Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp (3400 Views)

Jonathan’s Campaign Security Chief, 3,000 Others Dump PDP For APC In Edo / Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by otil1: 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
PDP stops state chapters from publishing results of primaries
There are worrying signals that three key governors supportive of the President Goodluck administration, Governor Gabriel Suswam of Benue State; Governor of Enugu State, Sullivan Chime and Liyel Imoke of Cross River State may dump the ruling party.
Their grouse followed unresolved political crisis in their states by the party’s national secretariat.
The Governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam, may dump the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the Labor Party, one of the opposition parties in the country, to actualise his senatorial dream.
Nigerian Pilot Sunday can report authoritatively that shortly after a meeting, where President Jonathan and the leadership of the PDP conceded automatic tickets to 40 out of 72 PDP senators, who want to return to the red chamber, the governors were affected.
In Suswam’s case with the decision reached by the party to support Senator Barnabas Gemade to run for the Benue North East senatorial seat in the forthcoming election, the incumbent governor may have lost out.
His Cross River counterpart, Liyel Imoke, is allegedly aggrieved and is threatening to join the All Progressives Congress, APC following the PDP’s choice of Senator Victor Edoma Egba.
Similarly, Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime, who is also bitter over the party’s decision to allow the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu to run on the ticket of the PDP instead of him (Chime), is considering dumping the PDP to run on the platform of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA for the senatorial seat.
A highly placed source close to the PDP, who hinted this paper of the moves and corroborated by a close aide to the Benue State Governor, who pleaded anonymity, told the Nigerian Pilot Sunday that the Governor is not comfortable with the decision of the party to stop him from contesting the election and he is considering a move to the Labor Party.
According to the aide, Imoke and Chime will also follow suit in dumping the party, except the party’s national headquarters reverses its decision and allows a level playing field for all the aspirants rather than imposing the sitting senators on the electorate.
However, the paper further gathered that the President and the PDP will engage the party governors in order to allow only experienced Senators to come back in 2015.
In the thinking of the party and the Presidency, it pays the country’s democracy to build a stronger legislature by returning experienced lawmakers rather than bringing in greenhorns.
Another position taken by the leadership of the PDP was a situation where a Governor, “cannot eat his cake and have it” by showing interest in the Senate as well as deciding who succeeds him.
In this case the party ruled that governors interested in picking their successors would not get a senatorial ticket.
With these developments, some governors see themselves losing out on their senatorial ambition.
For Delta State Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, his next political move has been uncertain since the decision of the party.
However this paper scooped that he is still consulting on the way forward.
In the meantime, the party has banned all the state chapters from publishing the results of the forthcoming primaries.
Reacting to an advertorial in a section of the media wherein some individuals purported to have released the result of the election of three man ad-hoc delegates for primary elections in Ebonyi State, PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh said only the office of the National Organising Secretary is empowered to release the result of its primaries.
Part of the statement read, “The national leadership states categorically that only the National Working Committee, NWC, through the Office of the National Organising Secretary can release the result of the ward congresses for the election of 3 man ad-hoc delegate or any primary election conducted by our great party for that matter.
“In this regard, the national leadership will thoroughly investigate this illegality and take prompt action against anybody who may have participated in it.”
Metuh also informed all members of the party in Ebonyi State that the national leadership has been notified of the resignation of the State Chairman of the party.

http://nigerianpilot.com/govs-chime-suswam-imoke-set-to-dump-pdp/#sthash.WOhmhRqQ.dpuf

See interesting comment on the topic on a discussion board, next
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by otil1: 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
More like PDP set to dump the capricious and greedy three musketeers. History moves in circles...going round and coming around, weaving a wicked web of twisted irony. 

I hope the Gburugburu team moves in swiftly to consolidate on the general goodwill it has seemingly garnered already. Dump PDP...Please! These trio are the lamest ducks alive. Even PDP knows that. Chime or not, Enugu will go in the PDP column in February. I take it back. The longer Chime remains in the PDP, in his desperate gasp for continued relevance, the more Gburugburu's chances wane. 

The best thing that could happen to Gburugburu is to have Chime out of the PDP. He has become a total liability, and Abuja knows that. They have no more need of him. Problem for Chime is that he doesn't even realize that he has already been tossed by the PDP. Yea right...dump PDP indeed! PDP dumped him the moment they blew his ill conceived senatorial fantasy. 

Chime took too much liberty. He dissed Aso Rock; played rough; challenged his gods; became a chicken chaser. Now he will receive his political comeuppance. He would have put up a good fight, but, alas, he is a lame freaking duck! Soon, he will be deserted by all that took shelter under his once strong wings. Now, that Abuja is clipping his wings, he is simply dud. He can't even shelter himself. 

What's next for him? I don't know. But he sure as hell will not be smelling the red chamber. I hope he seized enough chicken to last him a life time. Sigh... :-(

/Odenigbo

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by donphilopus: 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
PDP causing problem for themselves since 1999. They all are nothing but greedy nitwits. Some of them have been in the Senate for almost 12 years with nothing to show, yet, they still wanna continue. While some of them were once members of their various States Houses of Assembly, Reps, Senate; some were even SAs, PAs and Commissioners before them became the Governors of their respective States and they wanna still go back to that Senate. And most of the so-called youths will still engage in thuggery just because of these thieves.

