Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,901 members, 7,866,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:31 PM

ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship (1112 Views)

Sheriff And Fayose’s 2019 Ambitions Tear PDP Apart / Boko Haram: Australian Investigator's Allegations Against Sheriff And Ihejirika / Australian Negotiator Names Sheriff And Ihejirika As Bokoharam Sponsors! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by Anasko(m): 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Following a petition submitted to the International
Criminal Court (ICC) demanding a thorough
investigation of former Borno State governor Ali
Modu Sheriff and retired Nigerian Army Chief of
Staff Lt. General Azubuike Ihejirika, the ICC has
confirmed they will review the petition and other
supporting documents, which claim the pair were
affiliated with the terrorist sect Boko Haram.
International Criminal Court
Photo Credit:
Alamy
In August, Sheriff and Ihejirika were accused of
sponsoring Boko Haram by an Australian hostage
negotiator, Stephen Davis, who claimed to have
been working with the Nigerian federal
government to negotiate a release of the
kidnapped Chibok girls.
In September, the Human and Environmental
Development Agenda (HEDA), a non-governmental
organization whose mandate is to promote and
protect human rights, petitioned the ICC to act on
Davis' revelations, asserting that the Nigerian
government lacked the "political will" to intervene
against high-profile suspects like Sheriff and
Ihejirika.
"With your public admittance of Boko Haram's
activities as qualifying for crimes against
humanity, we shall not bother with further legal
points to qualify these atrocities under the Rome
Statute," HEDA chairman Olanrewaju Suraju said.
"It is also instructive to assert that the Nigerian
government, under the current leadership lacks
the political will and judicial independence to
prosecute the individuals who are friends and
former subordinates of the President."
"We hereby urge the ICC to urgently open
immediate examination of this development by
inviting Rev. Stephen Davis to provide insight into
his revelations, to assist the court in its
investigation and possible prosecution of those
connected with the crimes," the statement
furthered.
In response to the petition, the Head of
Information and evidence unit, Office of the
Prosecutor of the ICC, M. P. Dillon, wrote to
confirm that the Prosecutor of the International
Criminal Court had officially received, registered,
and promised to review the submission.
According the letter, the office of the ICC
prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, would treat the
issues raised in the petition within its mandate.
"This communication has been duly entered in the
communications register of the office," the letter
read. "We will give consideration to this
communication, as appropriate, in accordance
with the Provisions of the Rome Statute of the
International Criminal Court."
The letter concluded with a promise by the Court
to communicate its decision once determined.
http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/09/international-criminal-court-considering-action-against-modu-sheriff-and-ihejirika
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by Lurcky(m): 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hmm......I just hope we get positive results or else this maybe a possible diversion of attention by the real sponsors.
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by basisop(m): 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
And the Igbos will just sit and watch it happen!!! ICC wants a boiling Nigeria to the already roasting one.

1 Like

Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Boko haram sponsors are walking free on the street of northern Nigeria and Buhari is seen as messiah while Ihejirika Who "show" boko haram "pepper" is being dragged to ICC.

5 Likes

Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by Collynzo22: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
They will find nothing on the great General Ihejirika.
Oh, how the people of the north east miss him
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
Like I said before Rev Davies should bring his witnesses to court oo, the Boko boys grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by waternogetemeny: 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
Anybody taking sahara reporters seriously needs to get their head checked.
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
in sahara reporter's world "reviewing a submission" which i guess is standard practice translates to "considering action"
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by kalet55(m): 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by omenka(m): 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
Boko haram sponsors are walking free on the street of northern Nigeria and Buhari is seen as messiah while Ihejirika Who "show" boko haram "pepper" is being dragged to ICC.
Odefolio, why don't you go drag Buhari who is the major sponsor to court

@post: ICC can go to hell in 7 different ways!! I hate what they represent and what they do! That court was set up simply to consider cases involving Africans, and some war criminals from some poor Balkan States, including some parts of Asia.

I was disgusted to my marrows when I read that ICC had declined to prosecute the case involving a Turkish Flotila (2011 incident) carrying aids bound for Gaza with dozens of activists on board, ten of whom died when the Flotila was boarded/raided by Israeli soldiers!! 10 unarmed CIVILIANS murdered in broad day light!!!

The court's president says after considering all the facts of the case, there is STONG EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST THAT ISRAEL COMMITTED WAR CRIMES but the court declines to prosecute the case!! Is Israel outside the jurisdiction of the court What about George Bush and Tony Blair?? Just a couple of weeks back, they arm twisted Uhuru Kenyata, President of a sovereign nation, to appear before them yet they can't prosecute a single Israeli soldier, it is beyond them!! ICC represents the height of double standards and hypocrisy.

