Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents (2836 Views)

Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Explosions Kill Worshippers In Borno Mosques / Soldiers Shoot Worshippers In Kaduna , Kill Six (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by Talkcentral: 11:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-uN-gKB6y2lc/U30sxmeRndI/AAAAAAAC60I/-wjxlW2ABWQ/s1600/soldiers.jpg[/img]

A new report on PUNCH, claims that Nigerian soldiers have reportedly killed 16 men in the country’s northeast just hours after they were arrested leaving a mosque, according to nurses at a hospital that received the bodies.
The soldiers rounded up 17 people, including a Muslim religious leader, as they left morning prayers at a mosque on Wednesday from the Dogo Tebo area of Potiskum in Yobe state.

Residents and hospital staff said the bodies of 16 men were found dead with bullet wounds.

“All the bodies have gunshot wounds on them,” a nurse who pleads anonymity said.
Residents said the Muslim religious leader was not among the dead, and said they were “worried about what they could do to him”.
Community leaders believe the 16 men were picked up and killed because all of them were from the Kanuri ethnic group that forms the bulk of Boko Haram’s membership.

“We demand a probe into this unjustifiable murder,” said one community leader, adding “our fear is we don’t know what they will do next”.
Concerns have also been expressed about atrocities perpetrated by vigilantes, who have assisted the military against Boko Haram.
On Friday vigilantes in the Borno town of Biu said they and troops had decapitated 41 Boko Haram fighters who were planning a raid in the village of Sabon Gari, in the south of the state.

Two residents said the heads were put on spikes and paraded through the town.
“It was like hunters displaying their game after a hunting expedition,” Silas Buba, a resident, said.
Human Rights Watch, the US-based rights monitor, said the alleged beheadings were consistent with the vigilantes’ recent conduct.
You might also like:

>>>http://www..com.ng/soldiers-kill-16-worshippers-in-yobe/
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by busky101(m): 11:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
Booked
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 09, 2014
There must be a reason that's all I can say and may God purnish that mouth that says he demand a probe into their killing. That's how they support boko haram and turn around to blame FG. 1diots angry

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by moneybag100: 12:34am On Nov 09, 2014
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by NwaNimo1(m): 12:39am On Nov 09, 2014
Boko/APC i aciton . . .
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by naijaking1: 1:00am On Nov 09, 2014
Talkcentral:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-uN-gKB6y2lc/U30sxmeRndI/AAAAAAAC60I/-wjxlW2ABWQ/s1600/soldiers.jpg[/img]

A new report on PUNCH, claims that Nigerian soldiers have reportedly killed 16 men in the country’s northeast just hours after they were arrested leaving a mosque, according to nurses at a hospital that received the bodies.
The soldiers rounded up 17 people, including a Muslim religious leader, as they left morning prayers at a mosque on Wednesday from the Dogo Tebo area of Potiskum in Yobe state.

Residents and hospital staff said the bodies of 16 men were found dead with bullet wounds.

“All the bodies have gunshot wounds on them,” a nurse who pleads anonymity said.
Residents said the Muslim religious leader was not among the dead, and said they were “worried about what they could do to him”.
Community leaders believe the 16 men were picked up and killed because all of them were from the Kanuri ethnic group that forms the bulk of Boko Haram’s membership.

“We demand a probe into this unjustifiable murder,” said one community leader, adding “our fear is we don’t know what they will do next”.
Concerns have also been expressed about atrocities perpetrated by vigilantes, who have assisted the military against Boko Haram.
On Friday vigilantes in the Borno town of Biu said they and troops had decapitated 41 Boko Haram fighters who were planning a raid in the village of Sabon Gari, in the south of the state.

