Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,632 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Who Really Is A Christian Here? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Is A Christian Here? (868 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Is A Christian Here? by detruth: 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2008
Please can someone kindly permit me with this observation?
I noticed nairaland is blessed many great politicians, wonderful sportsmen, compassionate medical practitioners, good home makers, educationist and so on. But as for a real God fearing Christians? What a few!

All we witness everyday are the pops of noise makers, men worshippers, name-droppers, name-callers and individuals proclaiming self righteousness. We (I speak not of all) only love to prove or aggrandize our scriptural capabilities to others. Many of our arguments only left watchers without any spiritual impartation at the end of the day. What a NOISE! cry Why can't we exhort each others as becoming Christians?
Thank God for spirit lifting threads like “Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship”, Have You Praised Him Today” and few others.

I have never seen where men of God are being subjected to public ridicule and insult by the so called nairaland believers as done in this section.
I so much believe that even if Jesus is in our midst today, He will surely be insulted here in Nairaland and if possible be re-crucified.

But, "Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand" Rom 14:4.

If the Religion section will ever be of any spiritual benefit to all just like every other section on the forum, then personal opinions here should be done in the liberty of the spirit and not in the carnality of the flesh. This inordinate attitude surely scares many believers off the board.

I believe decency should be maintained bearing in mind that we talk about sacred personalities/matters here?
Who is really a Christian here? If you think you are, then let your light shows it. "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

We need to "Let our light so shine before men, that they may see our good works, and glorify our Father which is in heaven." and also with our conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ:" (Phil 1:27)

I so much believe that whatsoever does not bring glory and praises to His name is not of Him. This is the truth; there is no idle word before God!
And if you are yet to understand all I have being saying, please take time to meditate on this scripture; it says it all in a summary;

Mal 3:16
Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another,
And the LORD listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the LORD
And who meditate on His name
.  (NKJV)

(1) (Reply)

One Minute Wisdom! / Nigerian Journalists Are So Stupid, Asking Pastor Kumuyi If He Will Remarry! / Why Does God Allow Suffering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.