Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences (708 Views)

11/11: Share Your Secondary School Experience / It's 11 : 11 Share Your Experience Back Then In School / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences by briantext(m): 10:04am On Nov 11, 2014
As we all know,today 11-11 was one of the most memorable days in our life, mine was also memorable as well...
This was how today was in the past:
I attended Federal Government College Ikot Ekpene.
The school prohibited flogging but the senior students paid no attention,
On this day, we woke up by 4am,pray,bath,do hostel choirs and by 5:30am we'll lineup for our breakfast, from 5:30-7:00 that the morning loaf will arrive, we'll be given numbers by prefects inorder for them to know the number of people present, after break fast, we'll run to our class room, attend classes and dare not loiter around because you'll be punished by the prefect..
After classes by 2:30pm,we'll run to the dinner hall(you dare not walk behind a prefect) and line up infront of it for another set of number... After lunch, we'll be called to the end of the hall and some prefects will check the numbers they took and those that didn't take the number, we'll be flocked and punished severely.... After that, you rush to the hostel, take your nap, and by 4:00pm you'll go for prep class... After prep class by 5:00pm you run down to the field for manual labour with your cutlass and will be given a very large portion to cut under tight invigilation by the prefects, after that, by 6:00pm you go for your dinner, after dinner the prefects will call a specific class to the end of the hall and check their number(including the numbers they gave during labour) and those absent will be flogged or punished depending on the prefect checking it.... After dinner, you come for prep.. After prep you wash your clothes, play etc and by 10pm, is time for light out if your caught outside, "too bad for you"
Inside the hostel, the house captains and other senior students will flog everybody except the js1 students mercilessly after which youll be given another number to be checked another day....... It was fun though... This my experience was some years ago, as at now, there ia no more flogging and 11-11 is just a normal day for them
Drop the name of your school
And your experiences cheesy

Re: Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences by briantext(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2014
I hope you had fun
Re: Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences by Evicsholar(f): 11:26am On Nov 11, 2014
My Mum told a story of the riot that happened @ ibadan Grammer School 11-11 while she was in school in 1974 or so
Re: Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences by briantext(m): 11:44am On Nov 11, 2014
Evicsholar:
My Mum told a story of the riot that happened @ ibadan Grammer School 11-11 while she was in school in 1974 or so
Didn't you have any memorable experience on this date?
Re: Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences by moderatorr: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2014
hmmm I breathed heavily in the morning of 11-11-1973
Re: Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences by Adesam09(m): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
it was a very great day
a day I will never forget 11-11-2007
I woke up around six(06) am, I had a strange feeling that something will happen that day... The incident happened around 12:45, immediately after break time when our teacher came in and began to write on the board.. As I dipped my hand into me bag to bring out my pen I noticed it was wasn't there...
Lo and behold my PEN was gone...
I was really sad
Re: Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences by Evicsholar(f): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
briantext:

Didn't you have any memorable experience on this date?
Me? Nt really
Re: Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences by briantext(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
Adesam09:
it was a very great day
a day I will never forget 11-11-2007
I woke up around six(06) am, I had a strange feeling that something will happen that day... The incident happened around 12:45, immediately after break time when our teacher came in and began to write on the board.. As I dipped my hand into me bag to bring out my pen I noticed it was wasn't there...
Lo and behold my PEN was gone...
I was really sad
grin

(1) (Reply)

How SUBEB Rewards Winners At Her Annual Merit Award / Prepare Yourself For Exam Success! - Exambite / A Nairaland Ordeal In A Corrupted Plice Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.