Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,512 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

The Reform Needed And Me - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Reform Needed And Me (1115 Views)

Is It Possible To Reform The Saudi State? / You Can't Reform Islam Without Reforming Muslims / Do You Think Islam Need A Reform? As Some Islamic Scholars Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reform Needed And Me by pmc01(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2014
AlhamduliLLahi ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana wa ilayhi n nushoor.

AlhamduliLLah 'ala ni'matil Islam.

It's been a while really, observing Solah in this quite familiar agbalagba-dominated community Masjid.

The usual signs-
‪#‎ patronizing‬and coercing the 'I no go come Masjid' 'sleepers' and 'VIPs' with 'soul-searching' words and prayers for them to come to the Masjid to observe their Solah.

‪#‎ Then ‬to the Solah, one verse after Surah Al Fatha in each Rakah is just enough, I guess that's by 'popular demand'.

#Then the span of the last Sujud is probably longer than the time spent reciting Fatha and the one ayah that follows. *bukata must biya na, abi*

On the positive side though, some of the Adhkar recited after Solah conform with the Sunnah. For example, I was surprised, but relieved that it was Solatul Ibrahimiyyah that was recited instead of the common 'substitute(s)'prevalent in my dear Ibadan city. *(awa) omo Ibadan, kini s(h)ow*

The koko of this my early morning tori be say these our Babas don try. They have been very steadfast in their Da'wah of ensuring the Islamic legacy passed on to them from their own babas do not die. Even though the knowledge applied in the process might arguably be crude, the passion to see the Muslim community continue to grow and glow is obvious.

Evidently a lot still need to be reformed in these our societies. And this is why the youths should not just be lazy enough to sheepishly follow in the same steps of our dear Babas, without implementing the needed reforms.

It will be a crime on your head if you do not go out there to seek the proper knowledge of Islam, as enshrined in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

We must be genuinely concerned about improving upon the efforts of our fathers in rooting firm the Islamic culture in our communities.

If you continue to concentrate all your efforts in seeking greener pastures, without a care for upliftment of the Muslim community, then I wonder what will happen when the era of babas eventually come to naught.

If these Babas in the focus Masjid for this piece can learn to stick with Solatul Ibrahimiyyah in an environment where it is generally neglected or even resented, then there is hope that these our communities can learn to adapt to the structural changes of returning them back to the path of our righteous predecessors (whom Allah was pleased with and were pleased with their Lord).

Remember the steadfastness of the Ashab Kahf in reforming their community?
www.islamawaren ess.net/ Children/ story11.html

The ball indeed is in our court. Allahu L Musta'an.

1 Like

Re: The Reform Needed And Me by pmc01(m): 7:35am On Nov 09, 2014
Story story...

Once upon a time in the ancient, but now modern looking boisterous city of Ibadan 'mesi', a certain message came thus:

Al-Ifaadah communications presents CIRCLE OF LEARNING AND KNOWLEDGE [a day seminar].
Theme: Epitomizing an ideal ISLAAMIC HOME.
Facilitators: Ustaadh Sulayman Hamzah and Ustaadh Abdul-Kabeer Naasr (Al-Asfar).
Venue: ARISEKOLA CENTRAL MOSQUE, IWO ROAD, IBADAN.
Date: 9th November, 2014:
Time: 10am prompt.
Contacts channels: ifaadah2012@yahoo.com
www.facebook.com/al-ifaadahcommunication
08169254626, 07062533728.

COLAK... Re-awakening the path and methodologies of the Past Muslims (Salaf).

#and that is the *end of the story*. If you enjoyed it, please share across board. JazakumuLLahukhayran.
Re: The Reform Needed And Me by sino(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
pmc01:
AlhamduliLLahi ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana wa ilayhi n nushoor.

AlhamduliLLah 'ala ni'matil Islam.

It's been a while really, observing Solah in this quite familiar agbalagba-dominated community Masjid.

The usual signs-
‪#‎ patronizing‬and coercing the 'I no go come Masjid' 'sleepers' and 'VIPs' with 'soul-searching' words and prayers for them to come to the Masjid to observe their Solah.

‪#‎ Then ‬to the Solah, one verse after Surah Al Fatha in each Rakah is just enough, I guess that's by 'popular demand'.

#Then the span of the last Sujud is probably longer than the time spent reciting Fatha and the one ayah that follows. *bukata must biya na, abi*

On the positive side though, some of the Adhkar recited after Solah conform with the Sunnah. For example, I was surprised, but relieved that it was Solatul Ibrahimiyyah that was recited instead of the common 'substitute(s)'prevalent in my dear Ibadan city. *(awa) omo Ibadan, kini s(h)ow*

The koko of this my early morning tori be say these our Babas don try. They have been very steadfast in their Da'wah of ensuring the Islamic legacy passed on to them from their own babas do not die. Even though the knowledge applied in the process might arguably be crude, the passion to see the Muslim community continue to grow and glow is obvious.

Evidently a lot still need to be reformed in these our societies. And this is why the youths should not just be lazy enough to sheepishly follow in the same steps of our dear Babas, without implementing the needed reforms.

It will be a crime on your head if you do not go out there to seek the proper knowledge of Islam, as enshrined in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

We must be genuinely concerned about improving upon the efforts of our fathers in rooting firm the Islamic culture in our communities.

If you continue to concentrate all your efforts in seeking greener pastures, without a care for upliftment of the Muslim community, then I wonder what will happen when the era of babas eventually come to naught.

If these Babas in the focus Masjid for this piece can learn to stick with Solatul Ibrahimiyyah in an environment where it is generally neglected or even resented, then there is hope that these our communities can learn to adapt to the structural changes of returning them back to the path of our righteous predecessors (whom Allah was pleased with and were pleased with their Lord).

Remember the steadfastness of the Ashab Kahf in reforming their community?
www.islamawaren ess.net/ Children/ story11.html

The ball indeed is in our court. Allahu L Musta'an.
@bold, I agree 100% The Babas had passion for the deen, and they would go to any length to practice the deen, so far it is said to be part of the Prophet's (SAW) sunnah.

The youth, Alhamduliah, at least things are getting better in terms of methodology of da'wah, previously, it was quite awkward.
I think the youth needs to understand that it is not only about nisfu sakh and beards or jilbab, it is about the whole package which instils beauty within, and which blossoms in such a way that people will appreciate and love to associate...

May Allah (SWT) continue to assist us all ameen.

Jazakumullahu khayran for the tori wink

1 Like

Re: The Reform Needed And Me by pmc01(m): 5:36am On Nov 14, 2014
sino:

@bold, I agree 100% The Babas had passion for the deen, and they would go to any length to practice the deen, so far it is said to be part of the Prophet's (SAW) sunnah.

The youth, Alhamduliah, at least things are getting better in terms of methodology of da'wah, previously, it was quite awkward.
I think the youth needs to understand that it is not only about nisfu sakh and beards or jilbab, it is about the whole package which instils beauty within, and which blossoms in such a way that people will appreciate and love to associate...

May Allah (SWT) continue to assist us all ameen.

Jazakumullahu khayran for the tori wink

Aamiin.
Wa antum fa JazakumuLLahu khayran.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region / Prospects Of Islam In Igboland [igbos And Friends Of Igbo views] / Two Saudi Scholars To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.