Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science (11055 Views)

Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / My NIAS (Nigeria Institute Of Animal Science) Exam Comes Up This Saturday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by pamcode(m): 11:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
Gud evening everyone pls can i get a piece of information from someone.I am going for animal science and i would like to know the jo opportunities for it thanks
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by yemiisaac: 12:20am On Nov 09, 2014
Been thinking abt asking same question..sincere answers. Wld b appreciated..thanks
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by jcflex(m): 12:32am On Nov 09, 2014
y dnt u guys jst visit Aso rock and ask the Zoologist occupant from otuoke, he is in best positio to answer dis.
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by Pappyshoes(m): 6:43am On Nov 09, 2014
jcflex:
y dnt u guys jst visit Aso rock and ask the Zoologist occupant from otuoke, he is in best positio to answer dis.
Guy, Zoology is not Animal Science, don't get it mixed up. Animal science is more about livestock animals, chicken, turkeys, quails, broilers, even fish etc. With Animal science, you can formulate or produce Feed for different categories of birds, this means you can be employed by livestock feed producing companies like Animal Care, Top feed, Hybrid feed, Ace feed, OFN. etc. But, you must be good at your field in order to survive the interview. More to come....
Also, check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1856559/what-comes-mind-when-friend
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by jcflex(m): 8:43am On Nov 09, 2014
Pappyshoes:

Guy, Zoology is not Animal Science, don't get it mixed up. Animal science is more about livestock animals, chicken, turkeys, quails, broilers, even fish etc. With Animal science, you can formulate or produce Feed for different categories of birds, this means you can be employed by livestock feed producing companies like Animal Care, Top feed, Hybrid feed, Ace feed, OFN. etc. But, you must be good at your field in order to survive the interview. More to come....
Also, check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1856559/what-comes-mind-when-friend

whaooooooo, tell me more, y is ur own animal science limited to livestock, so dos lion, tiger, monkey at d zoo are nt animal,

pls tell me abt zoology too nw.

u better gi meet d zoology for villa,for quick answer
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by Pappyshoes(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2014
jcflex:

whaooooooo, tell me more, y is ur own animal science limited to livestock, so dos lion, tiger, monkey at d zoo are nt animal,

pls tell me abt zoology too nw.

u better gi meet d zoology for villa,for quick answer
I relate with growth and knowledge seekers, those who care to be shown the light, the zealous and serious types. Sorry, I don't have your time.

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by Pappyshoes(m): 11:03am On Nov 09, 2014
Animal Science will also expose you to knowledge of poultry management, how to manage your stock for effective egg production, what to give per time and per stage, the vaccinations to give at particular age, when to vaccinate, when to cage and when to cull.
If you are versatile in all these areas, you can get a very good job from various egg producing poultry farms. A lot of people are failing in poultry business today 'cos their staff do not have meaningful knowledge about poultry management. You can also own your farm and become the CEO.
More to come, it's quite more than poultry.....
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by pamcode(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
thanks pappyshoes the course is a good one

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by yemiisaac: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Jst got admitted in unaab to study animal nutrition
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by haftob(m): 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
How can u be studying an agric course and still be asking for job opportunities? For God's sake, u guys are entrepreneurs and u create jobs and nt ppl creating job for u. So many opportunities abound in the agric sector so think and explore and exploit dos opportunities. So u cant tell me u study an agricultural course and u're looking for a job, it means u're nt making use of ur brain,u're nt thinking enough. Tho I'm a petroleum and gas engineering student, but honestly I envy students studying agricultural courses cos if u can think well, dos courses are hot cake. Sometyms I even wished I had put in for a very nice agric course but it's neva too late sha, I'm going for one in my masters In Sha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by TheUnbeatable(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
@Op:
all courses are good depending on who is taking it and what is the person's vision. animal science involves animal husbandry(small ruminant, large ruminant, pseudo/micro ruminant), animal health, animal production as a business, animal breeding and genetics, animal nutrition and pasture management. if you want to be an entrepreneur, this will be a good foundation for you but don't limit yourself to all these. if you are a student of this course, please don't mind majority of the sweet rubbish that your lecturers may be teaching you. its a different ball game when you are out of school. and if you want to practise like me, having the heart of a lion is good but you need the guts of honey badger to survive in a ''world of carnivores'' like Nigeria.

all will be well if you want,

The Unbeatable.

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by Pappyshoes(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
pamcode:
thanks pappyshoes the course is a good one
You are welcome, bro.
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by inno10: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
pamcode:
Gud evening everyone pls can i get a piece of information from someone.I am going for animal science and i would like to know the jo opportunities for it thanks

I am an Animal Scientist. Graduate of OAU. There are alot of opportunities in Animal Sciences. When u get to 500L u will take a course relating to career prospects in Animal Sciences. Let me give u few examples::
You can be an Academic (Teacher or Lecturer)
You can own your Farm
You can be a distributor of produces
you can be producers of Just early age animals like fingerlings, day old birds...
You can work in the ministry of Agriculture
You can be a supplier.
many many more prospects.
And u will be making it. You can start small even while in school. You can start from selling crates of eggs or raising broilers for 4 wks.
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by pamcode(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
inno10:

I am an Animal Scientist. Graduate of OAU. There are alot of opportunities in Animal Sciences. When u get to 500L u will take a course relating to career prospects in Animal Sciences. Let me give u few examples::
You can own your Farm
you can be producers of Just early age animals like fingerlings, day old birds...
You can be a supplier.
And u will be making it. You can start small even while in school. You can start from selling crates of eggs or raising broilers for 4 wks.
500l ke i thought it a 4yrs course
Re: Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science by farouk0403(m): 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
inno10:

You can own your Farm
You can be a supplier.

Good day sir, are now self employed or you are working in a company? Sorry for the silly question I asked you because I want to learn from you I am also an undergraduate in the field of agric, I will be very happy if you will reply me sir

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Broilers Keep Dying / Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy / Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.