of living,did I say 2,slip of tongue/hand,I mean 5 steps backward,stay in the US and tell em black africans to quit that back to africa movement,I aint proud of Nigeria,I aint proud of Africa I just like the black skin cus it favourable in terms of Melanie!!!This is real talk and if you think I'm talking you out your dream then take a leap into the unknown and experience things for yourself...I'm out this b1tch!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Curious African American Female by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 06, 2014
aaronson:
Yo janae,this is real talk right here,don't nobody be looking out for designers your type round here cus we got local tailors to design whatever and that business is popularly on the small/medium scale enterprises around here meaning you can't come from the US to flourish in it where art and craft was originally originated,bars from my heart in that regard,something else,you could come for vacation or a visit or some,but don't be thinking of moving down here permanently,truth is we 2 steps backward an average america standard of living,did I say 2,slip of tongue/hand,I mean 5 steps backward,stay in the US and tell em black africans to quit that back to africa movement,I aint proud of Nigeria,I aint proud of Africa I just like the black skin cus it favourable in terms of Melanie!!!This is real talk and if you think I'm talking you out your dream then take a leap into the unknown and experience things for yourself...I'm out this b1tch!!!!!

I ONLY agree with you that there are good designers in Nigeria. But that is a good advantage to the lady, why? Because the designers we ve got here lack finesse and branding skills. Ask yourself why many Nigerians still resort to buying designer fashion from abroad. With the large population density and demand for crafted goods i strongly believe that she's got a formidable edge over her competition. Competition is even a good thing for her cos its gonna make her adjust and learn MORE quickly to the business environment. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Curious African American Female by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 06, 2014
djmally:

I ONLY agree with you that there are good designers in Nigeria. But that is a good advantage to the lady, why? Because the designers we ve got here lack finesse and branding skills. Ask yourself why many Nigerians still resort to buying designer fashion from abroad. With the large population density and demand for crafted goods i strongly believe that she's got a formidable edge over her competition. Competition is even a good thing for her cos its gonna make her adjust and learn MORE quickly to the business environment. Thanks.
Not so business oriented to debate pros and cons with you but all I'm tryna snitch to that young lady is Africa is not what she thinks it is...she had better stop using her first world orientation to fantasize about the third world lamentations.
Re: Curious African American Female by Glamrock(f): 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
I've already stated that I'll be taking a trip there before deciding to move. I'll be traveling back and fourth from America to Africa.. Im not asking that you tell me what to do and I didn't come here to be spoken rudely to. It's not necessary to get mad over a choice I'm considering, especially if you've never been to America and don't know the life that I come from. I'm just asking for advice here as part of my research. I would never move anywhere that I haven't studied and researched and this is something I'm strongly considering and no one will scare me a way from it without me seeing the life for myself. I've heard a lot of good things about Nigeria. I have Nigerian friends and I work with Nigerians here in the U S. As stated before This is just part of my research not a debate or discussion that leads to arguing back and fourth . Mature replies only please and thank you I come in peace
Re: Curious African American Female by macof(m): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
What you need is will power, intelligence and diligence..Nigeria really has lots of opportunity but also lots of lazy minded people who fail here and complain

Despite the despicable state our politicians are putting the nation
Nigerians are good people generally, just we have a thing for sitting around and waiting for heavenly blessings

You as an American without that bad typical Nigerian mentality you can make it big...most big guns in all works are those who have been exposed to American and European style

Lagos would be the best city for you to consider and observe carefully

1 Like

Re: Curious African American Female by GIYAZZ(m): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
Glamrock, if you want to come to Nigeria, come!

This is your land, atleast come see the land of your ancestors before you leave this world!

Ochon, spade and Ibime, could you pls advise this lady?

1 Like

Re: Curious African American Female by Glamrock(f): 4:24am On Nov 07, 2014
Thankyou I am a hardworker and expect no handouts when I come. I want to experience and see culture. And want it for my daughter and future kids. I have an 8 year old daughter. That's why I say Atleast 10-15 she will be 18 and can finish her education here and I'll only be 36 by then still young and more experienced. I look forward to making life long friends through this site as well. I'll be home soon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

RIP Mc Longs / Watch Video: Baby Tortured By Maid In Uganda / How To Spot A S/he Nairalander(male Dudes Using Female Monickers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.