Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. (3036 Views)

World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy / How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by loopman: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
BlackTechnology:

You see why I said you don't understand Nigerian economy

The dollar you use to import, where do you think it comes from .? Oil dollar

Now our oil market has shrinked meaning less flow of new dollar notes.

In a time like this when we face serious challenges, it is wise we save all the dollars we can since we depend on foreign goods for survival including military goods for our defense.

Keep burying your head in the sand and pretending all is well.

Is Nigeria the only country suffering from this falling oil prices ? No!

Why is Nigeria acting like the least unprepared and hardest hit?

Simply bad Economics, both monetary and fiscal!
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by GuyFawkes: 1:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
Nigeria stock exchange heads into bear market territory - believe it or not Foreign investors exiting fast, driving index to -19% YTD

Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by pendy79: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
BlackTechnology:

You are the one who lacks proper understanding of Nigeria's economy

Until we diversify our export commodity trade, don't expect new inflow of dollar notes.

What happened to Ghana is what is happening to us.

Until we diversify our export commodity trade and ask establish electronics mechanical etc industries whose products we import, we should not weep when Buhari take over power and fail.

Separate economy from politics.

I will advice you quit quoting my mention please. Because I hate going back and forth with people who lacks the basic gift of using their brains.

You're talking about divertifying the economy, why didn't you tell your much loved PDP to do so for over 15years they have been in power? Did they try to diversify and the opposition stopped them?

From Obasanjo to Yar-Adua to JonaTAN, which one of them belongs to the opposition? Why do you people come online and just talk without using your medulla at all.

The Economic Management Team of Nigeria has always been under the direct supervision of the Vice President who relates with the President. Don't you think your opinion would have hold water if the opposition had blocked the PDP from diversifying the economy or if they had the power to implement it but didn't.

Fashola did same and the economy of lagos is better for it, he does not need the Federal Allocation to sustain the Government, because of the State policy on IGR which blueprints other APC state governors are implementing.

Stop quoting me if you lack the basic understanding of issues but accuse and insult others for the thing you lack comprehension about.

Ive avoided you because I know your thinking and utterances are inferior and lack commonsense.
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by BlackTechnology: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2014
loopman:

Keep burying your head in the sand and pretending all is well.

Is Nigeria the only country suffering from this falling oil prices ? No!

Why is Nigeria acting like the least unprepared and hardest hit?

Simply bad Economics, both monetary and fiscal!

When did Emiefele become the CBN governor and who was managing the CBN before now.

If we are to be sincere, we
should be questioning Sanusi now.

Checkout what Nku5 wrote above
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by BlackTechnology: 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
pendy79:

I will advice you quit quoting my mention please. Because I hate going back and forth with people who lacks the basic gift of using their brains.

You're talking about divertifying the economy, why didn't you tell your much loved PDP to do so for over 15years they have been in power? Did they try to diversify and the opposition stopped them?

From Obasanjo to Yar-Adua to JonaTAN, which one of them belongs to the opposition? Why do you people come online and just talk without using your medulla at all.

The Economic Management Team of Nigeria has always been under the direct supervision of the Vice President who relates with the President. Don't you think your opinion would have hold water if the opposition had blocked the PDP from diversifying the economy or if they had the power to implement it but didn't.

Fashola did same and the economy of lagos is better for it, he does not need the Federal Allocation to sustain the Government, because of the State policy on IGR which blueprints other APC state governors are implementing.

Stop quoting me if you lack the basic understanding of issues but accuse and insult others for the thing you lack comprehension about.

Ive avoided you because I know your thinking and utterances are inferior and lack commonsense.

They have being diversifying the economic since. Where you might fault them is in the area of not putting so much energy in diversifying our export commodity trade so that we can have a steady flow of dollar notes in times like this.

As for mentioning you, I will continue to give Nigerians a better alternative in economic management devoid of political sentiments

When its time to discuss politics let's discuss when its time to discuss economy let's discuss

Now lets face economy
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by pendy79: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
BlackTechnology:

They have being diversifying the economic since. Where you might fault them is in the area of not putting so much energy in diversifying our export commodity trade so that we can have a steady flow of dollar notes in times like this.

