Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,767 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. (65223 Views)

The Most Touching Movie You Ever Watched, Let's Hear Them. / Share Your Amazing Or Touching Stories On Television / Short Video: Best Bgt Show Ever Liveth!! Touching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Elxandre(m): 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
XVIER:
No one is talking about may 1999 champions league Barcelona camp nou. BAYARN MUNICH 1-2 MANCHESTER UNITED...anytime I watch it or remember it I keep on crying. SIR ALEX makes me proud.
You are a special case grin
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by mifavour(f): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
joromi:
This film made me cry o cry

I saw the movie 2 days ago. I cried
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Datsleekdude(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
IF I STAY too is a nice movie
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by XVIER(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
Elxandre:

You are a special case grin
you mean special case in special way? wink grin grin
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by LadyRotex(f): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
I stil remember d song with the clap routine sef. I'v always loved indian movies. Try n watch "BLACK" and "BAGHBAN". Great movies!@
uote author=Sile12 post=27808040]13. YEH VAADA RAHA.(THE PROMISE, 1982).

Vikram Rai Bahadur is the only son of Mrs. Sharda, and sole heir to a vast business and estate. While vacationing with his artiste friend, Raja in Kashmir he meets a poor beautiful girl named Sunita and falls head over heels in love with her.
Vikram goes back to Delhi, to ask his mother's permission and blessings to marry Sunita, but she refuses telling VIcky about Sunita's parents and past. Also saying that if her name is joined to theirs, their business will suffer as Sunita's presence is inauspicious. His mother's words anger Vikram and he goes back to Kashmir and tells Sunita they will have a quiet temple wedding. On their way to the temple their vehicle meets with an accident against a truck. While Raja sustains minor injuries, Vikram is badly hurt and hospitalized, and Sunita's face is severely disfigured. Mrs. Sharda goes to see Sunita and offers her money to stay away from Vikram. She tells Sunita about her disfigurement and emotionally blackmails her by saying "think how Vikram would live with an ugly and disfigured girl like her. Hearing this Sunita agrees to stay away from Vikram but says she doesn't want Sharda's money. Sunita is transferred to a hospital in Delhi, where Sunita's local doctor, Dr. Sahni together with a doctor in the Delhi hospital, Dr. Mehra restore her disfigurement by plastic surgery. On the day that she leaves, Vikram regains consciousness and asks for Sunita, But his mother tells him that Sunita is dead.Months pass and Vikram longs for Sunita, not eating properly, not living his life, not looking after himself. Meanwhile in these months Dr Mehra is doing his job beautifully, he fixes Sunita's disfigured face and gives her a new face. She quickly recovers, and cannot wait to give the good news to Vikram, but Vikram is unable to recognise Sunita and she believes that he has forgotten her. She returned returned home and changed her name to Kusum.
Vikram and Kusam later came together and sang together, hearing her voice reminds Vikram of Sunita's voice and he continuously re-listens to her voice's recordings in order to figure out whether it is Sunita's or not. But Vikram and his Mother noticed Sunita's presence in Kusum. Dr. Mehra calls Sharda(Vikram's Mother) to his hospital and explains to her how he had given Sunita a new face after her disfigurement. He tells her how Sunita is Kusum and Kusum is Sunita and how Kusum.
[/quote]
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by electrokristron(m): 1:46am On Nov 21, 2014
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

This is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 21, 2014
mifavour:

till date I've not seen this movie..
Favour have you seen the Titanic too?
If No, go to the nearest video store this weekend and get it with just 200.
Please don't see it on any mobile device, but on TV for the best perception.
Quote me when you are done.grin
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by yaskarahyelhope(f): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2014
This one is anoda very touching movie

3 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by penzino(m): 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
yaskarahyelhope:
This one is anoda very touching movie
and am not a terrorist
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by penzino(m): 12:14am On Nov 24, 2014
Sile12:
6. GLADIATORS (2000).

Gladiatoris a 2000 British-Americanepichistorical dramafilm directed byRidley Scott, starringRussell Crowe,Joaquin Phoenix,Connie Nielsen,Ralf Möller,Oliver Reed(in his final film role),Djimon Hounsou,Derek Jacobi,John Shrapnel, andRichard Harris. Crowe portrays the fictional character, loyalRomangeneral Maximus Decimus Meridius, who is betrayed when the emperorMarcus Aurelius's ambitious son,Commodus, murders his father and seizes the throne.Reduced to slavery, Maximus rises through the ranks of the gladiatorial arena to avenge the murder of his family and his emperor.
my name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, General of the Army of the North, Commander of the Felix Legion. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and I shall have my vengeance in this life or the next. Damn! I loved the look on the emperors face after this scene. Great movie indeed

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 24, 2014
penzino:
my name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, General of the Army of the North, Commander of the Felix Legion. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and I shall have my vengeance in this life or the next. Damn! I loved the look on the emperors face after this scene. Great movie indeed

I love that scene

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Dano4real(m): 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hey where is "The Count Of Monte-Cristo"!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by shyshally(f): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2014
Datsleekdude:
IF I STAY too is a nice movie
I read the novel before watching d film.while watching it I was soo angry I felt like punching sme1,d movie was a VERY VERY POOR representation of d novel
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Ask4delaw(m): 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lasveg:
if u post a movie dont tell us how it ends, film wey i know how it ends wetin i won watch inside again. On a more serious note where person won see all these films watch?

download from youtube
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Sile12:
15 DEVDAS (2002).

