Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga (746 Views)

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! / Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by Tectono: 4:13am On Nov 07, 2014
DANGOTE IS NOW MORE THAN 5 TIMES RICHER THAN ADENUGA, EMERGES WORLD’S 23RD RICHEST MAN
Tectono Business Review has gathered that the Chairman of Dangote Group of Companies, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has moved 20 spots from his earlier position of the 43rd richest person in the world to the 23rd position, thereby consolidating his earlier rating as the richest man in Africa, according to Forbes magazine.

This multibillionaire, who has interests in cement, sugar, flour and beverages, is now worth $25bn and is also the first black man to be named among the 25 richest people in the world, according to the magazine.

The owner of indigenous telecoms company, Globacom, Chief Mike Adenuga, was the next Nigerian on the list, with a wealth of $4.6bn, maintaining the 325th position in the world. It is now obvious that Aliko Dangote is now more than 5 times richer than Mike Adenuga. Folorunsho Alakija, with $2.5bn is now 687th in the world, and Abdulsamad Rabiu in the 1,372th position in the world, with $1.2bn.

American billionaire, Bill Gates, reclaimed the title of world’s richest person from telecoms mogul, Carlos Slim Helu, of Mexico after four years. Gates, according to Forbes, raked in extra $9bnin the last one year and has been at the top of the list for 15 of the past 20 years.

Spanish clothing retailer, Amancio Ortega (best known for the Zara fashion chain) retains the number three spot for the second year in a row, extending his lead over Warren Buffett, who is again number four. Dangote has also been named the world’s 68th most powerful person.
http://tectono..com/2014/11/dangote-is-now-more-than-5-times-richer.html
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 07, 2014
To most people this is good news but to me it is really sad.
There is no way this man's group of companies would have flourished unabated if monopoly was truly discouraged.

By the way OP, what position is Mo Ibrahim?
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by Tectono: 5:11am On Nov 07, 2014
charix:
To most people this is good news but to me it is really sad.
There is no way this man's group of companies would have flourished unabated if monopoly was truly discouraged.

By the way OP, what position is Mo Ibrahim?

Thanks for your comment. Are talking about Jimoh Ibrahim?
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 07, 2014
Tectono:

No, Dr Mohamed "Mo" Ibrahim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Ibrahim
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by adconline(m): 5:18am On Nov 07, 2014
Tectono:

Mo Ibrahim is Sudanese born, but UK based founder of CELTEL which he later sold to MTC Kuwait.
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 07, 2014
Later now some of my igbo brothers will be advising me do blood money,but I ask them,will the blood money make me richer than dangote??I rather stick to working hard and smart
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by thorpido(m): 6:21am On Nov 07, 2014
^^^Lol

Abeg wetin concern Adenuga with 5 times richer?Him dey compete with Dangote?
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by 2special(m): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2014
guess this is educative,abi wats is big Deal....unnecessary comparisim!
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by mayorall(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ori mi ma sun lo. Ma gbagbe mi.
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Dangote Is Now More Than 5 Times Richer Than Adenuga by zomby(m): 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
@OP:
No one truly knows how much Adenuga worth. Even though, forbes listed his network at $4.6B, but Glo alone worth more than $6B...ConOil too worth more than $15B. Plus all his mighty properties across the world...

So who is fooling who?

(1) (Reply)

Cooking Gas Scarcity Looms As Supply Falls / How To Earn 100,000naira On A Weekly Basis / Frozen Food Business!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.