Two residents said the heads were put on spikes and paraded through the town.
“It was like hunters displaying their game after a hunting expedition,” Silas Buba, a resident, said.
Human Rights Watch, the US-based rights monitor, said the alleged beheadings were consistent with the vigilantes’ recent conduct.
You might also like:

>>>http://www..com.ng/soldiers-kill-16-worshippers-in-yobe/

Writer, it shall not be well with you and your Boko Haram brothers.
As the publicity arm arm of BH, it is not a surprise that you will rather talk about unproven allegations against the Nigerian army instead of talking about atrocities committed by BH in Mubi a few days ago.
Oh, you don't want us to focus on BK atrocities? Is that why you should dig up this unbalanced propaganda
BK shoots women, children, and old people in church---you say n othing.
BK kidnaps school kids--it's ok by you
BK changes Mubi to an Islamic name,----you pop a champagne
BK blows up a bank--you hope they got enough money
BK shoots at market women and steal their stuff items---you ignore that
BK proclaims to islamize Nigeria---you can't wait?
BK rapes and forcefully convert small christian girls--you get a hard on

Shame on you and your sponsors, ISIS will never thrive in Nigeria

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 09, 2014
naijaking1:

As the publicity arm arm of BH, it is not a surprise that you will rather talk about unproven allegations against the Nigerian army instead of talking about atrocities committed by BH in Mubi a few days ago.
Oh, you don't want us to focus on BK atrocities? Is that why you should dig up this unbalanced propaganda

This continued illegitimate marriage of Northern and Southern protectorates is like forcing a cat and mouse to live under the same roof. A typical Northerner is directly or indirectly supporting boko boys, the westerners' hatred for easterners is unrepentant while the easterners' feeling of being marginalised can never go away. With all these in mind, why the continued marriage

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by menix(m): 3:06am On Nov 09, 2014
Since I no sabii weda na true, mk I jst buy dis plot pendin wen d price increase mk I sell of..
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by lonelydora: 4:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Una don come again. When our gallant men kill Boko boys na problem, if they run away na problem too. Which way Nigerians?
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by ikweremilitant: 6:29am On Nov 09, 2014
naijaking1:

please tell the terrorist!
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by naijaking1: 6:30am On Nov 09, 2014
This is the most disgusting BH article on the same day they took over Mubi. A real journalist would have tried to tell us what the terrorists were doing to a peaceful Nigerian town.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by asandigbo(f): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2014
lipsrsealed Am sorry Nigerians but I think d earlier d better. I believe its to your tent oh Israel'. my people ndi Igbo, pls come home. come and defend your land, if it is like this in 2014,imagine how 2015 will be? this crisis will escalate by 2015 for sure. if they being it down east, we will take it up north. asadike ekwu go kwa nke ya.
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by condralbede(m): 7:51am On Nov 09, 2014
@op from all indications I will categorically put it that u r one of the BH sympathizers, no matter how you u twist ur claim.....quit from that.its not good for this country and ur northern people in general.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by major466(m): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2014
It's interesting how some people will be quick to accuse our gallant soldiers for atrocities that may not be true but same individuals will give a blind eye to the unspeakable crimes committed by the demons in human form, crimes against humanity. Boko Haram enjoy a lot of local support in the north east. Unless everyone Bornu, Yobe and Adamawa states citizens come clean and give total support to the troops to flush out the demons, Bokoharam will continue it's reign of terror.
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by dat9jaguy(m): 8:47am On Nov 09, 2014
naijaking1:

You don't create a monster to defeat another monster.If per adventure the monster you created defeats the other monster then how do you destroy the monster you created
before it turns on you?The solution rests in cutting off their finances,track and arrest the sponsors,create blockade in territories they now hold,sit back and let them exhaust
their supplies.When things get critical for them they will either surrender or come out for full frontal battle,of which Nigeria Army is more suited for.
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by texazzpete(m): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2014
I love how people here are perfectly happy to see innocent people being slaughtered.

It is VERY important that these allegations don't get swept under the carpet. This isn't the first time the Army has been accused of illegal killings.

