Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes (2912 Views)

Crazy Things People Do During Harmattan Season In Jos / 10 Most Annoying Behaviours On Planes / Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Eyop: 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
THERE should be a set of rules outlining social etiquette on planes considering you’re stuck in a cabin with hundreds of strangers 39,000 feet up in the air with nowhere to escape.

Some of us seem to have no concept of what’s right and wrong in a public space and it’s particularly noticeable up in the sky. Here are the most annoying things people do on planes (in no particular order).

(1) Clap when the plane lands
We’re not at the theatre.

(2) Laugh out loud in movies
Just because you have your headphones on doesn’t mean you shut out everyone around you, too. We can still hear you.

(3) Get up before the seatbelt sign is turned off after landing
The doors are still closed people, you’re not going anywhere fast. We’re all getting off at the same time.

(4) Think the floor of the plane is a bin
It’s not a dumping ground for your used cups and plastic wrappers, you wouldn’t do this at home.

(5) Come on to the plane sick
Some argue there should be a law about this. Planes are a breeding ground for germs.

(6) People who spend too much time in the toilet
There’s two cubicles for about 200 passengers, come on people speed it up.

(7) Bare feet
Seriously bare feet are wrong. This is just plain unhygienic.

(cool Strike up conversation
Small chat on planes should be banned.

(9) Overload the overhead luggage
Now there’s no room for the rest of your row to stow their bags which means they’re either going to have to be checked in or inconveniently moved to the back of the plane.

(10) Have the volume up on their headphones REALLY high
If we wanted to share your music we’d let you know.

(11) Drunk people
We’re looking at the bucks, hens and footy trips. Cheers to annoying every passenger on the plane.

(12) Loud chewing
It’s bad enough we have to eat our meal elbow to elbow so make sure you keep your mouth shut too.

(13) Wearing sunglasses
You’re not Bono, and the sun is definitely not shining in the cabin. There’s no need for smooth operators in the sky.

(14) People working on laptops with paper work everywhere
We call these people the space invaders.

(15) People who keep their seat reclined at meal time
Seriously, we don’t like eating with the back of your head in our face.

(16) Freaking out over turbulence
A bump every now and then is completely normal. You think that was bad, wait until you hit real turbulence.

(17) People who push to get off the plane
We’re just as sick as you are of being stuck on the plane but pushing into my back is not going to get you off any faster.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/most-annoying-things-people-do-on-planes/story-e6frfqfr-1227115925603

3 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Eyop: 11:20pm On Nov 07, 2014

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Beesluv: 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
cool
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Kenzico(m): 12:01am On Nov 08, 2014
Ok
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 08, 2014
I agree.

1. People who clap when the plane lands. Very common with Emirates(from Dubai to Nigeria) passengers who ofcourse are 99.9% Nigerians. It's annoying just shut up. Some people even start singing. Last time someone was singing the national anthem like WTF.

7. People who cannot wait to get off the plane. Yes I have to travel a total of 22 hours with 19 hours flight time and yes I cannot wait to get off the plane and catch me some fresh air but when people push into my back to get off the plane, I honestly feel like 'elbowing' them one.

3 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Lexusgs430: 12:12am On Nov 08, 2014
Heavy snorers nko?
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by henrychubayo: 10:41am On Nov 08, 2014
Hahahaha. Some of this points cracked me up. Seriously, its bad to clap when plane lands. Nigerians got that one 100%.

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by bumitek02(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
Na you sabi shebi na my money, I go do any how I like, its not any one biz

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by geraob1: 10:42am On Jan 12, 2015
U cant blame dem for clapping when the plane lands. how many flights in Nigeria are secure...

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by frank94(m): 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
henrychubayo:
Hahahaha. Some of this points cracked me up. Seriously, its bad to clap when plane lands. Nigerians got that one 100%.
bro I can't hold my self from cheesy,but I still ponder why the clapping immediately the plane touch ground?can some one please help me and answer this question?Nigerians are very funny set of people looool cheesy grin.
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by londoner: 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
OP, number 8 man......I can't stand it, and you can just leave.....lol

I don't know why flying on a plane makes people want to share their life story.
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by bobkezel(m): 9:54am On Jan 13, 2015
There is nothing wrong in chatting someone up. Though i was embarassed by this guy who started a chat up with me. He asked me where i was from, he didn't even wait for me to finish saying nigeria and he started shouting ''thief thief oga oga chinekeeee thief thief thief''. God, i bursted out laughing, and was confused at the same time.
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 13, 2015
Lol whats wrong with chatting with someone? You might make a new friend in the process
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by londoner: 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
Mondisweets:
Lol whats wrong with chatting with someone? You might make a new friend in the process

There are initial friendly chats, which is fine, but when you're on a plane for upwards of 6 hours and people want to tell you their life story, its inconsiderate imho.

Especially when I'm obviously trying to watch a movie or sleep. I just keep thinking "I paid hundreds of dollars for this ?"

When you have a long journey or plane ride, you plan what you are going to use that time for, and its certainly not to be someone's free shrink or life coach.....lol
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by frank94(m): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Im trying to understand henrychubayo on this, but why must Nigerians clap when the plane land is it because of oyibo magic or illitracy or first time to fly with plane cheesy I can't stop laughing when ever I see this post cheesy grin.
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by londoner: 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
frank94:
Im trying to understand henrychubayo on this, but why must Nigerians clap when the plane land is it because of oyibo magic or illitracy or first time to fly with plane cheesy I can't stop laughing when ever I see this post cheesy grin.

Its not just Nigerians though. People clap because they are nervous about landings, so they clap for the pilot, for doing a good job.
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
When we went to the UK last year, I put 12 years a slave for Mumsy. When Chinwetel finally hit the white man, Mumsy screamed 'Ehen!! Kugbuo ya! Anuman!! angry angry angry'
Meaning 'Ehen, beat him to death! Animal' grin grin
I couldn't help laughing out!!

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 14, 2015
londoner:

There are initial friendly chats, which is fine, but when you're on a plane for upwards of 6 hours and people want to tell you their life story, its inconsiderate imho.

Especially when I'm obviously trying to watch a movie or sleep. I just keep thinking "I paid hundreds of dollars for this ?"

When you have a long journey or plane ride, you plan what you are going to use that time for, and its certainly not to be someone's free shrink or life coach.....lol
I understand others take it to extremes but there would be nothing wrong if it remains small chat
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by dechandel(f): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
I dont blame Nigerians clapping when the flight touches down.
Nigeria airlines are flying coffins grin

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by dridowu: 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hmmmmm, i would have love to comment proper but i neva enta dat balloon b4. All my journey na ontop 9ja roads.
So no comment

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by frank94(m): 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
londoner:

Its not just Nigerians though. People clap because they are nervous about landings, so they clap for the pilot, for doing a good job.
then I must fly local flight to observe the claping cheesy,have not experience that on international flight.dechandel may be right, Nigerian flight are flying coffins and that's why you must clap for the pilot for safe landing grin cheesy.
Re: Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes by Aspireahead(m): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
dechandel:
I dont blame Nigerians clapping when the flight touches down.
Nigeria airlines are flying coffins grin
there has been more Airasia plane crashes this yearand the last than in the whole of Nigeria..btw..i have neva been on a plane.

(1) (Reply)

Jand Is For Uk,yankee Is For U.s And Whats For Canada? / G.U.O. Bad Motors... Dont Travel By GU Okeke / To Travel To London Now Very Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.