Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,136 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:43 AM

How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? (5744 Views)

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by Kiinetic(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
Some minutes ago, I overheard two guys arguing about how long it takes to run a masters program in Nigerian Universities. One said it takes more than 2 years, while the other said it is usually done in a year.

I'll like to really know. Please how long does it really take to run a masters degree program in Nigeria, and I'll also like to know about that of the doctorate too.

Thank you.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by Kiinetic(m): 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Someone should answer nah.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by oluwatobi01(m): 6:28am On Nov 14, 2014
Msc 2yrs y Phd its 3-4 yrs,provided d person has no problem wth d sch n no strike action...Period...
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by Kiinetic(m): 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
oluwatobi01:
Msc 2yrs y Phd its 3-4 yrs,provided d person has no problem wth d sch n no strike action...Period...
Thanks bruh.

I can't believe it's that short. I mean the PhD. shocked
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by oluwatobi01(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
Yea,phd its 4yrs.However,if u meet a sadist supervisor dat 'll supervise ur project,he fit b 8yrs ooo..lol....

Datz y i don't plan 2 do my doctorate degree in 9ja,not at all...
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by kuchikau: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
oluwatobi01:
Yea,phd its 4yrs.However,if u meet a sadist supervisor dat 'll supervise ur project,he fit b 8yrs ooo..lol....

Datz y i don't plan 2 do my doctorate degree in 9ja,not at all...
...Phd 4yrs?? I beta run to d UK.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by Sageez(m): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
i tot masters was supos to b fr 12mnths?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by Richiez(m): 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
nice thread
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by Kiinetic(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
Thanks to all who have contributed.

Sorry I've been a bit inactive.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Run A Masters And Doctorate In Nigeria? by Kiinetic(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
Sageez:
i tot masters was supos to b fr 12mnths?
I don't think so, the least I've seen is 18 months. It may depend on the course or university.

(1) (Reply)

Cheeky School Girl Beats Up Her Principal In KZN / First Son Of Senator Bukola Saraki Graduated From London School (photos) / Which Course Almost Made You Sweat Like This Inside The Exam Hall (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.