Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:38 PM

Fire Razes 100-room Building In Ibadan - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire Razes 100-room Building In Ibadan (607 Views)

Fire Razes Brothel, Three Houses In Rivers (photo) / Fire Razes Church, Market In Badagry,lagos / A Jungle In The City: See The 500 -room Building Where Tenants Live As Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fire Razes 100-room Building In Ibadan by Solutioncrib: 8:26am On Nov 07, 2014

PROPERTIES worth millions of naira were on Thursday morning, destroyed when fire razed a building with over 100 rooms situated on Tanimowo Street, Opposite NNPC station, Apata in Ido Local Government Area of Oyo State.
According to one of the occupants of the house, Ajani Olawale while speaking with Our Source said: "The fire started from one of the apartments in the house and before anyone could get to know about it, it has gone out of control because the owner of the apartment was not around at the time of the incident.

This place is overcrowded, we do not
know ourselves. We have over a 100
rooms in this building and I must tell you it is very difficult to identify who goes in and comes out of the house. There is no form of effective communication whatsoever. I will suggest the government should take over the house."

He further informed that, it was the
prompt response of the fire fighters from the NNPC and men of the Oyo State Fire Service that salvage the situation, else, it would have been more disastrous.

Our Source, however, gathered that
the building was being used for an hotel,before it was converted to a residential building, after the demise of the owner.
This, another victim attributed the cause of the fire.
Speaking with journalists at the scene of the incident, leader of the Oyo State Fire Service team, Adeleke Isiaka
said: "According to our findings, the fire started from one of the kitchens which is located at the extreme of the house.

As you can see now, the situation has been brought under control."
Isiaka, however, advised residents to be careful as we approach the dry season as it is usually accompanied by series of fire incidents.

"Whenever anybody is cooking
either on the stove, electric cooker or gas cooker, one must not leave it and do something else. A close watch must be kept on it because if there is any fire outbreak, there will be prompt response to avert disaster," he said.

Caretaker Chairman, Ido Local Government Area who was at the scene to assess the extent of damage done by the fire in a chat with the Our Source, stated
that: "Although the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) as well as the Oyo State Emergency Management Agency
(OYSEMA) are in the best position to
provide palatives for victims of this kind of incident, I want to state here
categorically that I will officially inform the governor about this and as it is a known fact that he is a listening governor, I believe something will be done for the
victims both at local and state level."

Source:
http://solutioncrib.com/discussion/2118/suggest

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Sale 3 And A Half Acres Of Land Along Benin-Abuja Express Road / Price Of Cement Back To 1900 From 1350 / 3 Bedroom Flat For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.