Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

A Suggestion To Make Threads Simpler To Read Through - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Suggestion To Make Threads Simpler To Read Through (669 Views)

Suggestion To Moderators On BANNING! *fellow Nlanders Wat Do U Think* / My Suggestion To Seun Regarding Nairaland / Suggestion to Seun On Rotating The Moderating Postion Among Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Suggestion To Make Threads Simpler To Read Through by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 07, 2014
With the amount of writeups displayed in realtime on this forum, I find it a herculean task reading and making sense of most of the information posted. Several times I've come across interesting topics only to lose hope of commenting due to their voluminous nature.

Alot of posters complain that the new generation are too lazy to read but forget that technology exists and is routinely innovated to improve lives and make difficult tasks of yesteryears simpler to perform. Posters who fall into this category of complaints hardly even read thread contents and make mocking comments just to feel superior to others.

I propose a system whereby all posters are required to summarize their writeups after posting so people can glance through them and have a brief idea before posting.

Leading by example I would use this thread as an example

- OP complains alot of topics are too long to read entirely
- OP suggests users summarize posts to give a brief idea
- OP mentions some posters would not be happy with the idea
- OP does not care what they think because he knows it would be better for the community as a whole
- OP makes creates example with his post to give an idea.
- OP hopes more people follow suit.

Mind you, this is not intellectual laziness I'm suggesting, just a way to read and assimilate more information in a shorter amount of time.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Leader Of Ombatse And Murderer Of DSS Agents Killed In Early Morning R / Ten Golden Rules To Keep Your Marriage Blissful / With Virtually All The Numerous Retailers Ultra Thin Complete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.