Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,944 members, 7,814,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? (1642 Views)

UKBA Staff Are Rejecting African Visas Unfairly - Independent Report / Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia / Your Accent:do You Think It Makes People Judge You Unfairly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by lake2(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2014
I was denied entry into France territory at the airport because ,according to them ,I did not have enough cash or made an hotel reservation inspite of the fact that I had over 4000 euros on my mastercard.
I spent some days at the "waiting room", scanned neccesary documents,including my bank statement, all to no avail.
I decided to go back to my country,get the hotel reservation,get cash and go back "armed" only for my multiple entry visa to be cancelled at the french embassy in Nigeria,which I find baffling. This, after booking a flight back to France.
I feel I have been unfairly treated.
Please advise and NO INSULTS PLEASE.
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
You didn't have any hotel reservation? So where did you intend to stay?

Money in Mastercard can not be verified. So, how were they to know you could afford your trip? The minimum PTA (last time I checked) is $1000 and that is the least physical cash one is supposed to travel with depending on the purpose of your trip. Whatever amount is in your card will serve as extra.

What they did wasn't fair. But then again, they acted within their jurisdiction.

So sorry about your ordeal.
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by lake2(m): 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
(1) It was a tourist visa and I intended to maximise it, meaning going places ... cities.
(2) I didnt feel the need to make ANY hotel reservation,not in one hotel as I felt all I needed was a proof I could afford to take care of myself for that period(bank statement).
(3) I came back country to "get it right" only to have my visa cancelled by the embassy in Nigeria(is that even right?), this after making purchasing another ticket!
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by Lexusgs430: 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
Your visa should have been cancelled in France, after you were denied entry. As initially stated, funds on credit or debit cards, cannot be verified.
Way forward : I think you need to make a representation to the French embassy, highlighting your case and events that transpired.
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 11, 2014
Your story doesn't add up.
Which border control/ immigration officer in any part of the world keeps a "potential" deportee at an airport for days?
What did you scan to no avail and how and to who?
Sadly You were eventually deported , came back did the "right" thing at what point did you find out your visa has been cancelled?
You got on the plane with it the second time or went for another visa interview ?
Was your passport stamped upon return to Nigeria?
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by Miami11: 2:44am On Nov 11, 2014
You probably is blacklisted with France embassy, forget about France for a while then work on your credibility issues,
Next time you go there be overly or more than prepared,
Read travel section here to see what requirements for visas are, and please refrain from going back to push the embassy people.
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by lake2(m): 7:12am On Nov 11, 2014
(1) I was kept at the waiting room for days where I was given access to send/receive mails and fax documents to the police.
(2) I was able to get my bank statement through that,faxed it to the order police and nothing came out of it.
(3)I had the option of staying at the "waiting zone" for 16days after which I would be allowed entry into the french territory for a max of 8days or going back to my country anytime,I opted for the later.
(4) Technically, you can only be deported when you are in the territory, I was not allower entry.
(5)I went to the french embassy in Nigeria to make a representation only for my visa to be stamped "annuled" right there!
(6) I decided to come here for advise if it is right.
(7)You cannot get PTA, cash, if you have an "international" card ,trust me I know.
(cool About verifying, there are ATMs all over. I even checked my balance when I was leaving!
(9) My passport was stamped upon return.
(10) In sysnopsis, I feel they did these because they believe they can get away with it which is why I came here.
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2014
Say it anyway you want, you really didn't seem prepared for that trip, period! Which Officer wants to go through the rigors of verifying funds online, checking through your account statement (which could be fake for all they know) or following you to the ATM? All they want to do is see physical cash, prolly count it and let you in. And as much as you will like to downplay that hotel reservation stuff, all POE officers want to be sure you planned your trip thoroughly and that includes accommodation.

In conclusion, remember you donot have any legal right whatsoever when it comes to being let into another man's territory. It is a privilege and not a right.

Steer clear from the French Embassy for now. Go to other places of interest till this whole thing dies down.
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 11, 2014
lake2:
(1) I was kept at the waiting room for days where I was given access to send/receive mails and fax documents to the police.
(2) I was able to get my bank statement through that,faxed it to the order police and nothing came out of it.
(3)I had the option of staying at the "waiting zone" for 16days after which I would be allowed entry into the french territory for a max of 8days or going back to my country anytime,I opted for the later.
(4) Technically, you can only be deported when you are in the territory, I was not allower entry.
(5)I went to the french embassy in Nigeria to make a representation only for my visa to be stamped "annuled" right there!
(6) I decided to come here for advise if it is right.
(7)You cannot get PTA, cash, if you have an "international" card ,trust me I know.
(cool About verifying, there are ATMs all over. I even checked my balance when I was leaving!
(9) My passport was stamped upon return.
(10) In sysnopsis, I feel they did these because they believe they can get away with it which is why I came here.

What is this one saying??
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by worry359(m): 9:26am On Nov 11, 2014
The bottom line is
You do not have a "right to enter" any country!
Anyone can be refused entry.
Stop crying and move on to try other (not Shengan) countries.
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by destante(f): 11:06am On Nov 11, 2014
what I don't get is why your visa was cancelled at the French embassy in Nigeria.
That could be unfair. But its their prerogative to take such decision I guess.
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
destante:
what I don't get is why your visa was cancelled at the French embassy in Nigeria.
That could be unfair. But its their prerogative to take such decision I guess.

Op is funny and untruthful.
Who deports a traveller without cancellation from the POE. I wonder what op meant by "you can only be deported wen u in the territory " maybe he doesn't know the issuing country can still cancel visa from even the WAiting room right der in the airport! !!!!
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by destante(f): 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
shidoshi:

Who deports a traveller without cancellation from the POE. I wonder what op meant by "you can only be deported wen u in the territory " maybe he doesn't know the issuing country can still cancel visa from even the WAiting room right der in the airport! !!!!
right!
Re: Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? by Miami11: 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
shidoshi:

Maybe he resisted so much, they had to ship him out as quick as they could without finishing formalities. My thing is his sence of entitlement assuming he knows where he should or should not be deported from,
This poster is lucky had it been US Poe he would be talking from some jail awaiting deportation and ten year ban or forever ban, Uk would put you under, knock you out with some meds until you wake up in Lagos,
Never act as if you resisting something or forcing yourself to someone's land, why did you run back to the embassy immediately. Put proper documents together and try another country you are not welcome to France right now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland In Glasgow / Holiday Rental In The US / People Have To Settle Down In The South East.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.