Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Views: Headship Of The Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Views: Headship Of The Family (4925 Views)

A Man Who Cannot Foot The Bills Of The Home Has Lost His Right To Headship / Your Views On This Pls. / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
good.. so who determines when there should be a compromise

EnlightenedSoul:

No, but I believe in compromise whenever they can't be. Sex alone breaks a stalemate? Nah.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:
good.. so who determines when there should be a compromise

The situation determines it. If we both feel strongly about something, we'd obviously need to come to a compromise. However, one should also learn when to give way to the other. You should try to make each other happy whenever possible, give and take. The last thing you need is a power struggle.

2 Likes

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

The situation determines it. If we both feel strongly about something, we'd obviously need to come to a compromise. However, one should also learn when to give way to the other. You should try to make each other happy whenever possible, give and take. The last thing you need is a power struggle.

So the views are not so vastly different after all?
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

So the views are not so vastly different after all?

From what I gathered, there is neither compromise nor give and take in your model. It's all take? Correct me if I'm wrong...

1 Like

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

From what I gathered, there is neither compromise nor give and take in your model. It's all take? Correct me if I'm wrong...

why did u think that..i never said so

See my post below

pickabeau1:

you are the one reading nuances into what is not there
Like the poster above parismarc said...
Decisions are made jointly with the hubby but where a knotty one comes up and a decision HAS to be made, she defers to the man
a well structured courtship should ensure commonality & compatibility over 90 percent of issues
We are talking of a small bunch here
But note a woman may have the best solution to that issue, the man should trust his partner to make the best decision
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

why did u think that..i never said so

See my post below

Because you said:

pickabeau1:

Decisions are made jointly with the hubby but where a knotty one comes up and a decision HAS to be made, she defers to the man
a well structured courtship should ensure commonality & compatibility over 90 percent of issues
But note a woman may have the best solution to that issue, the man should trust his partner to make the best decision

Although I agree with the importance of compatibility/commonality, the bolded is him going solo every time a disagreement occurs. There is neither compromise, nor is there any give or take. What's the point of having an opinion? Your opinion matters only so long as you agree?

3 Likes

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by coogar: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:
Babygirlfl

i asked this question on your thread and you recommended opening a thread
After the debate.. i will close the thread

What are your views on headship of a family

Thanks

what kinda question is this?
who else should head the home? the kids? the pet animals? of course, the man is the head of his home irrespective of his class, status, IQ or whatever. if the wife doesn't feel so then she shouldn't have married him in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Because you said:

Although I agree with the importance of compatibility/commonality, the bolded is him going solo every time a disagreement occurs. There is neither compromise, nor is there any give or take. What's the point of having an opinion? Your opinion matters only so long as you agree?

I guess you missed this
...she may be the best person to make the call then

coogar:

who else should head the home? the kids? the pet animals? of course, the man is the head of his home irrespective of his class, status, IQ or whatever. if the wife doesn't feel so then she shouldn't have married him in the first place.

lol...
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
LOL...Coogar has come again cheesy cheesy
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

I guess you missed this

...she may be the best person to make the call then

I noticed it, but I also noticed the nuances in the two statements. And btw, I don't believe all decisions need to be made jointly.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I noticed it, but I also noticed the nuances in those statements. And btw, I don't believe all decisions need be made jointly.

ok..
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

ok..

Do you believe every decision has to be made jointly?
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Do you believe every decision has to be made jointly?

i thought we thrashed this already

My earlier post

pickabeau1:

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

i thought we thrashed this already

My earlier post

Yes, but I'm asking you. Do you believe as husband, you have to discuss every little decision with your wife? Curious.

I think it depends on impact, but that's just me.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Yes, but I'm asking you. Do you believe as husband, you have to discuss every little decision with your wife? Curious.

I think it depends on impact, but that's just me.

I agree with this
I said earlier...90 percent of decisions in my opinion need no discussion as values are expected to be compatible if courting is done right
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

I agree with this
I said earlier...90 percent of decisions in my opinion need no discussion as values are expected to be compatible if courting is done right

Fair enough. I think I would die if every little thing had to be 'discussed'. Although I would highlight and underline the importance of communication.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
Yes... it is key

EnlightenedSoul:

Fair enough. Although I would note the importance of communication.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by coogar: 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
Kayworld26:
LOL...Coogar has come again cheesy cheesy

what's your opinion?
do you want to be the head in your house?
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by r231(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
coogar:

simple as ABC cheesy grin
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by shizzleStar: 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1 why is Enlightenedsoul drilling you like this?

she will be like...'na me send you open thread?' cheesycheesy
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
The drilling was major..lol

But shes not into the wars which happen here so i answered her

grin grin
shizzleStar:

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by shizzleStar: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
pickabeau1:
The drilling was major..lol

But shes not into the wars which happen here so i answered her

grin grin
lol...you right...

i noticed too, she isnt like the annoyingly aggressive and 'toutish' type cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
yep....

shizzleStar:
lol...you right...

i noticed too, she isnt like the annoyingly aggressive type smiley

1 Like

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
shizzleStar:

Lol you've obviously never been drilled.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by thorpido(m): 9:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lol at ladies who are avoiding the word headship but still implying it.
What's wrong with headship?It doesn't mean someone who makes all the decisions in a family or lords it over the other partner.A good head obviously allows others to make contributions and even take responsibilities.
There can't be a vacancy of a head in a home so someone is the head definitely.

I understand some women have decided to wear the shoes and keep their men under them.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
So you noticed?

Lol

grin

thorpido:
What's wrong with headship?It doesn't mean someone who makes all the decisions in a family or lords it over the other partner.A good head obviously allows others to make contributions and even take responsibilities.

I understand some women have decided to wear the shoes and keep their men under them.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by lilmax(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
Where is vicky
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by shizzleStar: 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol you've obviously never been drilled.
have been but not on this your level...'class drilling' cheesy

Hope you not planning to drill me?...lol
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
I'm the head, I lead she follows
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
shizzleStar:
have been but not on this your level...'class drilling' cheesy

Hope you not planning to drill me?...lol

I just wanted to see where he was coming from, and what the point of this whole 'headship' thing was to him.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by shizzleStar: 8:18am On Nov 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I just wanted to see where he was coming from, and what the point of this whole 'headship' thing was to him.
ok
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Kimoni: 10:47am On Nov 08, 2014
thorpido:

Same goes for a lot of argument in this section, both sides implying the same thing but calling it different names, yet this arguments can go on for ever and get really bloody. It amazes me

Maybe if these arguments starts with personal definition and objectivity from both sides, Family section would be devoid of senseless arguments and fightings.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Convo Between A Son And His Mum On Whatsapp Last Night / Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! / Do Babies See Spirits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.