Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. (1797 Views)

7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships / NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. / Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by lola009: 3:29am On Nov 08, 2014
Hello guys, I have a complicated issue here and I hope I get suggestions or advice on it. On my birth certificate, I have the wrong birth month/date and this has been updated to my passport, university certificates and other important documents. I'm worried because I do celebrate my birthday on a different date and month while my certificate says something different. I know this sounds silly and there will be questions like how come and why wait till now? Right now, I'm really desperate to rectify this because I don't want this to affect me in future or cause any confusions. Please nairalanders, what do you suggest I do? I await your candid opinions. Thank you
Re: I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by kilokeys(m): 3:48am On Nov 08, 2014
celebrate ur main birthday in ur church mind..
(thank baba God for blessing u with plenty date of birth)
throw a party in ur office on ur fake bday.

rectifying at this point seems impossicant.
Re: I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by beau49: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2014
Go to court so you can be issued an affidavit after swearing that the new date is the real date but you would be required to pay a token amount.

OR

You go meet those who forge birth certs or any hospital if they can issue a new birth certificate for you showing the new date.

If I were you I would pick the first suggestion. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by lola009: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2014
Lol. Quite funny but thanks for the reply.
kilokeys:
celebrate ur main birthday in ur church mind..
(thank baba God for blessing u with plenty date of birth)
throw a party in ur office on ur fake bday.

rectifying at this point seems impossicant.
Re: I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by lola009: 10:58am On Nov 08, 2014
By your suggestion, does it mean I can't change to my old date?
beau49:
Go to court so you can be issued an affidavit after swearing that the new date is the real date but you would be required to pay a token amount.

OR

You go meet those who forge birth certs or any hospital if they can issue a new birth certificate for you showing the new date.

If I were you I would pick the first suggestion. Goodluck!
Re: I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by aemmy: 12:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
we're in d same shoe.... funnily, I av two birth certs for d two dates...I just knew dt I've been using a wrong date all dese years wen I saw my real birth cert...so I call d real one personal date and d one on my schl certs and social networks official date and m not planning to change it
Re: I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by lola009: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
[Aemmy I wish i could be brave as uou are not to be disturbed by the difference. Guess i will have to at some point if there is no way out
quote author=aemmy post=27829879]we're in d same shoe.... funnily, I av two birth certs for d two dates...I just knew dt I've been using a wrong date all dese years wen I saw my real birth cert...so I call d real one personal date and d one on my schl certs and social networks official date and m not planning to change it[/quote]
Re: I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by beau49: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
lola009:
By your suggestion, does it mean I can't change to my old date?

You can change it but it might cost you some amount of money. Just go to a court or hospital whichever you prefer.
Re: I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. by aemmy: 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
lola009:
I wish i could be brave as uou are not to be disturbed by the difference. Guess i will have to at some point if there is no way out

I don't think u're supposed to be worried abt it as long as u av a birth cert for d ones on ur documents

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2015/2016 POST-UTME Screening Execise Is On / List Of Best Universities In Nigeria / Nda Passing Out Parade Ceremonies 2015 Share This Tags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.