Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data (5358 Views)

How Can I Format My Windows8 (655) Hp Laptop? / Windows8 Blank Screen After Log In [SOLVED] / Buying Of Laptop From Cotonou ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data by Olaryinkah: 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
Please my fellow guys I need your help. My windows8 laptop is comsuming too much data, I have disabled the windows update but its still consuming data heavily. please help me
Re: How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data by maxjax(m): 10:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
disable tiles updating
Re: How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data by Olaryinkah: 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
tell how to do that
Re: How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data by koseepaaro(m): 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
Open "Run" from that your Windows 8 computer and type this information "services.msc". Please, do not include the quotation mark when you are typing the information. From the dialog box that appear, look for both(1)Background Intelligent Transfer Services and (2) Windows Update and double click on them one after the other. Change their "Startup Type" from whatever you see there to "Disable". and click on "Apply", then, click on OK. Then, observe the way your Windows 8 consume MB as from now on. Good luck to you.
Re: How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data by Sibrah: 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Also the apps like wheather forecast app, skype, games . Press windows button and then right click on each of the app you want to close and choose the appropriate option to close them. I can't remember the exact words and names but what i described up here is the basic pattern to disable the apps
Re: How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data by Olaryinkah: 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
thaks very much guy,i really appreciated it
Re: How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data by prof800(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
Olaryinkah:
thaks very much guy,i really appreciated it
In addition to the posts above, you would want to turn off the "automatic update" of the anti-virus you are using. Just run the anti-virus and go to settings.
Norton, G-force and McAfee being dreaded culprits of sucking up ones data.
wink

(1) (Reply)

✈✳✅HP Probook 640 G3 2017 EDITION 8GB RAM / 500GB HDD / Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14inches 4gb ram, 320gb hdd, HDMI, Webcam Dvd-rom @45K / My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.