We need fresh people in the Senate pls, or 1st term Senators who have tried enough for their Senatorial Districts!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Mogidi: 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
donphilopus:
PDP causing problem for themselves since 1999. They all are nothing but greedy nitwits. Some of them have been in the Senate for almost 12 years with nothing to show, yet, they still wanna continue. While some of them were once members of their various States Houses of Assembly, Reps, Senate; some were even SAs, PAs and Commissioners before them became the Governors of their respective States and they wanna still go back to that Senate. And most of the so-called youths will still engage in thuggery just because of these thieves.

We need fresh people in the Senate pls, or 1st term Senators who have tried enough for their Senatorial Districts!

And if any of the senators you berated joins APC they become messiahs. Diaris....G

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by azimibraun: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
Can there be a better definition of DILEMMA for the Governors? With the PDP leadership knwing fully well that first time senators don't hold leadership positions in the senate; how then will they sacrifice Vets for Rookies? Governors are in a deep shit.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by GODDYGEE91(m): 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
This Imoke is very funny. He has been a senator b4, why is he so greedy n selfish like dis nau.

Ndoma Egba on de other hand av ben in de senate 4 3consecutive times. God y are dis people so selfish like dis y?
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by patrickmuf(m): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ndoma Egba bleeped up big time and Liyel must deal with him...
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Raiders: 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
GODDYGEE91:
This Imoke is very funny. He has been a senator b4, why is he so greedy n selfish like dis nau.

Ndoma Egba on de other hand av ben in de senate 4 3consecutive times. God y are dis people so selfish like dis y?
They are not selfish. It is people like you and me that continue to vote the same set of people in power

1 Like

Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by omenka(m): 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
We know the drill: leave the party, contest on the platform of another party, rig the election in your favour, go to the senate, then decamp back to your original party.

Con men, all of them!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by GODDYGEE91(m): 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
Raiders:
They are not selfish. It is people like you and me that continue to vote the same set of people in power

U may be right but I can still remember vividly dat last vote I cast was 4 GEJ n Akpabio. I don't even intend 2 do dat dis time around as I am no longer resident @ home.
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by patrickmuf(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
As a Cross Riverian, i must point out clearly that Liyel is not interested in running for the senate, he's rather projecting Owan Enoh formally of the house of reps to step up to the Senate...
When Imoke was sick (almost to the point of death), Ndoma Egba mobilized the other senators, members of house of reps and other party stalwarts in the state to pay a courtesy call on the presidency wherein he introduced Jedy Agba as the choice of Cross Riverians to replace Liyel (Liyel was not aware of this move)
Unlucky for Ndoma Egba, Liyel survived and on his return to the state he met the news and thus he had to fire back...
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
Good to hear that none of them is coming to APC. We don't want aggrieved people coming to the party only to decamp later. After all LP and APGA are afflilated to PDP. So its no surprise they are decamping.
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Jesusloveyou: 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mogidi:

And if any of the senators you berated joins APC they become messiahs. Diaris....G
apc don't need any of them again.this are d pple that cause d problem in Ngf.they all voted for amaechi and later hide their head.u can remember when chime,suswan and amaechi visited imoke in german hospital.udughan were against gej choice because he was stil loyal to ibori.this is d time to pay for their fu*ck up.
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by nationwide1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
berem:
Good to hear that none of them is coming to APC. We don't want aggrieved people coming to the party only to decamp later. After all LP and APGA are afflilated to PDP. So its no surprise they are decamping.
Really? Were Amaechi, Kwankwazo, Atiku, Nyako not aggrieved? Why do you people like speaking from both sides of the mouth always? Btw, so you know they will soon decamp. #Atikuthings.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Ovamboland(m): 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thought they were touting their so-called 'internal democracy' now they want to copy what has made APC successful with minimum acrimony.

On another beat until ordinary citizens take their destiny in own hands, they will keep recycling useless leaders. If the legislator representing your area is a failure why not try another person from another party?

It seems we generally don't understand the crucial role the legislature plays in shaping society and the future with wise laws with far-sighted input, rather than a place to settle political jobbers and glorified thugs. Neither should it be retirement chamber for failed governors, unoccupied housewives and other funny characters who presently occupy both houses. Many vote for legislators without even knowing the name of the candidate purporting to represent or what he stands for, his philosophy of life and what he is going to do in the House. In our hypocrisy as a people we then feign surprise that they don't make meaningful laws or just busy themselves with allowances .
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Bugatie(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
otil1:
More like PDP set to dump the capricious and greedy three musketeers. History moves in circles...going round and coming around, weaving a wicked web of twisted irony. 

I hope the Gburugburu team moves in swiftly to consolidate on the general goodwill it has seemingly garnered already. Dump PDP...Please! These trio are the lamest ducks alive. Even PDP knows that. Chime or not, Enugu will go in the PDP column in February. I take it back. The longer Chime remains in the PDP, in his desperate gasp for continued relevance, the more Gburugburu's chances wane. 

