Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,714 members, 7,851,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

modifiedd - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / modifiedd (5304 Views)

Jonathan's Oil Revenue As Much As Yaradua, Obj, Abdusalami & Abacha Combined / President Jonathan's Foreign Trips Gulped 3.3billion Naira In 2012 Alone / Foreign Firms Take 43 Percent Of Nigeria’s Oil Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: modifiedd by ichidodo: 12:36am On Nov 11, 2014
I just hope perhaps inaddition to datolee's attention this get frontpage so the entire world can view the Op's foolish quest to tarnish earn money via his APC pay masters and also redeem his battered nairaland image after repeated pummellings by cerebral datolee...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
My Friend do you think the PM was talking about what the IOCs and Nigeria make in 2012 alone? It is like you don't know what IOCs make annually, please read their annual financial statement. The $100 billion dollars is for Nigeria alone. And you know what? Mr. Femi Aribasala, a Jonathanian Journalist wrote on it in November 2013

Click link to read the full article.
Don't go thinking you are arguing with kids on here mate. We are not unaware of how the business is operated don't you make that mistake. The country Nigeria doesn't own all the proceed from her oil export as she operates joint ventures with IOCs like Shell, AGIP, Chevron etc who share in the profit made. Even your prime minister knows that much. Now show me where he affirmed your lies that the total proceed from the oil export accrued to the Nigerian govt only.
Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: modifiedd by manny4life(m): 12:41am On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
Are you the government Spokesperson? Not even your Finance Minister, CBN Governor nor any NNPC Official refutes the claim. You are holding brief for the government like you have evidence to show Government 2012 Oil earning

Dude, quit your tantrum. I just gave you a simple scenario: Nigeria would have sold 2.6 million barrels / day at $110/barrel to gain such revenue. If you know Nigeria sold more than that amount daily or price of oil (Nigerian crude) was at $110 for $365 days ... PROVE IT.

The FG reserves the right to refute the claim or not: whatever action they decide, it doesn't make the bogus information correct.

3 Likes

Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
Read that Article of 2013. The Problem with people like you is that you are too quick to defend your Hero in Aso Rock.

I will keep giving you excerpts
Now answer this smart boy, do the IOCs share in proceeds from oil export or not?
What was Nigeria's total oil export in 2012 and what percentage of it went to the IOCs?
Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: modifiedd by manny4life(m): 12:48am On Nov 11, 2014
From EIA.Gov

http://www.eia.gov/countries/country-data.cfm?fips=ni#pet

Average daily production (not even export) of Nigerian crude was 2.37 million bpd
Re: modifiedd by manny4life(m): 12:49am On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
Your comment is mere assumption. A Financial Expert according to Mr. Femi Aribisala opined that it was possible that Nigeria make such a huge sum. Since the UK PM made that Speech at an Important event, neither has the FG nor her Agent gave a response.
The Silence of the Government simply means acceptance. If not, they would have put up a rebuttal. What we are all saying is that the government is Insincere and is shrouding so many things from us. Who would have known tha missing $20billion if not that Sanusi didn't raise Alarm? Before you refute, Madam Iwaela said it was $10 billion that was missing not $20 billion. This is to show that Nigerians are being shortchanged

So my comment is a mere assumption, but the financial expert isn't because he is an expert? Wonderful. Well, I refuse to buy into that "expert advisory". Show facts and figures and I will believe. Besides, the silence of the Nigerian govt isn't acceptance. The UK haven't accused Nigeria, the UK merely speculated what it thought people like will buy into. The Nigerian Govt can say anything it likes or hate about U.S., until the govt formally accuses the U.S. like it did in the arms deal, the U.S. doesn't have to respond to mere speculation. Anyway, I think I'm done.

3 Likes

Re: modifiedd by manny4life(m): 12:57am On Nov 11, 2014
@Barcanista,

May I humbly suggest you visit OPEC website to get more information on Nigeria's production and daily export activity. cool
Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 11, 2014
You are really on a long thing manny4life because this barcanista of a person will keep going round and round in circle.

Isn't clever that he could quote what the British PM had to say about Nigeria by carefully avoiding the preceding paragraph of the quote? I will bring it to his attention

I want this G8 to lead a big push for transparency across the developing world, and to illustrate why let me give you one example. A few years back a transparency initiative exposed a huge hole in Nigeria’s finances, an eight hundred million dollar discrepancy between what companies were paying and what the government was receiving for oil - a massive, massive gap. The discovery of this is leading to new regulation of Nigeria’s oil sector so the richness of the earth can actually help to enrich the people of that country

This means that there was corruption in the running of the oil sector in Nigeria which this government is clearing up and getting positive review!! Yet they will never talk about the achievement of this administration.