Not a fan of Ihejirika, neither am I a fan of Sheriff, but Fvck the ICC and their white supremacist agenda!! Let Africans handle their shiit domestically! angry

6 Likes

Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by jayonpoint(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
U're a fool! Let d investigation clear n declare him non sponsored of d terror group. If u dnt knw Ihejirika cashed frm bokoharam escalation. By under equipping Nigeria soldiers while bokoharams gets unsolicited support frm d army chief. D more insecurity continues, d more money for Defence to share n ihejirika is d architect wt d support of d presidency whose standing benefit is reduce d voting power of d north by means of displacing majority voters dat is no doubt d stronghold of d opposition. Jonathan shld b try also for supervising dis unjust killing of nigerians in their hundrends n counting.
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by jayonpoint(m): 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
omenka:

@post: ICC can go to hell in 7 different ways!! I hate what they represent and what they do! That court was set up simply to consider cases involving Africans, and some war criminals from the Balkan States, including some parts of Asia.

I was disgusted to my marrows when I read that ICC had declined to prosecute the case involving a Turkish Flotila (2011 incident) carrying aids bound for Gaza with dozens of activists on board, ten of whom died when the Flotila was boarded/raided by Israeli soldiers!! 10 unarmed CIVILIANS murdered in broad day light!!!

The court's president says after considering all the facts of the case, there is STONG EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST THAT ISRAEL COMMITTED WAR CRIMES but the court declines to prosecute the case!! Is Israel outside the jurisdiction of the court What about George Bush and Tony Blair?? Just a couple of weeks back, they arm twisted Uhuru Kenyata to appear before them yet they can't prosecute a single Israeli soldier!!

Not a fan of Ihejirika, neither am I a fan of Sheriff, but Fvck the ICC and their white supremacist agenda!! Let Africans handle their shiit domestically! angry
U're insane! Which african? Are u for real? N btw wen has d rule change? Charles Taylor was tried n convincted @ ICC. kenyatta recently stepped down to face investigation panels @ ICC, its a common int'l practice which african countries were signatory. So, wats ur point exactly? U dnt want ur brother to pay for his obvious crime committed against innocent soul murdered @ their early life? while denying many families of hope n happiness bt he's allow gallivant abt wit his own family n enjoying his blood money. He will nt survive dis.
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by omenka(m): 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
jayonpoint:

U're insane! Which african? Are u for real? N btw wen has d rule change? Charles Taylor was tried n convinced @ ICC. kenyatta recently stepped down to face investigation panels @ ICC, its a common int'l practice which african countries were signatory. So, wats ur point exactly. U dnt want ur brother to pay for his obvious crime committed against innocent soul murdered @ d prime while denying many families of hope n happiness while he gallivant arnd wit his own family n enjoy his look money. He will nt survive dis.
Before you emit more garbage than you already have, go check my timeline.

Goodnyt.

2 Likes

Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by gists: 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
omenka:

@post: ICC can go to hell in 7 different ways!! I hate what they represent and what they do! That court was set up simply to consider cases involving Africans, and some war criminals from the Balkan States, including some parts of Asia.

The court's president says after considering all the facts of the case, there is STONG EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST THAT ISRAEL COMMITTED WAR CRIMES but the court declines to prosecute the case!! Is Israel outside the jurisdiction of the court What about George Bush and Tony Blair?? Just a couple of weeks back, they arm twisted Uhuru Kenyata to appear before them yet they can't prosecute a single Israeli soldier!!

I feel you my brother. All that you observed and said of ICC is spot-on. Still, we can't just let the sponsors of BH continue to walk free. Since the clueless one is more concerned about 2015 and who becomes the speaker of the house, not minding that BH has settled fully in some part of the country

1 Like

Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by gists: 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
jayonpoint:

U're insane! Which african? Are u for real? N btw wen has d rule change? Charles Taylor was tried n convinced @ ICC. kenyatta recently stepped down to face investigation panels @ ICC, its a common int'l practice which african countries were signatory. So, wats ur point exactly. U dnt want ur brother to pay for his obvious crime committed against innocent soul murdered @ d prime while denying many families of hope n happiness while he gallivant arnd wit his own family n enjoy his look money. He will nt survive dis.

Did you read his post at all? All that you said just buttresses his point!

1 Like

Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by IGBOSON1: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
ProfessorPeter:

^^^You couldn't make it up wallahi! smiley
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by BlackTechnology: 11:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
jayonpoint:

U're a fool! Let d investigation clear n declare him non sponsored of d terror group. If u dnt knw Ihejirika cashed frm bokoharam escalation. By under equipping Nigeria soldiers while bokoharams gets unsolicited support frm d army chief. D more insecurity continues, d more money for Defence to share n ihejirika is d architect wt d support of d presidency whose standing benefit is reduce d voting power of d north by means of displacing majority voters dat is no doubt d stronghold of d opposition. Jonathan shld b try also for supervising dis unjust killing of nigerians in their hundrends n counting.

You foolish understanding is second to none
Re: ICC Considering Action Against Sheriff And Ihejirika For Alleged BH Sponsorship by debo07(m): 11:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
That's the only way justice would prevail.Govt lacks will to deal with them.Many lives are lost yet these two are still free men.Shame on the govt,president and the Chief judge.

(1) (Reply)

Drug Crimes: APC Leader, Bola Tinubu Still A Suspect In The U.S / Osinbajo’s Words Does Not Befit An Ordained Pastor – Presidency (@naijapolitica / Throwback: Ibb’s Speech After He Overthrew General Buhari In 1985 (READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.