Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers (1975 Views)

Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? / Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State / Soyinka Takes Osun Groove Water For Brazilian Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by PAnaceA7(m): 11:40am On Nov 07, 2014
I call them Idol worshippers cus that's what they are..
A friend told me of how he almost engaged one of them in a fight simply because he refused to give them money...that if not for the intervention of boys in Hus area, things would have gone messy.

Just recently I too came across them again.... This time they were even more than the ones explained to me by my friend with their masquerade of course.. My lady friend told me that we should try and avoid them because this people can beat you if you don't give them anything. Telling me tales of how they beat a man in his area so mercilessly because he was challenging them as well..... I was surprised cause I felt this shouldn't be a compulsory thing and I also saw them entering the police station(the compound) beating their drums and chanting with the policemen watching helplessly.

My question now is this what power do this people have? and What steps can be taking if this people assault anyone again?
Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by ezeagu(m): 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
Catholic Christian Idol being worshipped

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2009/08/fatima_statue.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
ezeagu:

wat do u mean
Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by ezeagu(m): 12:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
Christian Idol Worshippers flogging themselves raw for their idol.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by ezeagu(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
Christian idol worshippers casting demons out of innocent children.

[img]http://thewe.cc/thewei/&/&/bbc17/exorcism_ceremonies.jpe[/img]

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by PAnaceA7(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
ezeagu:

Catholics do not worship idols..... The use of images helps one to reflect on the person or thing depicted... It's just like keeping the pictures of a dead love one.... Do you call it idolatry
Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by ezeagu(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
PAnaceA7:

Catholics do not worship idols..... The use of images helps one to reflect on the person or thing depicted... It's just like keeping the pictures of a dead love one.... Do you call it idolatry

That's exactly what idolatry is, at least, what people who are accused of idolatry do.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by PAnaceA7(m): 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
ezeagu:

That's exactly what idolatry is, at least, what people who are accused of idolatry do.
They offer sacrifices,we don't besides how does that help this thread
Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by PAnaceA7(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
Many views no comments...... Nairalanders let's contribute am sure some of you know the rationale behind this act so pls do speak up and defend your people if there is anything to defend.
Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
em op I understand your ground in the situation. I have also had reasons to question pple around about the aggressive & at times violent and murderous nature of some traditional worshippers. Me personally..., i harbour no resentment against them, but there's sincerely got to be some modifications in their codes and laws. Any religion that preaches/encourages murder, whether islam, christianity, paganism is totally unacceptable(e.g- the oros of the yorubas has sent many to the after-life.... worshippers should try and modify.. Please!
Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by datkoded(m): 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
PAnaceA7:

Lol, u just defined idolatry naw
Re: My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers by ezeagu(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
PAnaceA7:

They offer sacrifices,we don't besides how does that help this thread

Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Question For Awka Ibom People About The Name Okon / See How The King Of Auchi Is Making His People Proud - Facebook User / Differnces Between Yoruba Men And yoruba Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.