Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) (1916 Views)

Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? / Voting And Counting At Governors’ Forum (Video) / Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Topiipii(m): 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
As I'm typing this post, there has been a total power outage in at least the two states listed with no end or solution in sight. Since around 11 a.m on Monday the 3rd of November, Ekiti has been plunged into total darkness and there has been no word on the actual cause of the problem or when it will be resolved. This is happening in a country that claims to have the largest GDP in Africa and is 'so rich' that 40 million people can afford cars. In saner climes, shouldn't heads be rolling by now?
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by teemanbastos(m): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
d tin dy spoil my runz lyk mad... D probz na 4rm osogbo
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by PaulJohn1: 10:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
teemanbastos:

I was expecting comments like this. Anytime there is blackout in Ondo particularly, the next thing na "the problem is from Oshogbo". sad
I've heard this several times from many ignorant people.

The problem is from Kainji where the power came from, Oshogbo is only hosting the stepdown transmission. Oshogbo serves as breakdown and distribution point for power coming from Niger. If the power for there(kanji) is insufficient, nothing wey dey fit do to increase am from Oshogbo.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by teemanbastos(m): 11:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
PaulJohn1:

I was expecting comments like this. Anytime there is blackout in Ondo particularly, the next thing na "the problem is from Oshogbo". sad

The problem is from Kainji where the power came from, Oshogbo is only hosting the stepdown transmission. Oshogbo serves as breakdown and distribution point for power coming from Niger. If the power for there(kanji) is insufficient, nothing wey dey fit do to increase am from Oshogbo.
dere waz a fault wif d akure nd ekiti line @oshogbo..
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by coldsummer: 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
Heard lagos is worse!

Esp in Lekki.
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Topiipii(m): 11:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
PaulJohn1:

I heard the problem was from Osogbo as well, but only from people who said they heard it on the news. If it was from Kainji, there should be a partial black out and not total as we're currently experiencing since the generated output would only be reduced. Osogbo is the transmission control centre, so any fault on their lines will result in a total black out. The same problem occurred two years ago and a thread was created on nairaland then. The issue now is: what are they doing about it? Are they going to keep us in darkness for another fortnight?
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Bobbystanley(m): 1:49am On Nov 08, 2014
No the Problem is from GEJ.

Useless APC e-rats.
All these bush Yoruba people that left their villages and all of a sudden become Lagosians won't go home and fix their problems.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:22am On Nov 08, 2014
Bobbystanley:

Useless APC e-rats.
All these bush Yoruba people that left their villages and all of a sudden become Lagosians won't go home and fix their problems.
when they reach psychiatric section, dem go call u to comment. This wey u just jump inside matter with ur madness, I hope the pschiatric hospitals are not on strike?

10 Likes

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:47am On Nov 08, 2014
Bobbystanley:

Useless APC e-rats.
Iyalaya e ni o un ba soro, a won okobokobo wonyin ti go ju, awon olori palagi bi apoti ti won fi un we omo tuntun

4 Likes

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by OAUTemitayo: 4:52am On Nov 08, 2014
oloriburuku omo ale
Bobbystanley:

Useless APC e-rats.

2 Likes

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by MrMcJay(m): 4:55am On Nov 08, 2014
Bobbystanley:

Useless APC e-rats.

This poster is one of the reasons why I regret not supporting abortion. If his parents had done the needful and invested in N20 Gold Circle, we would have been spared this disease.

As for the Ondo and Ekiti peeps, don't worry, it is part of the transformation agenda of Mr President. From half current to full darkness.

Una never jam anything. Una rice don finish? U should have collected fuel for your generators too.

Awon stomach infrastructure.

5 Likes

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Rogers210(m): 5:07am On Nov 08, 2014
MrMcJay:

This poster is one of the reasons why I regret not supporting abortion. If his parents had done the needful and invested in N20 Gold Circle, we would have been spared this disease.

As for the Ondo and Ekiti peeps, don't worry, it is part of the transformation agenda of Mr President. From half current to full darkness.

Una never jam anything. Una rice don finish? U should have collected fuel for your generators too.

In fact, you were making a lot of kindergarten sense until I saw the latter part of your post. Just like you posited for the guy you quoted, I also think your conception should have been prevented by withdrawal method. #20 durex will be too much an expense for a never-do-well like you.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by focus7: 5:22am On Nov 08, 2014
Proof of Jonathan power improvement achievement..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by omenka(m): 5:23am On Nov 08, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
when they reach psychiatric section, dem go call u to comment. This wey u just jump inside matter with ur madness, I hope the pschiatric hospitals are not on strike?
gringrin
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 08, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
One word...wicked
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 08, 2014
kissToday is a great day,we will be selecting miss nairaland.who do you think the crown fits?

