Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand (1445 Views)

Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker / 2015-Eligibility: Tension Over Jonathan's Fate As Supreme Court Decides In 48Hrs / Kogi Speaker In Fatal Accident, Driver Dies, Speaker Survives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by Titilayodeji13(m): 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/170789-tambuwal-my-fate-as-house-speaker-in-gods-hand.html

The embattled Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, on
Saturday said his fate as Speaker of
Nigeria’s second lawmaking chamber
is in the hands of God.
He also said his colleagues, who
elected him Speaker, rather than
anyone else, would determine whether
he should continue to lead them or
not.
Since defecting from the ruling
Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] to the
opposition All Progressives Congress
[APC] on October 28, the PDP and the
Nigeria police have been plotting to
oust him from his position as Speaker.
While the PDP plotted to reconvene
the House from its current
adjournment without Mr. Tambuwal’s
consent, the police withdrew his
security aides, saying since he
defected from the party on whose
platform he was elected into the lower
legislative chamber, he had ceased to
be Speaker.
On November 3, a Federal High Court
sitting in Abuja granted an injunction
stopping lawmakers of the PDP from
reconvening the House of
Representatives from recess.
Ruling on a case brought by APC
lawmakers in the House, who alleged
that PDP lawmakers were planning to
reconvene the House in defiance of its
leadership, Justice Ahmed Ramat
Muhammed ordered PDP legislators
not to take a decision to reconvene the
House at least until November 7 when
the case would be heard.
When the case came up for hearing on
November 7, the judge directed
parties in the case to maintain the
status quo until November 17, the next
hearing date.
The court gave the order as the
Federal Government, through the
Attorney General of the Federation
and Minister of Justice, Mohammed
Adoke, and the Inspector General of
Police, Suleiman Abba, pledged not to
do anything that would undermine the
Office of the Speaker.
But speaking to journalists on
Saturday, Mr. Tambuwal said he had
left the matter of his remaining in
office or otherwise in the hands of God
and his colleagues.
“My fate in the National Assembly is in
the hands of God and my members of
the House of Representative insha
Allah, “ the speaker told reporters
shortly after the North-West zonal
meeting of the APC on Saturday in
Kaduna.
He declined to answer further
questions including that which sought
to know his chances against other
aspirants in the APC vying for the
position of governor in his native
Sokoto State.
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by tinkinjow: 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
Ok. Pretenders
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by Berbakaz(m): 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2014
fact God knows everything
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by unuane1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
Why can't he just do the needful and resign.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by Chicheey: 5:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
Mr.speaker resign and retain the respect.
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by CharlesPhc: 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2014
Thou shall not use the name of thy God in vain....!!! When you play dirty politics you then bring the Name of God in to try to buy public sympathy. Hypocrites of the highest order...!!! The interpretation of the Constitution is what would say if you still deserve to be the Speaker after defecting or not. Moreover, the Court does not dictate to the NASS when to reconvene and what happens or does not happen in the house. There is separation of powers in the constitution so the judiciary should not be dragged into this dirty politics...!!! The leadership of the House has the sole right to reconvene at anytime depending on the urgency of the matter at hand as they did during the Yaradua health saga. As it stands constitutionally, the Nigerian House of Representative does not have a head so this calls for the immediate reconvening of the House and Mr. Tambuwal as a Lawyer knows this very well...!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by 9jii(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
I BELIEVED SPEAKER DECAMPING WAS BASED ON PEOPLE'S INTEREST. GOD WILL BE WITH HIM SURELY.
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by CharlesPhc: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
9jii:
I BELIEVED SPEAKER DECAMPING WAS BASED ON PEOPLE'S INTEREST. GOD WILL BE WITH HIM SURELY.

I beg your pardon, which people pls? Politicians are selfish and would only do what favor's their selfish ambitions...!!!

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by ccwizard: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
When it comes to sharing money, it is nt in GOD'S hand but when the witch hunting start u begin to remember GOD. Its funny hw dis political thieves reason.
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
This man is an ingrate he stole the Southwest Speakership slot through the so called Integrity group. He begged PDP and they forgave him. Now he has defected and still want to hold the mandate of the majority party in the house even as he has joined the minority.

The best thing for this man is to resign so as to save his face.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by baralatie(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
CharlesPhc:

I beg your pardon, which people pls? Politicians are selfish and would only do what favor's their selfish ambitions...!!!
don't mind the guy!
politicians!
a beg e! name today
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by Caseless: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
unuane1:
Why can't he just do the needful and resign.
pdp and their supporters must show who they are.
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by onatisi(m): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
One thing nigerian politicians are very good at when they are in trouble , is using the name of God to get sympathy support from nigerians . I wonder where they put the name of God when stealing,lying or doing bad things? This tambuwal knew what he was dabbling into when he defected,when making his defection speech he didn't use the name of God then.
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by 9jii(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2014
CharlesPhc:

If you're not from sokoto don't argue that
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by BENZINA(m): 8:53am On Nov 09, 2014
Tambuwal leave God out of this, your fate is in your hand since you refuse to learn from history.
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by CharlesPhc: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
9jii:

If you're not from sokoto don't argue that

I'm not from Sokoto State but have lived in Sokoto for a couple of years. In fact, I understand Northern Politics more than you do in case you are from there....!!!
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by 9jii(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
CharlesPhc:

I'm not from Sokoto State but have lived in Sokoto for a couple of years. In fact, I understand Northern Politics more than you do in case you are from there....!!!
?
Re: Tambuwal: My Fate As House Speaker In God’s Hand by Demdem(m): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
Tambuwal is on course. So far he is the most courageous speaker we have ever had since 1999.
For him to have lasted this long suggests the kind of supports he is getting from his colleagues.
Speakership of the house isn't determined either in aso villa or wadata plaza or police command post. When will these fools who occupy both ever get sense? Instead it's determined by members of the house itself where tambuwal still wield enormous powers.
Jonathan and his cohorts can shove their security down their throat, it doesn't change the fact that Tambuwal remains speaker. That is all that matters for now.
NEXT.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola's Speech @ APC Convention - We Gather To Vote To Make A Choice! / Boko Haram Survivor From Gwoza Speaks Of Brutal Captivity *pics* / Africa, The Dark Continent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.