It's a pity there are thrice-accursed m0r0ns attacking the Op for making this post. The army just released 180+ innocent people they've illegally imprisoned for more than 2 years and yet someone with a university degree is still stubbornly insistent that the army can do no wrong?

I despise Boko Haram. I wish every single Boko fighter dies a slow and painful death. But we must not create a monster to fight another monster. I do not unquestionably believe the assertion in the Op, but it should be investigated.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by pendy79: 9:03am On Nov 09, 2014
So because they are Kanuri and from the North East, they deserve to be killed and slaughtered because they were unfortunate to be born in a location they had no choice to select.

On the FrontPage we read about 42 innocent people released by the military suspected to be BH members but were not, again we read about another 125 innocent men held up over charges they know nothing about.

In they are killed in battle then the killing Is deserved, if they were killed because the military got information that they were plotting to go kill or do havoc, the killing is justified but if they were killed simply because they were kanuris then it is beyond human comprehension for anyone with blood flowing through them.to justify.or celebrate this kind of news.

The igbos cried and are crying that the act of 1967-1970 could be term genocide but are here in large numbers justify and celebrating the death of maybe innocent.souls.

God rest their souls if they are innocent but.condemn them to eternal fire if truly they belong.to.the sect of senseless murderers killing innocents people all over the north.

America should have nuked the whole Afghanistan then.since in all comments I've read here all Afghanis are terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 09, 2014
texazzpete:
I love how people here are perfectly happy to see innocent people being slaughtered.

It is VERY important that these allegations don't get swept under the carpet. This isn't the first time the Army has been accused of illegal killings.

It's a pity there are thrice-accursed m0r0ns attacking the Op for making this post. The army just released 180+ innocent people they've illegally imprisoned for more than 2 years and yet someone with a university degree is still stubbornly insistent that the army can do no wrong?

I despise Boko Haram. I wish every single Boko fighter dies a slow and painful death. But we must not create a monster to fight another monster. I do not unquestionably believe the assertion in the Op, but it should be investigated.
I know you are refering to me and probably others that saw the same reasons with me. I don't just have a university degree, I have MBA and I'm currently undergoing a PhD programme but education is nothing without common sense. Of all the over one million mosques in the north, soldiers decided to go on rampage in a particular one. There is no smoke without fire Mr. Man. Killing is bad but since boko boys want to monopolise it, there is need for tit for tat. Most mosques are breeding zones for t#errorists, this fact is indisputable undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by texazzpete(m): 9:21am On Nov 09, 2014
IdiAmin1:
I know you are refering to me and probably others that saw the same reasons with me. I don't just have a university degree, I have MBA and I'm currently undergoing a PhD programme but education is nothing without common sense. Of all the over one million mosques in the north, soldiers decided to go on rampage in a particular one. There is no smoke without fire Mr. Man. Killing is bad but since boko boys want to monopolise it, there is need for tit for tat. Most mosques are breeding zones for t#errorists, this fact is indisputable undecided

Then your 'Common sense' is sadly lacking.
The 'no smoke without fire' argument is absolutely ridiculously inane. I can't believe you're going with that... For f**k sake, the Army just released nearly 200 innocent people that had been in detention for years. So according to you, they are still not innocent because 'there is no smoke without fire'?

People like you were jumping to the same conclusion about the ALUU 4 until it came out that they were truly innocent.

IMHO, all I see in this thread are people who are shameless bigots. People who seem pleased at the travails of their fellow Nigerians because they are from the North. I never saw any of you supporting the butchering of Niger Deltans during the MEND insurrection.
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by texazzpete(m): 9:24am On Nov 09, 2014
IdiAmin1:
Killing is bad but since boko boys want to monopolise it, there is need for tit for tat. Most mosques are breeding zones for t#errorists, this fact is indisputable undecided

So someone currently studying for a PhD is telling us that he's perfectly happy with Muslims being gunned down after Friday prayers in a mosque because 'killing is not a monopoly' and 'mosques are breeding grounds for terrorists'.

