Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,297 members, 7,864,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:21 PM

2015: I’ve Lost Confidence In INEC To Conduct Free, Fair Election – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: I’ve Lost Confidence In INEC To Conduct Free, Fair Election – Tinubu (475 Views)

I’ve Lost Memory, Records About Charges Against Me –saraki / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Nigeria To Assist Zimbabwe To Conduct Free Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: I’ve Lost Confidence In INEC To Conduct Free, Fair Election – Tinubu by argon500: 9:39am On Nov 09, 2014
Chieftan of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has described the on-going Permanent Voters Card distribution exercise in Lagos as a colossal failure, adding that his confidence in Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to be able to midwife a successful 2015 election has been eroded.
The former governor of Lagos State also accused INEC of colluding with the presidency and the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to rig the forthcoming 2015 general elections.
Tinubu made the statement Saturday at a press briefing held at the party’s secretariat in Lagos, affirming that the collection of Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVC) exercise in Lagos has failed.
The APC strongman wondered why INEC could not get the process right in four years, pointing out that the missing over one million names on INEC register in Lagos, the hitches and seeming failures were deliberate to pave way for rigging of the election.
Flanked by the party’s executive in the state, Tinubu said,” This Permanent Voters Cards collection exercise has failed and it is not acceptable . We will consider it as a rigging exercise. INEC has colluded with the presidency, the opposing party to rig this election from the data to the end.
“For four years you are unable to make ready the permanent voters card for those who are already in record, and you are at this last minute, a few months to the election you are still not ready with the voters’ cards in these 20 local government areas, you have not published the figures of those who were left out of the system as a result of one fault or the other and no disclosures to them?
“You have not been able to rectify the anomalies, irregularities that might have been involved. You have not been able by now to even start the exercise of those who are 18 years and above that should be captured and be given the right to vote.

Source: ScanNews
Re: 2015: I’ve Lost Confidence In INEC To Conduct Free, Fair Election – Tinubu by ratiken(m): 9:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Please who is Bola Tinubu? Does his opinion matter?

1 Like

Re: 2015: I’ve Lost Confidence In INEC To Conduct Free, Fair Election – Tinubu by masu: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2014
When inec alocate an illegal 23,000 pulling unit to the north against 7,000 to south where were tinubu and Apc ?

Why was it only ibos and S.S people including few MB are speaking Against such imbalance and daylight rubbery?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Now 68th Most Powerful Person— Forbes / Who Will You Vote For In The 2015 Presidential Election. Share Your Thoughts / Fayose Sacks Aides To Assembly Speaker, Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.