Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,787 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

Why I Want To Rule Nigeria - BUHARI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Rule Nigeria - BUHARI (735 Views)

I'll Expose How Elite Conspired To Ruin Nigeria: Buhari / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / Why Sambo Dasuki Will Never Allow Buhari To Rule Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Rule Nigeria - BUHARI by ketekete: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
49 Questions were asked in 2003 and the answers were published in a booklet entitled Many Questions and Buhari’s Answers. It was edited by Tony Momoh who was at the time the Chairman of the National Media and Publicity Committee of the ANPP Presidential Campaign Council. The questions were blunt, and so also were the answers.

QUESTION 1: You sacked an elected government in 1983 and thereby showed your disdain for the rule of law. Why are you now seeking popular mandate?

ANSWER: I think the statement is not well premised. Let me start by saying that what happened was a state of development in our political history. If you recall, it came immediately after that government was re-elected for a second term. There were widespread complaints about the process of the election. People were really angry. That is one.

Secondly, the economy was in shambles. You recall the conditions at the time the military took over in terms of the infrastructures, balance of payment situation and the conditions of living nationwide. There were clear indications of insensitivity to the plight of the citizens, clear instances of bad governance.

Earnings from petroleum products had gone up but hardship was rising and expanding by the day. I was the immediate past petroleum minister or commissioner of petroleum. The price of crude oil at our time was $18 per barrel, but it was $42 per barrel during the second republic.

We had two million barrels per day allocation from OPEC. By the time we took over, no one knew how much Nigeria owed. All the foreign reserves by previous administrations were gone. Despite increased foreign earnings, the nation was indebted to such high figures no one knew the exact amount.

The nation had no line of credit. These were the conditions and the reason the Army took over the government.

Q3. Why do you now want popular vote?

A. Nigeria is back to square one. The economy is terribly bad. The level of insecurity now is as high as in wartime. Ethnic tensions and conflicts mount month after month and this is not limited to one part of the country but covers the whole landscape.

All over the country, young men are roaming about without jobs. There are too many dropouts but those that managed to go through school have nothing to show for going to school. The situation is not just bad but hopeless.

These are the reasons I am into this project. I do not want or wish that the military veer from their constitutional duties because the political class is proving once again its inability to provide good governance.

SOURCE:
[url]Question and Answers: http://ketekete.com/want-rule-nigeria-buhari/[/url]
Re: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria - BUHARI by Nextlevel0007(m): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Let me comment before reading,,,,,,
Re: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria - BUHARI by legendary4luv(m): 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
I will read wen it makes fp
Re: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria - BUHARI by Studentsvoice: 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
my fellow Nigerians and Nairalanders..plz lets give this man a chance
Re: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria - BUHARI by ola6: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
He wants to rule NOT SERVE!! Born to rule coupist, Jihadist

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria - BUHARI by mperoakeem(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Nulge Declares Uduaghan Administration Corrupt Free / Who Do You Think Will Be Nigeria's President 2015? / Staring At Women’s Bosoms Make Men Live Longer And Healthier- Dr. Karen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.