Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Investing In Nigeria...85m - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Nigeria...85m (1534 Views)

The Beginner’s Guide To Investing In The Nigerian Stock Market (ebook) / Investing In Startup Vs Buying Shares? / Investing in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Nigeria...85m by lanruma001: 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hello Fellows, whats is a good business to do in Nigeria with 85m? I live in Canada and looking to shuttle from here ; have invested in businesses in the past but had bad experience dealing with dishonest and greedy folks out there. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by jethro2: 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
Can you invest in a starch processing plant that utilizes cassava? Starch is an highly demanded commodity in manufacturing companies, breweries and all sorts. 99% of farmers in Nigeria plant large hectares of cassava yearly. The total no of starch processing factory in the country is not up to 20 sites. Starch are imported on daily basis. My village is willing to provide free land to support any would be investor for cassava utilisation in our local government. Farmers from the surrounding 10 LGA in the state will be supplying the cassava for the processing
Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by sholatech(m): 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
Largely depends on your risk appetite and frequency of expected returns. Lower risk target businesses includes fmcg trading and Treasury bills..while long term safer returns are in real estate

1 Like

Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by ernie4life(m): 5:36am On Nov 11, 2014
lanruma001:
Hello Fellows, whats is a good business to do in Nigeria with 85m? I live in Canada and looking to shuttle from here ; have invested in businesses in the past but had bad experience dealing with dishonest and greedy folks out there. Any suggestions?

I advice you go into low risk investments that are secure, forget business since you will not be around to monitor it, try Tbills, mutual funds or you can fix the cash with a financial institution with good return. with this Investment you can be assured your money is safe. read up the thread on Tbills and mutual funds for more information

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by 100Cents: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
lanruma001:

Your problem is, " How do you know an honest Nigerian " ?.

Anyway, they are few. Keep searching...

Another problem is that most businesses do not actually yield as people perceive. So you keep expecting the yield but it does not come. And you assume the guy in charge is duping you.

Another problem is that the business was once paying well and now it is not paying again. Businesses tide like the waves, prices change, profits plummet, assets depreciate, competition can cause a business fortune to dwindle. One needs to have a pool of various types of businesses that can be run from one location. This will ensure a constant cycle of cash flows.

BEST BET:

Invest in real estate. This business grants the surest peace of mind. It is low risk and of moderate yield.

Invest in Fixed deposits. They have the lowest form of yields. Very low risks. Banks are involved.

There are other forms of investments but one for sure needs an old, experienced and honest hand for them to function effectively.

You can come down and get guided on how to purchase land close to higher institutions of learning and build hostels...

1 Like

Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by kevinalbright(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hello Sir..

I am urging you to consider investing in the music entertainment sector. The sector is so big, millions are made monthly. The best way to go about this is to invest in a music company with records to show their capabilities and what they have done in the past. This way, risk is almost not an option. A music company/record label with reputation in the muisc industry.

I can easily send you a business plan, SWOT analysis and an estimated R.O.I based on income made from previous projects. . This said label want investors to come on board for a new project.

They promise a great contractual deal in terms of return on investment. Also bank statements on their last projects will be provided to show serious investors.

you can email me telemakevin@yahoo.com if interested. I will gladly give more details on this record label and send you documents to go through.

We have to meet at the label office to further talks with serious investors, i will not send bank statements via email.

Note: I am not asking you to send me any money, I am only looking for possible serious investors. You will discuss with the Ceo at the company office to finalise talks on your investment.

Thanks. Have a great day.
Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by stainlesstan: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
Good... OUR ecommerce start up is on...business plan and site on going...we are willing to discuss our unique business model and plans with any interested VC like you. Looking forward if we strike a cord. Thanks
lanruma001:
Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by azpunpin: 1:03am On Nov 17, 2014
@jethro2
What's your LGA?
Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by jethro2: 1:19am On Nov 17, 2014
azpunpin:
@jethro2
What's your LGA?
Saki East LGA
Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by payne4real(m): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2014
Invest in my start up www.socialreachng.com
About
Socialreachng is a new crowd-speaking platform that lets supporters of a cause or idea pledge to share a message at a certain time, thereby boosting the audience of the message by substantially. Users can opt to share the predetermined message on their personal Twitter or Facebook accounts. It can be described as an “online flash mob” as it allows you to reach users that you wouldn’t usually be able to. It’s important to note that when you sign up to use Socialreachng, you’re authorising the app to share a single message on your behalf. After the campaign is over, Socialreachng promises not to spam your account.
Socialreachng is open to use for non profits, government agencies, individuals, and anything in between.
How do I use Socialreachng?
In order to create a Socialreachng account you need a Facebook or Twitter account to connect it with. When you log in, you’ll be directed to a dashboard that will give you an overview of your scheduled Socialreachng. To start a new Socialreachng go to the top right hand corner of the screen and click “Start a Socialreach.” That will direct you to the next screen where you’ll be able to fill out a name, category, message, and photo. The “message” is what your followers are going to tweet out, so we suggest the use of few hashtags and keeping it short incase anyone wants to add a message before the tweet. You can see what your message looks like in the top right hand corner and personalise it to make sure it looks just right.
You also might want to personalise the picture you use, and share the same picture across multiple social media platforms to add some consistency to your campaign. Campaigns are typically authorised between 1-3 days, the entire website is free (unless you want to use Standard for #15,000 or Premium for #30,000 per campaign) and it’s really easy to use.
Another really cool part of Socialreachng is the option to create updates for your followers. You can do this in the “Project Update” tab under the “My Socialreach” section of your admin page. Supporters love staying up to date and to see how they’re making a difference in your campaign, every before it’s over. Also, saying “thank you” never hurt anyone! Thank your supporters for their support up until this point, or thank them after the campaign is over.
How do I market Socialreachng?
Socialreachng.com has a guide on how to promote and run a successful Socialreachng campaign. The guide includes how to optimise your campaign, marketing templates, and much more.
Here’s a quick summary of the guide:
• Keep your message short and sweet (I support meaningful volunteer experiences #TeamUnitedNigeria)
• Set a deadline of 2-3 weeks.
• Socialreach suggest promoting through email, embedded website, twitter, Facebook, tumblr, and youtube.
• Make sure to have a clear call to action and to specify that you want them to join through Socialreachng(not just “like” your Facebook status)
• Use “Updates” to rally support for your campaign and/or to update supporters on your campaign’s progress.
Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by badgan(m): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by badgan(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
thats some huge amount of dough there.. as business and investment expert, ill give you the almighty rule """DIVERSIFY"" ... run from putting all eggs in one basket...that been said..Looking for a business with much information on entering, availability of growing market and guaranteed quality return on investment ..ill suggest fitness..those who know started it can testify of its profitability.. need a proposal to give you ideas of what input is needed , risk and management,marketing, profitability.ill get you one based on facts and the nigerian market.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Nigeria...85m by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
okay

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BEWARE OF Capital 7 Investment / Invest In SILTFO And Reap Bountifully / Flowextra Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.