Don't think too much,no other person but Rozay

Vote Rozay tommorrow as miss nairaland 2014...God bless you as u do
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by MrMcJay(m): 5:54am On Nov 08, 2014
Rogers210:
In fact, you were making a lot of kindergarten sense until I saw the latter part of your post. Just like you posited for the guy you quoted, I also think your conception should have been prevented by withdrawal method. #20 durex will be too much an expense for a never-do-well like you.

Lolz. Ekiti Oniresi, na so e pain you reach?

Enjoy the fresh air and stop advertising your foolishness. Eat your rice and enjoy the darkness.

They baited u guys with rice as if you were rats, now you are complaining of darkness. Well, for your info, according to the Minister of Power, Electricity generation is at an all-time high. Unfortunately, you cant be part of it.

Jonathan till una get light.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:00am On Nov 08, 2014
MrMcJay:

Lolz. Ekiti Oniresi, na so e pain you reach?

Enjoy the fresh air and stop advertising your foolishness. Eat your rice and enjoy the darkness.
Ebi re ko ``isu eni ni un ti owo eni bepo`` ati wipe omo osan loun ko pounpo ba iya re, ti ki ba un se awon eniyan mi ti ko ni ikoraeninijanu grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by dridowu: 6:30am On Nov 08, 2014
If the 2 state are being controlled by APC, the story would have being "Those Governor can't fund it because they have both paid Tinubu their monthly due which makes the state broke"
since they want fresh air agenda, they should just open their window to receive the natural fresh air.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Topiipii(m): 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2014
MrMcJay:

You must have missed the part of my previous post where I said that the same issue occurred two years ago, at least there wasn't stomach infrastucture then.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Kayceo2010: 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
Enjoying excessive light in Enugu.. Seems like it's not possible but like magic, It's now 5pm. Since yesterday night. I guess preventing and stopping vandalism will really help Nigerians. Don't blame government. Report to the right officials . As I dey so, I have the number of EEDC official in charge of my side. And I tell you, they are really reliable.
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by rayblast(m): 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2014
teemanbastos:
Hmmm osogbo ke ?
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by rayblast(m): 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
Bobbystanley:

Useless APC e-rats.
my broda u see Wetin u don cause for urself?U no go insult yoruba person make dem tell u say wait make i go house go bring ur reply.As u dey bring am na so dem go give u back

2 Likes

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
@op, how do you know it's the whole state and not just your neighbourhood? And how did you know it's happening in both states? Are you in both of em simultaneously?

Well, you can always come down to the east, there's plenty of light to go round to everyone here...juts drop your village attitude on your way to the east,you are welcome in advance
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Topiipii(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2014
liberty300:
@op, how do you know it's the whole state and not just your neighbourhood? And how did you know it's happening in both states? Are you in both of em simultaneously?

Well, you can always come down to the east, there's plenty of light to go round to everyone here...juts drop your village attitude on your way to the east,you are welcome in advance
Well since you're referring to me, I feel I owe you a response. Are you always this uncouth and mannerless? Your post smacks of total ignorance and a complete lack of common sense. If you took time to read through the posts above you and yet still went ahead to post the rubbish that you did, then you must have a chronic comprehension issue. Just so you know, getting information about any place is a click or a phone number away.

P.S: I'm a pioneer student of C.D.S.S. Abakpa, Enugu State. The only state I've never been to in the east is Ebonyi. So, you can keep your useless attitude and lack of common sense to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Topiipii(m): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by blackfase(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
Bobbystanley:

Useless APC e-rats.

Mumu
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by blackfase(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
The matter worse for my side in lagos...Badagry precisely. Fresh air all the way!
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by Topiipii(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
Power finally restored after 11 days and some hours, yipee!
Re: Total Blackout In Ekiti And Ondo (9 Days And Counting) by aieromon(m): 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
Confirmed!

Power has finally been restored.

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Ogugua Urges Ekweremadu To Drop His Senatorial Ambition / Gen Buhari & Gen Norman Schwarzkopf: Notable Alumni Of US Army War College / Buhari And The Murder Of 11 NYSC Members (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.