Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples (1505 Views)

The Key Differences Between Python 2.7.x & Python 3.x With Examples / Differences Between Python 2.7.x And Python 3.x, With Examples / 60 Problem Solving Strategies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by africanaija: 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
Have you got this feeling that you are able to grasp the concepts of programming and you are able to understand what’s a variable, what’s a function, what are data types, etc. but yet you find it difficult to solve problems in programming. Every beginner gets this feeling. I did too when starting out.

It is important to overcome this feeling at the earliest, otherwise it can form a mental block for you.

Original Post - http://blog.programmersmotivation.com/2014/08/20/solve-problem-beginner-programmers/
Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by omeizaowuda(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2014
Every Artist, Designer, or programmer passes through this stage. Its a stage where you feel you need to know more to solve a real problem. The solution to this is just to take your time, don't be scared of failing, and most importantly...you need to break down the whole problem into little and simple parts. Its a concept I learnt from design patterns. Its the way programmers solve their problems. And if you are still stuck, then you need to learn more, possibly more syntax or you need to share your problem with the community. Start by going to stack overflow and share your problem.
Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by Skykid1208(m): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
omeizaowuda:
Every Artist, Designer, or programmer passes through this stage. Its a stage where you feel you need to know more to solve a real problem. The solution to this is just to take your time, don't be scared of failing, and most importantly...you need to break down the whole problem into little and simple parts. Its a concept I learnt from design patterns. Its the way programmers solve their problems. And if you are still stuck, then you need to learn more, possibly more syntax or you need to share your problem with the community. Start by going to stack overflow and share your problem.

Thanks BOSS
NOTED!
Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by RashEngine: 12:21am On Nov 09, 2014
omeizaowuda:

like seriously, I'm in that shit now
Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by RashEngine: 12:48am On Nov 09, 2014
omeizaowuda:
Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by RashEngine: 12:49am On Nov 09, 2014
omeizaowuda:

I can write codes, but I don't know how
to solve problems with them. in other
words, how to make software. please
help cuz I'm having same feeling
Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by omeizaowuda(m): 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
RashEngine:

I can write codes, but I don't know how
to solve problems with them. in other
words, how to make software. please
help cuz I'm having same feeling

Then, you need a pencil and a sketch pad. Clearly define the problem(write it out), write out what you feel the solution is in ENGLISH language. Then carry out all steps one after the other. You should know that there are possibly more than 2 ways to solve your problem. Also, don't be too overwhelmed if you are getting an head way. Save the smile till you get the final solution. Programming can be a little bit tricky. That's the way I solve problems.

1 Like

Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by RashEngine: 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
omeizaowuda:

Then, you need a pencil and a sketch pad. Clearly define the problem(write it out), write out what you feel the solution is in ENGLISH language. Then carry out all steps one after the other. You should know that there are possibly more than 2 ways to solve your problem. Also, don't be too overwhelmed if you are getting an head way. Save the smile till you get the final solution. Programming can be a little bit tricky. That's the way I solve problems.

thanks boss. but how can I arrive at a GUI and not this command prompt of a thing. must I learn another software to be able to make a GUI for my programs/software?
I really appreciate ur concern and attention u are granting me
Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by RashEngine: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
omeizaowuda:

Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by omeizaowuda(m): 6:26am On Nov 11, 2014
RashEngine:

thanks boss. but how can I arrive at a GUI and not this command prompt of a thing. must I learn another software to be able to make a GUI for my programs/software?
I really appreciate ur concern and attention u are granting me

Which language do you know?
Re: The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples by RashEngine: 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
omeizaowuda:

Which language do you know?

C++

(1) (Reply)

C++ Experts Pls Help Me . / Voting Is Here Again Boys, Follow The Instructions Below To Cast Your Vote / Minoxidil Beard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.