Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower (1367 Views)

Respectfully Warning Nigerian President Jonathan -Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by paulGrundy(m): 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2014
Awake! 1984 February 22 pp.24-7

They Resisted Rapists
GENERALLY rapists try to get a woman in some isolated place where people are not around. At times they have a weapon and threaten to use it if the victim does not cooperate. Should a Christian quietly submit?

No, the situation is not the same as when a man simply is asking for money or other material possessions. A woman wisely would give him these.But the rapist is asking a person to break God's law by committing fornication. Under such circumstances a Christian is obligated to resist. -1 Corinthians 6:18.

'But could not resistance be dangerous?' someone may ask. Yes, it could be. Yet it may well be more dangerous not to resist, as a teacher of rape self-defense notes: "He just may kill you when he's done so you can't identify him later." grin grin grin

The comments of a leading spokeswoman on rape are noteworthy. She said: "Despite the popular myths of male violence and the alleged safety in submission, it has never been demonstrated that resistance on the part of a rape victim in an attempt to escape 'provokes' an assailant to commit an act of murder." The following experience illustrates this.

Two young women were in a Laundromat when a man came in and at gunpoint herded them into a room in the rear of the building. He ordered them to UnCloth. They refused, praying aloud to Jehovah God for help. Finally, they told the now-confused gunman that they were Jehovah's Witnesses and that it was against their religious belief to do what he was demanding; they would not do it even if he shot them. Result? The frustrated gunman fled.

[size=18pt]Treat Him Respectfully

The intended victim should remember that the rapist is a human. No doubt there are circumstances in his life that have precipitated his behavior. So although a woman should not cower in fear and permit a rapist to intimidate her, at the same time she should treat him understandingly, as a fellow human[/size]
. shocked shocked shocked A woman who lived in a housing project in New York City writes:

"I usually am careful when going into elevators. As usual, I checked this one out before entering, and all was OK. However, just before the door closed completely, a big man grabbed the door and opened it to come into the elevator with me. As he entered he threw a six-pack of beer at me, and I caught it. It took me by surprise.

"As the door closed he turned his back to me to do something with his pants. Then he turned around and faced me. I didn't look down at his pants but looked him in the eyes. I threw his six-pack of beer back to him, and said, 'Here is your beer.'

"At this moment, before he could do anything, I started to talk. I said I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses and was going up to the 13th floor to have a Bible study with a family who was waiting for me. I just kept talking and told him about our Bible educational work. We were half way up to the 13th floor by now, and as I kept right on talking I showed no fear, looking him straight in the eyes. Then a funny thing happened. He began to say that he loved the Bible and that he was from the South and his family loved God too.

"Meanwhile, we had reached the 13th floor, and he opened the door to let me out. He asked me if I would do him the honor of shaking his hand. I did, and he practically shook it off. Then he said he wanted to thank me because I was the first white woman that hadn't looked at him with scorn in her eyes, and that I was sincere in talking with him. He then said good-bye and wished me good luck on my Bible study."

Resisting in One's Home

Rapes that occur in one's own home can be particularly traumatic, since the surroundings are a constant reminder of the event. How much better, therefore, for one to resist! A mother who was able to avoid being raped in her home in Detroit, Michigan, tells how she did it.

"It was 5:30 a.m. when I was awakened by the sound of footsteps. At first I was unsure from which direction they were coming. I looked at my watch and saw that it was too early for my oldest daughter to be getting ready for school. My husband is a traveling musician and was away. I had been asleep downstairs. Since I knew no one was upstairs, I decided the sounds were coming from the front porch. So I turned on the porch light. Immediately I heard footsteps run down the stairs, and when I turned, there stood a strange man.

"Because the man had his hand inside his coat, as if he had a gun, I said, 'If you are going to kill me, do it.' He said he had a gun and would shoot me if I did not do everything he commanded. He told me to turn off all the lights and sit on the couch. I turned off the lights but refused to sit on the couch. He said he would kill me if I did not let him rape me. Then he started pushing me to the couch, so I quoted Matthew 16:26, which says: 'For what benefit will it be to a man if he gains the whole world but forfeits his soul? or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?'

"The man stopped pushing me and asked what the scripture meant. So I explained that if I resisted him and remained faithful to my God and my husband, and was killed for this faithfulness, I would have a hope of being resurrected to a Paradise earth and everlasting life. But if I gave in and he raped me, I would eventually die and have no hope of a resurrection.

"The intruder knew he was not going to talk me into letting him rape me, so he started pulling at my clothing. I remembered the scripture at Deuteronomy chapter 22 that says if you are attacked in the city and do not scream it is considered the same as consenting. I then said very loudly, 'Stop! Please! No! Don't do that! Mister, please leave my house!'

Awake! 1984 June 8 p.28 From Our Readers
I was deeply disturbed by the article "They Resisted Rapists." I am very upset that anyone would even consider a victim of rape guilty of fornication. The scripture at Deuteronomy that you quote only requires that the woman scream, not fight to the death! C. W., Indiana
[ ]
Your article "They Resisted Rapists" disturbed me very much. I was raped by a man who attacked me with a knife. I could only scream once because of being choked and having a large hand pressed against my mouth. I fought until I was unconscious. Because I survived, it disturbs me that it is fornication on my part. You say to show a rapist respect. These men show no respect for their victim. They don't care that they are shattering a woman, leaving in her memory horror for the rest of her life. Unless you have personally experienced the horror of this crime, you can never truly understand. A. G., Massachusetts

For the victim to be considered guilty of fornication there would need to be proof of willing consent. Apparently the requirement of Deuteronomy 22:25-27 for the woman to resist by screaming would clear her from any suspicion of such consent on her part.

Quotes can be verified at:

Wol.jw.org
Jw.org
Watchtower library CD rom

Tags:
JMAN05
CANTICLES
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by seunlayi(m): 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
wherever you go, wherever you be, do not say yes when you need to say no. I rest my case
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by Gombs(m): 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2014
Paul, enough already!

Please
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by briantext(m): 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
Did they site a nigerian example there?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by paulGrundy(m): 11:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
Gombs:
Paul, enough already!

Please

Lol ok I have heard, just that someone rubbed my fur the wrong way in this section,One JMAN05. It made me more intent on exposing more truths about the truth. If not for you I would have opened 12 threads today.
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by Chiscomax(m): 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
If this one touch front page naim bsay ah don hammer.. Second to comment grin
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by Matttthew(m): 1:07am On Nov 09, 2014
Huh.....Oro Nla! angry
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by bigjuniornaija(m): 1:42am On Nov 09, 2014
Want to make ur BBM DP sing a song?
»Want to wish a special one HBD with ur bbm dp?
»Want to Dpilize ur Quotes?
»Want to Advertize ur Company, product and services on ur BBm Dp?
»Then look no where else, as Santa Studio is
Here to customize ur Dps to ur
Taste......

Call/whatsapp us today 08034338879
BB pin: 26387991 and 2864F5AB
Or tweet us @micsantablog
@bigjupload

Is so affordable.....
Santa Studio...Creative Mind!!!
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by Nutase: 6:51am On Nov 09, 2014
sleepy
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by paulGrundy(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by BERNIMOORE: 3:09am On Nov 11, 2014
R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower(1988061) by paulGrundy(m): 11:21pm On Nov 08

evidence of mispelling words before yooguyz change it
Re: R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower by paulGrundy(m): 1:50pm On May 05, 2020
mm

(1) (Reply)

What Is Prayer? / Photo: Please Christians In Iraq Needs Prayers (viewers Discretion) / Roza Mubarak 2015 Whatsapp Status & FB Status Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.