Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? (1821 Views)

How To Take Good Care Of Your Armpits / Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Armpits Naturally / Ok. Why Do Homebase Nigerians Guys Have Sweaty Armpits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 11, 2014
I have been wondering if anyone knows why you don't get any funny sensation when you tickle yourself under your armpits or on your neck or even between your ribs, but if someone else prods you at the same spots, you tend to laugh. What's the explanation for the different effects you get from other people doing it to you? Please, if you know why, let's learn from you, thanks.
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by DaBullIT(m): 5:26am On Nov 11, 2014
1supremo:
I have been wondering if anyone knows why you don't get any funny sensation when you tickle yourself under your armpits or on your neck, but if someone else prods you at the same spots, you tend to laugh. What's the explanation for the different effects you get from other people doing it to you? Please, if you know why, let's learn from you, thanks.

Its the connection / network
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Godfullsam(m): 5:28am On Nov 11, 2014
because opposite charge attracts while like charge repell.
because body nobi firewood lol
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 11, 2014
Godfullsam:
because opposite charge attracts while like charge repell.
because body nobi firewood lol

Why don't you feel a thing when you do it to yourself? Are you saying a man is opposite to another man, and a woman is opposite to another woman because regardless of the gender of the prodding fingers you get the same sensation? The only difference is if you use your own hands.
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by LORDI(m): 6:05am On Nov 11, 2014
I know somepeople who do not laugh at all when tickled,,but I guess it's nature,who am I to question nature?
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 11, 2014
LORDI:
I guess it's nature,who am I to question nature?

Who or what is nature? Who are you not to question nature? It's in the nature of humans to question natural occurrences to make their lives better; it's subhuman not to. If everyone doesn't bother to know why things happen the way they do, humans will still be hunting and gathering for subsistence.

Aircraft are made by people who probed into nature and understand why we naturally tend to fall and how that propensity can be overcome; I'm sure you enjoy the ride whenever you're soaring above the earth.
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by LORDI(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2014
1supremo:

Who or what is nature? Who are you not to question nature? It's in the nature of humans to question natural occurrences to make their lives better; it's subhuman not to. If everyone doesn't bother to know why things happen the way they do, humans will still be hunting and gathering for subsistence.

Aircraft are made by people who probed into nature and understand why we naturally tend to fall and how that propensity can be overcome; I'm sure you enjoy the ride whenever you're soaring above the earth.
totally true...u've educated me now,thanks.
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by donifez(m): 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
The both does not make me laugh.
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 12, 2014
I think it's psychological, not sure why but it seems the brain is conditioned that way over a period of time. I start laughing when I know I'm about to get tickled before the tickling starts, I even laugh harder if I try to run away and finally get caught lol
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
donifez:
The both does not make me laugh.
Noted! Do you know why many people react in that peculiar way?
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 14, 2014
xcelsia:
I think it's psychological, not sure why but it seems the brain is conditioned that way over a period of time.
My exact sentiments. I just want to know if there are established medical or psychological facts about it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by donifez(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
1supremo:

Noted! Do you know why many people react in that peculiar way?
If i tickle myself i don't laugh,so i told my self why should i laugh when someone else tickle me.....for me it is the way u condition your mind to work.
Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
1supremo:

My exact sentiments. I just want to know if there are established medical or psychological facts about it.
The main culprit here is conditioning. Think of Pavlovs dogs, right from infancy, we're conditioned to laugh when tickled. The cerebellum (part of the brain) already knows that you intend tickling yourself and it prepares itself to reject stimulus, the element of surprise is lost.

In the case of extremely ticklish people such as myself, we don't need the surprise, we are conditioned to start laughing immediately and most times before being tickled.

Hope this helps smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by stepo707: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2014
hmmmmn

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Laugh Only When Someone Else Tickles Your Armpits, But Not Yourself? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
Its the Mind.. Psychology.

It's the same that makes you hard when you touch a b00bs is the same fat dat you don't react to when you touch a fat gurl arms.

Its the mind

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Dangers Of Skin Bleaching / Confusion With O'tentika: Need Help Pls! / STRETCHING EXCERCISES THAT CAN MAKE U GROW TALLER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.