Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

How To Unlock Zte Moderm MF190/MF180/MFWW0 Etc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Unlock Zte Moderm MF190/MF180/MFWW0 Etc (3277 Views)

How Can I Sim Network Unlock ZTE V970 Smartphone? / Unlock Zte Modem/data Card: Now Maker Of Mtn And Etisalat Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Unlock Zte Moderm MF190/MF180/MFWW0 Etc by mayordadon(m): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
I wrote earlier on unlocking ZTE and Huawei modems on this postand it works quite well but lots of comments made me re-write the post with more details. I’ve used DC unlocker with lots of ZTE modems including MF110, MF190, MF180, MF673u and more. Unlike Huawei modems that can be easily unlocked by generating the unlock code using the IMEI, there are certain steps to take to unlock a ZTE USB modem with DC Unlocker. If your model number is not listed, you can still try it anyway.
You’ll need DC unlocker to get this done and you may download here.
How to Unlock ZTE Modems
- Insert an alien SIM into the modem, I mean an unsupported SIM from a different network
- Plug in your USB modem to the computer and start the default modem software. What I mean by the default program is the program from which you connect the modem to your home network.
- When you’re prompted for an unlock code, close the program but be sure the modem remains plugged in.
- Disconnect all internet connections and run DC Unlocker
- Click on server and input doncaprio as username and password.
- Under Select Manufacturer, choose ZTE datacards
- Under Select models, just leave it at Auto detect as shown above.
- Click on the magnifying glass to search for your modem.
- When your datacard is detected, click on unlock. Your modem should be unlocked after some seconds.
As you can see in the image above, that screenshot was taken when I was unlocking a friend’s ZTE MF190 from Airtel. It was successfully unlocked without any errors.
What you should do after unlocking your modem.
OK, you’ve unlocked your mode, now and it now accepts SIM cards from different network providers but that’s not the end of it. Without creating data profiles for these networks, you probably won’t be able to use the modem on other networks.
Based on the provider you use and what the default program user interface looks like, you must locate where to create a new configuration profile. For me, it’s just underTools>Options>Profile Management
You must create a new settings for each provider you intend to use. You only need theAccess Point Name (APN),UsernameandPassword. You’re to select static APN and use *99# as access number in most cases.
MTN NG
*.Access Point Name (APN): web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
*.APN type: static
*.Access number: *99#
*.Username: web
*.Password: web
GLO NG
*.Access Point Name (APN): gloflat
*.Username: flat
*.Password: flat
AIRTEL NG
*.Access Point Name (APN): internet.ng.airtel.com
*.Username: internet
*.Password: internet
ETISALAT NG
*.Access Point Name (APN): etisalat
*.Username: leave blank
*.Password: leave blank
These are for some of the major Nigerian networks. You should try to find out the configuration settings that works with all your networks to get the most out of the unlocked ZTE modem.

2 Likes

Re: How To Unlock Zte Moderm MF190/MF180/MFWW0 Etc by damilonya(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2014
mayordadon:

I wrote earlier on unlocking ZTE and Huawei modems on this postand it works quite well but lots of comments made me re-write the post with more details. I’ve used DC unlocker with lots of ZTE modems including MF110, MF190, MF180, MF673u and more. Unlike Huawei modems that can be easily unlocked by generating the unlock code using the IMEI, there are certain steps to take to unlock a ZTE USB modem with DC Unlocker. If your model number is not listed, you can still try it anyway.
You’ll need DC unlocker to get this done and you may download here.
How to Unlock ZTE Modems
- Insert an alien SIM into the modem, I mean an unsupported SIM from a different network
- Plug in your USB modem to the computer and start the default modem software. What I mean by the default program is the program from which you connect the modem to your home network.
- When you’re prompted for an unlock code, close the program but be sure the modem remains plugged in.
- Disconnect all internet connections and run DC Unlocker
- Click on server and input doncaprio as username and password.
- Under Select Manufacturer, choose ZTE datacards
- Under Select models, just leave it at Auto detect as shown above.
- Click on the magnifying glass to search for your modem.
- When your datacard is detected, click on unlock. Your modem should be unlocked after some seconds.
As you can see in the image above, that screenshot was taken when I was unlocking a friend’s ZTE MF190 from Airtel. It was successfully unlocked without any errors.
What you should do after unlocking your modem.
OK, you’ve unlocked your mode, now and it now accepts SIM cards from different network providers but that’s not the end of it. Without creating data profiles for these networks, you probably won’t be able to use the modem on other networks.
Based on the provider you use and what the default program user interface looks like, you must locate where to create a new configuration profile. For me, it’s just underTools>Options>Profile Management
You must create a new settings for each provider you intend to use. You only need theAccess Point Name (APN),UsernameandPassword. You’re to select static APN and use *99# as access number in most cases.
MTN NG
*.Access Point Name (APN): web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
*.Username: web
*.Password: web
GLO NG
*.Access Point Name (APN): gloflat
*.Username: flat
*.Password: flat
AIRTEL NG
*.Access Point Name (APN): internet.ng.airtel.com
*.Username: internet
*.Password: internet
ETISALAT NG
*.Access Point Name (APN): etisalat
*.Username: leave blank
*.Password: leave blank
These are for some of the major Nigerian networks. You should try to find out the configuration settings that works with all your networks to get the most out of the unlocked ZTE modem.
pls, while trying to unlock my zte mf 631, i mistakenly clicked on deactivate diagnostic port and since then, my modem cant connect and wil ask for software. Pls, any help?
Re: How To Unlock Zte Moderm MF190/MF180/MFWW0 Etc by suect: 11:38am On Dec 24, 2014
damilonya:
pls, while trying to unlock my zte mf 631, i mistakenly clicked on deactivate diagnostic port and since then, my modem cant connect and wil ask for software. Pls, any help?

Hello,
I am having a hard time to unlock ZTE K4607-Z because it is an 8 digit code.
Can someone help me?
thank you
Re: How To Unlock Zte Moderm MF190/MF180/MFWW0 Etc by nathseger: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
pls can someone help me unlock my airtel modem with imei:861648008245908 AND EAN:6934933007512. thx. Expecting The Unlocking Code. the modem model is mf190

(1) (Reply)

★Do You Want To Know How To Increase Your Android Internal Memory?..This is how / Forget 4gig Ram's, This Beast Has An 8gig! :D / Galaxy Note4 Or Tecno Camon C9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.