Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,718 members, 7,851,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:41 PM

Would You Vote For A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? (389 Views)

Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. / Tinubu - 'Hold Jonathan If Anything Happens To Me' / Would You Vote For A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Vote For A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by rejjyolofofo9ja(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2014
Drop your comment please and check http://popafri.ca
Re: Would You Vote For A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by theSpark(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kai tough one.

Nigeria though secular officially believes the creation story and believes in God. If in doubt read the second stanza of the National Anthem.

Back to the topic, positions in Nigeria are shared between Muslims and Christians. Atheists are not yet in the equation. In fact traditional worshippers will get into the equation before atheists will be attended to. Until then they have to pretend to be Muslims or Christians as many have been doing.

If the day comes that an professed atheist comes for my vote. I may vote for him if he is capable. But to be honest sef I don't see any it ever happening.

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by Psylas(m): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Why not?!

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
WHY NOTangry I WILL SURELY VOTE FOR THAT PERSON.THE XTIANS&MUSLIMS HAVE NOT REALLY DONE WELLangryINFACT I WANT TO SEE A PRESIDENT THAT IS A TRADITIONALISTsmiley WE HAVE PLACED FOREIGN RELIGION ABOVE OUR OWNembarassed

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by kilokeys(m): 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
hmmm.. ill vote for a morally upright atheist leader than a hypocritical christian/muslim that loots and tries to purge his conscience by making a fat donation..

note: a real Christian would live d life of christ.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Political Philosophy? / Two Wonderful Birthday Gifts For GEJ / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.