LOL.
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 09, 2014
texazzpete:

Then your 'Common sense' is sadly lacking.
The 'no smoke without fire' argument is absolutely ridiculously inane. I can't believe you're going with that... For f**k sake, the Army just released nearly 200 innocent people that had been in detention for years. So according to you, they are still not innocent because 'there is no smoke without fire'?

People like you were jumping to the same conclusion about the ALUU 4 until it came out that they were truly innocent.

IMHO, all I see in this thread are people who are shameless bigots. People who seem pleased at the travails of their fellow Nigerians because they are from the North. I never saw any of you supporting the butchering of Niger Deltans during the MEND insurrection.
Hey bro, MEND were not as ruthless as BH. I guess if any of your relatives' head has been cut off and shown on youtube, your choice of words would be different. I abhor killing in all ramifications but the truth of Northern leaders and Northerners being the source of their travails today can never be jettisoned undecided
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by texazzpete(m): 9:41am On Nov 09, 2014
IdiAmin1:
Hey bro, MEND were not as ruthless as BH. I guess if any of your relatives' head has been cut off and shown on youtube, your choice of words would be different. I abhor killing in all ramifications but the truth of Northern leaders and Northerners being the source of their travails today can never be jettisoned undecided

My choice of words may be different, but they would still be WRONG if I was doing what you're doing and cheering on the killing of innocents.

Put your degrees and years of education to work and stop hiding behind scare mongering. Boko Haram cannot have more than 15000 fighters. Let's make that up to 40000 to account for Collaborators. There are more than 40 million able bodied youths in the North. That means way less than 1% are likely directly involved in this insurrection. And for that 1%, here you are insisting that the 'Northerners' are responsible and deserve their fate.

Just so we're clear, your tally of those that can be safely slaughtered or punished without drawing a tear from you includes women and children, right?
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by texazzpete(m): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2014
IdiAmin1:
Hey bro, MEND were not as ruthless as BH. I guess if any of your relatives' head has been cut off and shown on youtube, your choice of words would be different.

Funny enough, this is exactly what happened at Odi. I suppose you happily support the subsequent massacre of elderly people, women and youths there?

Fits right into your 'no smoke without fire' theory, eh?
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 09, 2014
texazzpete:

My choice of words may be different, but they would still be WRONG if I was doing what you're doing and cheering on the killing of innocents.

Put your degrees and years of education to work and stop hiding behind scare mongering. Boko Haram cannot have more than 15000 fighters. Let's make that up to 40000 to account for Collaborators. There are more than 40 million able bodied youths in the North. That means way less than 1% are likely directly involved in this insurrection. And for that 1%, here you are insisting that the 'Northerners' are responsible and deserve their fate.

Just so we're clear, your tally of those that can be safely slaughtered or punished without drawing a tear from you includes women and children, right?
Bro, I agree with you. We have over 80million Muslims in the country with about 1% being extremists and the rest, law abiding citizens. But believe me, it has taken only about 15000 of BH boys (your estimation)to bring Nigeria to its knees whereas the teaming "peaceful" ones have so far been irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by omarlee(m): 10:20am On Nov 09, 2014
It is a pity to hear some people talk in support of impunity and violations metted out to their fellow citizens just because they came from different religious, regional, or ethnic background. Just remember it was one Udi community, then Zaki Biam, then the northeast, tomorrow it might be your community!
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by Chongaiman: 10:21am On Nov 09, 2014
In the same vein, the Nazis made up less than 1% of the German population.
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by ofala(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2014
God bless you, my brother.....

naijaking1:

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by texazzpete(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2014
ofala:
God bless you, my brother.....

Never fails to amuse me how people can rope God into a discussion to validate a diabolical argument.