As for mentioning you, I will continue to give Nigerians a better alternative in economic management devoid of political sentiments

When its time to discuss politics let's discuss when its time to discuss economy let's discuss

Now lets face economy

Have you seen why I ignore your post as incoherent and watery. Check your previous posts, you said the problem was that the government didn't diversify that is why the economy is bad, I ask you why they didn't diversify since it has been same party ruling since 1999 without hindrance and total control of both legislative houses.

Now you have eaten your own vomit saying they have been diversifying since just that they didn't diversify into export of commodity goods, if I ask you why they didn't do so, you will say they did but they didn't diversify into portfolio investment. Stop exhibiting ignorance and defending a stupid irresponsible government because you think you ought to based on some stupid primordial interest.

The sooner people lke you realise that the PDP has no.clue on repositioning Nigeria for economic rejuvenation the better. I dont know if you benefit directly from this government but trust me personal benefit should not override national growth.
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by BlackTechnology: 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2014
pendy79:

Have you seen why I ignore your post as incoherent and watery. Check your previous posts, you said the problem was that the government didn't diversify that is why the economy is bad, I ask you why they didn't diversify since it has been same party ruling since 1999 without hindrance and total control of both legislative houses.

Now you have eaten your own vomit saying they have been diversifying since just that they didn't diversify into export of commodity goods, if I ask you why they didn't do so, you will say they did but they didn't diversify into portfolio investment. Stop exhibiting ignorance and defending a stupid irresponsible government because you think you ought to based on some stupid primordial interest.

The sooner people lke you realise that the PDP has no.clue on repositioning Nigeria for economic rejuvenation the better. I dont know if you benefit directly from this government but trust me personal benefit should not override national growth.

People like you are like those animals in animal farm that thought their master was the problem until they found themselves under a tyrannical rule of Napoleon the bad pig.

I maintain my stand that Buhari and APC are not the solution because this is a clearly economic problem that demands economic solution.

My friend stop deceiving yourself that Buhari and APC are the Messiah.

All Nigeria needs to do now is to

1) diversify and increase her export commodity trade to increase and maintain a steady flow of dollar notes.

2) encourage the establishment of electronics, mechanical etc industries that produce those things we import in order to reduce the flight of our few dollars.

I repeat

This is an economic problem that demands economic solution.

It has nothing to with politics.

As for avoiding my post, you will very much see my alternative views if there is any for people to see and compare it with yours to see who makes more economic sense.

Get ready to see alternative views and be well prepared to counter them

Mark my words

By the time we have presentend our several economic views , your mindset will change.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by Gorrbachev: 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
pendy79:

In as much as I will be lying if I say the oil pricing thing is only a peculiar problem with Nigeria. The truth about oil is that it is never stable and the only way to curb its volatility is to be careful, saving and be prudent in your economic management. We have now a scenario that we are caught unawares.

The minister of finance said that much that the economy is facing challenges 2weeks ago. It simply means the Nigerian Economy will be hit hard by the current oil price because Government was never prepared for it.

State Governors have been crying about deductions in their supposed monthly allocation since February this year and many states can't pay staff salaries at the moment.

Now our stock market is falling, don't you think our version of global economic meltdown is just happening when other countries are already over it.

Nigeria was caught unawares? for about 2-3 years now, almost every western country has been approving fracking. When Obama got fracking approved, it was all over the news that America will starting exporting oil when all the Alaskan oil fields start producing at full capacity.

Isis cheap oil is allover the market, Nigerian oil bunkers (Politicians and government workers) and other illegal oil dealers all over the world are also there.

Woe betide The Nigerian government and everyone involved in running it. It will never be well with them and generations unborn. Unpatriotic selfish bastards.

Oil price is not going to rise at least for the next decade or two until maybe push turns to shove with Putin.
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by pendy79: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
BlackTechnology:

People like you are like those animals in animal farm that thought their master was the problem until they found themselves under a tyrannical rule of Napoleon the bad pig.

I maintain my stand that Buhari and APC are not the solution because this is a clearly economic problem that demands economic solution.

My friend stop deceiving yourself that Buhari and APC are the Messiah.

All Nigeria needs to do now is to

1) diversify and increase her export commodity trade to increase and maintain a steady flow of dollar notes.

2) encourage the establishment of electronics, mechanical etc industries that produce those things we import in order to reduce the flight of our few dollars.

I repeat

This is an economic problem that demands economic solution.

It has nothing to with politics.