Devdas is a young man from a wealthy Bengali family in India in the early 1900s. Paro (Parvati) is a young woman from a low class family. The two families lived in a village in Bengal, and Devdas and Paro were childhood friends.Devdas goes away for a couple of years to live and study in England, he returns to his village. Suddenly both realise their easy comfortability in each other's innocent comradeship has changed to something different. Devdas realises Parvati is no longer the small girl he knew. Paro looks forward to their childhood love blossoming into their lifelong journey together in marriage. Of course, according to the prevailing social custom, Paro's parents would have to approach Devdas' parents and propose marriage of paro the to Devdas as Paro longed for.
Paro's grandmother approaches Devdas's mother with a marriage proposal. Although Devdas's mother loved Paro very much she wasn't so keen on forming an alliance with the poor next door neighbour. Devdas Mukherjee's life spirals further and further out of control as he takes up alcohol and a life of vice to numb the pain.
I cried the first time i watched this movie.
My heart was melting down as dis movie was sadly getting to the end.
What a heart breaking movie!
The part that stirred up more my emotions, was where paro(Aishwarya Rai) was running down to meet dieing Devdas(Shahrukh khan)
Oh my...! I dnt wanna watch dis painful movie again.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
YoungBraniac:

I cried the first time i watched this movie.
My heart was melting down as dis movie was sadly getting to the end.
What a heart breaking movie!
The part that stirred up more my emotions, was where paro(Aishwarya Rai) was running down to meet dieing Devdas(Shahrukh khan)
Oh my...! I dnt wanna watch dis painful movie again.
Really touching, but av u seen "Paa"
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
Sile12:

Really touching, but av u seen "Paa"
Nope. buh hope it's a nice movie? Well lemme check it out at wikipedia coz i usually read movie story lines so that i may know what d movie entails.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
YoungBraniac:

Nope. buh hope it's a nice movie? Well lemme check it out at wikipedia coz i usually read movie story lines so that i may know what d movie entails.

Its number 10 on the list, see it and quote me again.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 22, 2015
Sile12:

Its number 10 on the list, see it and quote me again.
Abisheck Bachan, being the father of Amitabh bachan, when Amitabh is his real father in life...hmmm dis movie seems to be promising
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 22, 2015
YoungBraniac:

Abisheck Bachan, being the father of Amitabh bachan, when Amitabh is his real father in life...hmmm dis movie seems to be promising

His last moment on the hospital bed, so unbearable....
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Funjosh(m): 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Sile12:

His last moment on the hospital bed, so unbearable....
Sile12 have you watched John Q
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Shittaakeem(m): 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
taurus21:
Went through the first two pages of this thread and didn't find my favorite movie of all time..pls somebody go watch 'The Notebook' and thank me later.
You spoke my mind
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by ambient: 9:41am On Jul 14, 2015
Any movie that has the Indian actor sharukh khan as the actor is bound to be emotional and educating.. Such as ramjanne, I am khan etc.I have never missed any if his movie
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by EcoBlitz(m): 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
Um, where is The Fault in our starts? And like starts on earth?

Those 2 movies aren't here.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Jolaoshot(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
another heartbreaking movie is dragon blade... Jackie chan's latest movie.. very heart breaking cry cry
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Forwetinnah: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Green mile - Tom Hanks. I was depressed for over a month after watching that movie
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by EcoBlitz(m): 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
Forwetinnah:
The Green mile - Tom Hanks. I was depressed for over a month after watching that movie

A month? Sure that's not an exaggeration? undecided
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by Forwetinnah: 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
EcoBlitz:

A month? Sure that's not an exaggeration? undecided

My experience. ..NOT YOURS!
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by yssok: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
I almost shed tears after watching PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS. Very emotional movie
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by duke59(m): 12:23am On Sep 04, 2015
The green mile
Dat movie is so so touching and sad...even remembering it has got me soft cry cry
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by emmastone019(f): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2015
Nsonaso:
[b] Well I don't know how you guys judged it download this films and thank me now or later..... Any time is welcomed by me

1. Slumdog Millionaire: is a 2008 British drama film directed by Danny
Boyle , written by Simon Beaufoy , and co-directed in India by
Loveleen Tandan . [6] It is an adaptation of the novel Q & A (2005)
by Indian author and diplomat Vikas Swarup. Set and filmed in
India, the film tells the story of Jamal Malik , a young man from
the Juhu slums of Mumbai [7] who appears on the Indian version
of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? and exceeds people's
expectations, thereby arousing the suspicions of cheating; Jamal
recounts in flashback how he knows the answer to each question,
each one linked to a key event in his life.

2. The Sorcerer and the White Snake, previously known as, "It's Love
and Madame White Snake" is a 2011 film directed by Ching Siu-tung
and starring Jet Li . [5] It is based on the Chinese Legend of the
White Snake. Production started in September 10, 2010[6] and
ended on January 16, 2011. [7] The film is in 3-D [8] and was
shown out of competition at the 68th Venice International Film

3. House of Flying Daggers is a 2004 wuxia film directed by Zhang
Yimou and starring Andy Lau , Takeshi Kaneshiro and Zhang Ziyi .
Unlike other wuxia films, it is more of a love story than a straight
martial arts film.

4. LOST

What about OUR NollyWood Movie?
5. HOUR OF GRACE
[/b]

I HATE DIS MOVIEs
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Movies. by otunbadan(m): 2:52am On Sep 08, 2015
SCHLINDER'S LIST.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa Logo & Illuminati Seeing Eye Are Similar? / My Eternal On AIT, From 10-11am, Mon-fri. / BBNaija: Ike And Mercy In Toilet Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.