Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma (7062 Views)

Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” / I Was Born Blind For 15 Nights - Chidinma Says / Nigerian Celebrities Whose Marriages Have Stood The Test Of Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by godsveryown(f): 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
Nigerian singer-songwriter, 2010 MTN Project Fame West Africa winner, Chidinma Ekile has revealed a story about her mum that will blow your mind.
Chidinma
The 24-year-old born singer popularly known by her stage name Chidinma, told a touching story of how she was born blind and how her mum was there to see her through.

This story was shared to promote her new song, Martha. The song is dedicated to her mum and caring for the blind.
The beautiful singer made known how she was blind at birth and could not see for a while. Read the story below:

”I was conceived and certified totally Blind at birth. For fifteen nights this woman held me in her hands and wept uncontrollably, with my father calling on God to bless newly born Chidinma with sight…. On the 16th day I opened my eyes…. And they been open ever since.. I was born a very fragile baby with some health conditions. Her prayers took it all away.

Today I dedicate my entire life selflessly and earnings to catering to visually impaired/blind people. Life is such a wonderful and colorful piece of art and it must feel like hell not to envision Gods creation. THE Mma Charity Foundation is my little giveback the world.

“The song MARTHA is dedicated to my mother Mrs Martha Ekile. I DECIDED To show my fans a different side to Chidinma, a side never revealed to so many, a side I will forever remain grateful and indebted to Father Lord for His miraculous interventions and guidance in my life.”

It would be recalled that just recently, the Popular music star came out to make her status with Nigerian Hip hop artist, Olanrewaju Ogunmefun popularly known as Vector tha Viper

NAIJ.COM

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by THUGLIFE101(m): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mind blowing indeed. Lemme comment in case
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Aizebioje(m): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
#justincase. "My mother said its not a do or die affair" and she went on to win the competition!!! S/O to all strong african mothers. You all are the greatest!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by DonaldGenes(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
Okay, iWish you all the BE$T in_your_endeavor Miss Kedike
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by stalicia(f): 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
wow, tnk God 4 her lyf , she'ld hav been chidinma d blind gel
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Andyblaze: 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2014

I like her charisma!!

Meanwhile something is going down in a few hours as the most romantic event on NAIRALAND ever... CLICK HERE TO BE PART OF IT

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by egopersonified(f): 10:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
And my aunties say babies dont see till they are a few weeks old. Abeg, let me google new born baby eyesights jare.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Profcamsey(m): 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
Like this post/comment if u love your Mother.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by englishmart(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
chidinma! If your mom doesn't care and stand by you when you were blind, who will?

There are only two people in this world.
my mom, then others smiley

1 Like

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by englishmart(m): 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Profcamsey:
Like this post/comment if u love your Mother.
niggas hunting for likes like their lives depend on it since 2005 cheesy

13 Likes

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Profcamsey(m): 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
englishmart:
nigga quotin me 4 likes like his graduation depends on it since 62BC

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by ilotriouzAY(m): 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hmmmmm

Abeg vote kiddablingzz for mr nairaland
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by englishmart(m): 11:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
Profcamsey:
nigga claiming I quoted him for likes since 2011

10 Likes

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by ReVizz(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
if she doesnt who will?
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by anytaij: 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
egopersonified:
And my aunties say babies dont see till they are a few weeks old. Abeg, let me google new born baby eyesights jare.
U seem not to understnd dis her eyes might me closed totally .new borns. Do open their eyes buh. Dey do not c anyth yet buh hers seems like it was totally closed.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
God bless my mum, AMEN
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by oluwadanie1(m): 11:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
Awwww, miss kedike, my crush.

GOD bless ur hustle and repay you in million folds jare
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Sijioke(m): 11:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
So u waited after 3 albums to sing a song for ur mum, thats unfair. I trust mafikizolo. Mama eeeeeee! Mama haaaaa. he he he.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Cpumping(m): 12:03am On Nov 12, 2014
It is her mom, she pretty much has no choice dan to stand by her.

S/O to all super moms. mine is indescribable. Amazing woman.

On a lighter note, lemme just book space firstly.
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by BarryX(m): 12:06am On Nov 12, 2014
Now my love for this lady just climbed up a cloud notch!

Sexiest petite alive grin
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by chibyksveejay(m): 12:19am On Nov 12, 2014
Front page thinz........ cheesy,Good thing I schooled in france

1 Like

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by djtommy(m): 12:21am On Nov 12, 2014
oluwadanie1:
Awwww, miss kedike, my crush

after i don marry her you go stop crushing
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 12, 2014
Her stage name would have been - Chidie Wonder. embarassed
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 12, 2014
My Mother my hero and my number one fan.
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by mesoade(m): 3:49am On Nov 12, 2014
englishmart:
Profcamsey:
englishmart:
nigga claiming I quoted him for likes since 2011
. . Ain't you two too old for this?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by mesoade(m): 3:51am On Nov 12, 2014
I love chindima more than the remaining female celebs . . Asha inclusive
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by owelle22(m): 4:19am On Nov 12, 2014
Sijioke:
So u waited after 3 albums to sing a song for ur mum, thats unfair. I trust mafikizolo. Mama eeeeeee! Mama haaaaa. he he he.

hahaha such a clown
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by jonesloaded(m): 4:46am On Nov 12, 2014
A 9JA CELEBRITY EXPOSES WHY HE SLEEPS IN A COFFIN http://jonesloaded.com/archives/2054

Visit www.jonesloaded.com for news and gist
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by seunlayi(m): 5:38am On Nov 12, 2014
o mama - may she live and continue to enjoy the fruit of her labor in Jesus name
Re: My Mum Stood By Me After I Was Born Blind - Chidinma by deebee13(f): 5:39am On Nov 12, 2014
Eeeeeya

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reekado Banks Acquires New 5oomillion House Picx + Party / Annie Idibia And Chika Ike Fought Over Billionaire Ned 7 Years Ago / Tacha Expose Chest To Celebrate Nigeria's Independence Day (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.