As for avoiding my post, you will very much see my alternative views if there is any for people to see and compare it with yours to see who makes more economic sense.

Get ready to see alternative views and be well prepared to counter them

Mark my words

By the time we have presentend our several economic views , your mindset will change.

It takes a stupid programmed and unintelligent slowpoke that calls others an animal to know he is not making any sense. Go through your contribution on this thread and juxtapose it with your incoherent and follow the bandwagon crowd post.

From your daft statement stating the government didn't diversify on page 1 to stating they were diversifying since on page 2 just that they didn't concentrate on commodity goods, who qualifies to be classified as an animal? Only an animal who has low IQ will say one thing and contradict himself in same thread.

You have your single vote, use it to vote for continuity of bad judgment and failed economic policies. Millions of responsible and wise nigerians have left you and those who reason like you behind.

If Buhari is being sworn in next year, go seek asylum in Togo, pity your land is landlocked I would have advised Gabon. If APC is not the solution then Nigerians should continue to return the PDP because your people wants it that way.

Vote your choice of candidate no one cares, democracy is a game of numbers let see if majority wants continuation of corruption and inept leadership that has failed after 15years of trying and trying.
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by pendy79: 7:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
Gorrbachev:

Nigeria was caught unawares? for about 2-3 years now, almost every western country has been approving fracking. When Obama got fracking approved, it was all over the news that America will starting exporting oil when all the Alaskan oil fields start producing at full capacity.

Isis cheap oil is allover the market, Nigerian oil bunkers (Politicians and government workers) and other illegal oil dealers all over the world are also there.

Woe betide The Nigerian government and everyone involved in running it. It will never be well with them and generations unborn. Unpatriotic selfish bastards.

Oil price is not going to rise at least for the next decade or two until maybe push turns to shove with Putin.

Caught unawares by the fact that the government never knew that the oil price was going to nosedive rapidly the way it did in the last month. They assume they can continue stealing and packing into their private account since all they need do is to pump more oil.

There is an oil glut in the market now and the Economic index and prospect for a quick fix is not there. They were never prepared for it which is the reason for the fear in the stock market. Investors are scared and wary and are quickly dropping their stocks Incase of further decline.
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
BlackTechnology:

So the solution is to vote out PDP

OK

What will APC do differently since oil supply has exceeded oil demand leading to a crash in price which has reduced the acquisition of new dollars

Pls state your answers step by step
Are you a robot or something?
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
pendy79:

It takes a stupid programmed and unintelligent slowpoke that calls others an animal to know he is not making any sense. Go through your contribution on this thread and juxtapose it with your incoherent and follow the bandwagon crowd post.

From your daft statement stating the government didn't diversify on page 1 to stating they were diversifying since on page 2 just that they didn't concentrate on commodity goods, who qualifies to be classified as an animal? Only an animal who has low IQ will say one thing and contradict himself in same thread.

You have your single vote, use it to vote for continuity of bad judgment and failed economic policies. Millions of responsible and wise nigerians have left you and those who reason like you behind.

If Buhari is being sworn in next year, go seek asylum in Togo, pity your land is landlocked I would have advised Gabon. If APC is not the solution then Nigerians should continue to return the PDP because your people wants it that way.

Vote your choice of candidate no one cares, democracy is a game of numbers let see if majority wants continuation of corruption and inept leadership that has failed after 15years of trying and trying.
Please stop answering him, you are giving him undue relevance.
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by BlackTechnology: 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
pendy79:

No problem

In 2015 election you guys will realise that a lot of registered voters in APC states are non-indigenes who are pro-PDP
Re: NSE In Biggest Single Day Loss In 5years!!nigeria's Economy In Bad Shape. by pendy79: 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
BlackTechnology:

No problem

In 2015 election you guys will realise that a lot of registered voters in APC states are non-indigenes who are pro-PDP

Yeah, registered voters in their millions who have not been able to produced a Ward Councillor. grin grin grin grin grin

I heard there are 8million registered Igbo Voters in Lagos, we are shivering already APGA and PDP will come take over our States.

All registered Voters in Imo, Rivers, Osun, Lagos, Kano, Sokoto, Nasarawa, Ogun states, etc are non-indigenes. I'm seriously catching cold

(1) (2) (Reply)

G. Agofure Motor Park / How To Manage Your Transport Busses. / CBN Redesigns Naira Notes, Introduces N5,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.