Please leave God out of this. He would be dismayed at your bigoted support for the possible murder of innocents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by ofala(m): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
People like me would easily have said we aint concerned but NO! we are very much disturbed in what happens in the NorthEast at the moment but have we tried to verify WHY the Military took such action( if its true!)?

I will NEVER join issues with unnecessarily angry fellas like you but hear this: the sooner we shred sentiments and take the fight to the roots if this present terrorism presently taking place in some Northern parts of our dear Country, the better for everybody.

***by the way, I have noticed you, so what next next?***
Have a blessed weekend

texazzpete:

Never fails to amuse me how people can rope God into a discussion to validate a diabolical argument.

Please leave God out of this. He would be dismayed at your bigoted support for the possible murder of innocents.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by texazzpete(m): 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
ofala:

People like me would easily have said we aint concerned but NO! we are very much disturbed in what happens in the NorthEast at the moment but have we tried to verify WHY the Military took such action( if its true!)?

I will NEVER join issues with unnecessarily angry fellas like you but hear this: the sooner we shred sentiments and take the fight to the roots if this present terrorism presently taking place in some Northern parts of our dear Country, the better for everybody.

***by the way, I have noticed you, so what next next?***
Have a blessed weekend

You will 'never join issues with unnecessarily angry fellas' but you will explicitly support viewpoints that glorify in the slaughter of innocents? Noted.
Thanks for 'noticing' me. I too have 'noticed' you, if only to mentally lump you with the rest of the bigoted m0r0ns on Nairaland.

Please remember your Christian charity and also extend your 'blessings' to the people in the North who are suffering this Boko Haram crisis much more than you are. Thanks.

PS: I'm sure the god you claim to serve is happy with you categorizing concern for possible extra-judicial murder of innocents as 'unnecessary'.
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by ofala(m): 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
I won't tell you how much I personally lost in the present insanity going there now(I thank God, I was far from the North when they struck) but like I said,..

Mentally sick fellas and/or eligious fanatics doesn't deserve mentions

***You can commit suicide or try to "bomb" Nairaland in your anger, whichever you choose***

texazzpete:

You will 'never join issues with unnecessarily angry fellas' but you will explicitly support viewpoints that glorify in the slaughter of innocents? Noted.
Thanks for 'noticing' me. I too have 'noticed' you, if only to mentally lump you with the rest of the bigoted m0r0ns on Nairaland.

Please remember your Christian charity and also extend your 'blessings' to the people in the North who are suffering this Boko Haram crisis much more than you are. Thanks.

PS: I'm sure the god you claim to serve is happy with you categorizing concern for possible extra-judicial murder of innocents as 'unnecessary'.
Re: Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents by Leebeedo(m): 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
pendy79:
So because they are Kanuri and from the North East, they deserve to be killed and slaughtered because they were unfortunate to be born in a location they had no choice to select.

On the FrontPage we read about 42 innocent people released by the military suspected to be BH members but were not, again we read about another 125 innocent men held up over charges they know nothing about.

In they are killed in battle then the killing Is deserved, if they were killed because the military got information that they were plotting to go kill or do havoc, the killing is justified but if they were killed simply because they were kanuris then it is beyond human comprehension for anyone with blood flowing through them.to justify.or celebrate this kind of news.

The igbos cried and are crying that the act of 1967-1970 could be term genocide but are here in large numbers justify and celebrating the death of maybe innocent.souls.

God rest their souls if they are innocent but.condemn them to eternal fire if truly they belong.to.the sect of senseless murderers killing innocents people all over the north.

America should have nuked the whole Afghanistan then.since in all comments I've read here all Afghanis are terrorists.

The story isn't complete. What were they doing specifically before the soldiers attacked them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hypocrisy: Labaran Maku Drinking 'Fura Da Nono' With The So-called Nomads / Breaking News: WAEC Says It "Can't Find" Buhari's Academic Records / Jonathan- 80% Of My Advisers Have No Advise To Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.