The best thing that could happen to Gburugburu is to have Chime out of the PDP. He has become a total liability, and Abuja knows that. They have no more need of him. Problem for Chime is that he doesn't even realize that he has already been tossed by the PDP. Yea right...dump PDP indeed! PDP dumped him the moment they blew his ill conceived senatorial fantasy. 

Chime took too much liberty. He dissed Aso Rock; played rough; challenged his gods; became a chicken chaser. Now he will receive his political comeuppance. He would have put up a good fight, but, alas, he is a lame freaking duck! Soon, he will be deserted by all that took shelter under his once strong wings. Now, that Abuja is clipping his wings, he is simply dud. He can't even shelter himself. 

What's next for him? I don't know. But he sure as hell will not be smelling the red chamber. I hope he seized enough chicken to last him a life time. Sigh... :-(

/Odenigbo

Are you the same Odenigbo I know..?
Were you in student parliament back then
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by akumada1: 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Dump ! Dump !! Dump!!! Suswan make we get peace for benue state.
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by johnmartus(m): 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Who care am not concern they will gather but their plan shall never meet these useless people gather to destroy nigeria
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
These Governors are so Greedy, Yes, Greedy beginning with Capital letter. So after 8yrs on the loot, they all want to go into the Senate chambers where there is no terms limitation so they can enjoy immunity for ever.

i wish there was a way to take away the immunity clause, but the same senators enjoying immunity from prosecution will not vote to remove this immunity.

Nigeria will continue to function on one leg until we clean the mess called Legislators and Judiciary.
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
donphilopus:

I disagree with you to some extent. It is only greed that would make politicians that just finished serving as governors, want to go to the Senate when they have no (or little) knowledge of the art of making law. The Senate and other law making house need to be composed with experienced people. This was what Obasanjo saw that made him decry at the Senate some years ago when he realized that majority of the sitting senators won't be coming back. Check out the US Senate. The senators serve for six years. They are divided into three groups and are elected in staggered elections which hold every two years. Just last week, an election held for a group. If those in that group fail to be re-elected, the Senate won't suffer the dearth of experienced senators. The other two groups made up of experienced people will see that country is moved forward while also grooming the "JJC" senators that just won election.
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Kayceo2010: 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
My opinion is that there should be a level ground for everybody. What of the will of the people? Are they not the electorates? Why impose someone on the people, what if they don't want those senators again and prefer their governor?? No I don't think so. They should decamp and contest if their people are behind them. PDP is just a party not the individual representing the people. Anambra people voted for APGA in their governorship election and PDP in the presidential.. They should decamp if thats the only way. Don't understand PDP again. #042
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by OreMI22: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Oga Jonah,
Watch this developing cloud carefully o! These are key governors we are talking about here, not some northern APC state controlled by a PDP governor.

To be fore warned is to be fore armed. I don talk my own o!
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by Generalkorex(m): 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
When will d transfer market closes?
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by cjrane: 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
OreMI22:
Oga Jonah,
Watch this developing cloud carefully o! These are key governors we are talking about here, not some northern APC state controlled by a PDP governor.

To be fore warned is to be fore armed. I don talk my own o!

@ the bolded. I hope they realize what is at stake here. APC would love this hitch!
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by CashAJob: 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by ayukdaboss(m): 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
patrickmuf:
As a Cross Riverian, i must point out clearly that Liyel is not interested in running for the senate, he's rather projecting Owan Enoh formally of the house of reps to step up to the Senate...
When Imoke was sick (almost to the point of death), Ndoma Egba mobilized the other senators, members of house of reps and other party stalwarts in the state to pay a courtesy call on the presidency wherein he introduced Jedy Agba as the choice of Cross Riverians to replace Liyel (Liyel was not aware of this move)
Unlucky for Ndoma Egba, Liyel survived and on his return to the state he met the news and thus he had to fire back...
Only Cross Riverians would be conversant with that. Frankly Ndoma Egba hasn't done much after more than 7 years in the Senate and we need a change. The only reason why he is more preferred is because of his chances of becoming Senate President and his close relationship with GEJ..Personally I'll prefer Owan Enoh.
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by coldsummer: 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
[size=15pt]Please when they're talking about governors, I beg you all in God's name not to mention Suswan. That pig is not a human being.

Which part would he join? APC, he won't eve win ward election.
[/size]
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by patrickmuf(m): 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Only Cross Riverians would be conversant with that. Frankly Ndoma Egba hasn't done much after more than 7 years in the Senate and we need a change. The only reason why he is more preferred is because of his chances of becoming Senate President and his close relationship with GEJ..Personally I'll prefer Owan Enoh.
But Mark is going back to the senate...He can't be senate president if GEJ emerges...
One thing I know for sure is that if he returns to the senate, he'll definitely use the prospect of becoming the senate president to hoodwink gullible fellas in 2019...
Re: 2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp by AndyBoomba: 12:02am On Nov 10, 2014
Wow

Meanwhile see how I got 107,000 naira with 100 naira today here -www.nairaland.com/1989277/how-got-107000-naira-just#27874399

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —bode George / How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome / Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.