Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? (773 Views)

The Latest Google Adsense Approval Secrets Exposed / Ever Seen The Source Code Of Google.com? / Has Anyone Seen The New Google Doodle Html5 Balls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? by pie1ect(m): 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2008
Anybody checked out the latest intro from google?

Go to google search and type in anything. The search results all come up with these option buttons, including comments shocked.
Seems google are introducing interaction into search, users recommending search results to other users.

How much more can we accomplish with Web 2.0?
Re: Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? by Seun(m): 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2008
It sucks. I didn't ask for it and it wastes space on my screen. Results are meant to be consistent.
Re: Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? by MrCrackles(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2008
I am not really impressed with the feature to be honest

It takes a lot to leave me gaping in awe or get thrown off my seat cheesy
Re: Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? by pie1ect(m): 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2008
I think this will really change things. Website owners will have to sit up and work on optimizing their sites for relevance to search terms and the general google search user will be better served.

I'm impressed so far.
Re: Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? by JobFinder: 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2008
Its only visible to people who are logged in to Google

The changes you make only affect your own searches.

http://googleblog/2008/11/searchwiki-make-search-your-own.html

Have you actually tried moving searches up or down? I bet you'll like the ajaxy effect. Its easily reversible too. I foresee that this is going to be a hit, especially the comments section.
And speaking of "latest google inventions", has anyone seen Google Knol (http://knol.google.com)? another good one from Google. Still in beta
Re: Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? by yawatide(f): 12:14am On Nov 23, 2008
I noticed it yesterday but am afraid I won't be using it (not to say others won't or shouldn't). Why? I have too much on my mind already. If I don't find what I need in the top 5 results, I move on.

But hey, that's just me.

(1) (Reply)

Opurtunities For Ict Enterpreneurs: Webmatsers, Programmers And Developers. / New Year Gift / Hey Tanks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.