The average oil price in 2012 was about $84, how many barrels per day do we produce that we make this staggering $100 billion in a year?

In running a business, since when do revenue equal to profit? If Cameron has his fact, he should have said almost 100 billion, he should have stated the correct figure.. nearly 100 billion can be 60 billion or 99 billion

Sometimes it's really hard to understand the kind of reasoning these guy have...

6 Likes

Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: modifiedd by abacus(m): 2:16am On Nov 11, 2014
datolee:

This means that there was corruption in the running of the oil sector in Nigeria which this government is clearing up encouraging ...

Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2014
abacus:
He obviously didn't understand the part he quoted
Re: modifiedd by poiZon: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2014
omenka:
The reason why I don't subscribe to this line of argument is because the FG keep receiving a bigger chunk of our earnings. That is why they always receive a greater share of attention and criticism as regards financial prudence. If more powers are devolved to the respective states and we imbibe the principles of true federalism, everyone will look to their respective states to vent their frustrations as regards the lingering negative trends in the country.

Will be back tomorrow to finish this.

#eyes burn.

so is it the president's duty to devolve power to other tiers of govt or our honorable representatives?
Re: modifiedd by poiZon: 9:27am On Nov 11, 2014
APContherun:

You said it equals #16.8 trillion so I know how much it is.
Remove whatever the states and LGs collected out of that and let's question Jonathan on the balance. Your question in the opening comments makes it sound like the FG spent the whole lot.

na today I believe say barcanista na paid troll, imagine his myopic views on this issue. chai I weep for demdem.
Re: modifiedd by poiZon: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
@ APContherun But N8.8 trillion is a FAR cry from N16.8 trillion Naira that the country actually made in OIL Alone in 2012. This is a clear sign of FRAUD!!!
Federal Government has Shortchanged us.

It is a Simple Mathematics. The Governnent earned $100 billion (N16.8 trillion), but declared less than $55 billion (N8.8 trillion). This is a case of clear magomago

Omenka demdem Obiagelli what do you think?

we think u should go back to school, comprehension is ur big problem.
Re: modifiedd by EldaTimba(m): 9:50am On Nov 11, 2014
British PM said almost 100billion dollars were earned. This could mean 70 billion dollars. For example, when discussing about salaries, a man earning 70k is assumed to be earning 100k. This is a simple mathematics.

2. We should also know that the total earning is being mentioned here which include that of IOCs.

3. GEJ was commended by the pm for improvement in transparency meaning he is more transparent than his predessecors

finally, this topic is a bubble propaganda as you argue with "facts".

3 Likes

Re: modifiedd by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2015
Nigerians will soon Know after may 29th!

2 Likes

Re: modifiedd by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:30am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
Please I sincerely want to know what happened to the $100 billion that was made in Oil Revenue in 2012 Alone? Considering that the Government had to borrow more and deplete our reserves.

$100 billion = N16.8 trillion

Omenka egift Berem Obiagelli ibnsultan arewafederation

Buhari will unravel it! grin

3 Likes

Re: modifiedd by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:34am On Apr 30, 2015
Lalasticlala, front page o

1 Like

Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Buhari will unravel it! grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Lalasticlala.
Re: modifiedd by PassingShot(m): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Obiagelli:

cheesy cheesy
Una be trouble maker o grin grin grin grin

Just like me? shocked

1 Like

Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
Please I sincerely want to know what happened to the $100 billion that was made in Oil Revenue in 2012 Alone? Considering that the Government had to borrow more and deplete our reserves.

$100 billion = N16.8 trillion

Omenka egift Berem Obiagelli ibnsultan arewafederation

We need to know what this money was spent on. Thanks barcanista for the mention. grin

4 Likes

Re: modifiedd by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2015
Obiagelli:
Lalasticlala.
Lalasticlala grin grin tongue
Re: modifiedd by superstar1(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2015
You guys will not kill barcanista on NL.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: modifiedd by themilanway(m): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2015
Speaking from two sides of the mouth can be important and usefull atimes,in a time like this.

He should have honourably left Nairaland with his respect and intergrity intact.

Now his vomit keep jumping back into his leaky mouth.

He sold everything for what?

5 Likes

Re: modifiedd by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 30, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Berem my dear, it won't make front page. PDP is still spending on the social media.
Re: modifiedd by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2015
superstar1:
You guys will not kill barcanista on NL.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

I disagree! He raised a very important question and observation! It now behooves on the incoming administration to answer this question!

Thanks for the observation, barcansita!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is United In United Nations UN / The Hidden Kingdom Of Satan Disguised As Freemasonry And Zionism. / Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.