Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why Julius Agwu Withdrew From 2015 Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Julius Agwu Withdrew From 2015 Race (615 Views)

APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu / Tambuwal: I Withdrew From Presidential Race In The Larger Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Julius Agwu Withdrew From 2015 Race by etunoman76(m): 6:19am On Nov 07, 2014
In the last three days, ace comedian, Julius Agwu, was the subject of a raging controversy on the Internet. While some reports published online claimed that he had decided to withdraw from the forthcoming Governorship election in Rivers State, others said he was still in the race.

One report actually insinuated that Agwu would go ahead with his plan to contest in the election in 2015. It said the comedian boasted that nothing would stop him from fulfilling his ambition.

But Agwu confirmed his decision to quit, in a telephone interview with our correspondent. Admitting that he would no longer run for an elective office in 2015 due to pressure from his kith and kin in Rivers State, he said, “My people have asked me to drop my ambition because of a zoning arrangement within the PDP to produce the next governor of Rivers State from the riverine tribes.”

The standup comedian, who returned from a trip to the United States a few days ago, said he had no choice other than to listen to wise counsel of his people.

Although Agwu’s kinsmen and fellow party men have given him the option of contesting for a seat in the State House of Assembly, he said he might not accept the offer.

“The reason is that I really want to concentrate on my career. I think I am going to forget about politics for now and focus on my career,” he said.

It appears that, in making such a decision, Agwu may have disappointed his numerous fans, well wishers, friends and associates who had earlier pledged to support his ambition financially.

While the popular comedian’s withdrawal from the 2015 general election continued to ignite reactions from many Nigerians, other entertainers have gone on to indicate their interest to contest. One of them is music star, Gift Uwame, aka Muma Gee.

Apart from declaring her intention to represent the Abua/Odua and Ahoada East Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, Muma Gee has since picked a nomination form from the party’s office in Port Harcourt and printed campaign posters.

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/e-punch/why-julius-agwu-withdrew-from-2015-race/

Re: Why Julius Agwu Withdrew From 2015 Race by Dopeyomi(m): 6:33am On Nov 07, 2014
So dem don withdraw am abi

Shey Neco result for 2012 don come out
Re: Why Julius Agwu Withdrew From 2015 Race by kennyslim1(m): 6:38am On Nov 07, 2014
ok

(1) (Reply)

66 South African Victims Of Synagogue Collapsed Building Flown Home / BREAKING: Dwindling Oil Price: CBN Devalues Naira, Raises Lending Rate / Buhari Slams Pdp’s Bare-faced Falsehood,re-commits To Livable And Secure Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.