Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Abia 2015: Chief Victor Umeh Welcomes Ex-diamond Bank Md, Dr. Alex Otti To Apga - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abia 2015: Chief Victor Umeh Welcomes Ex-diamond Bank Md, Dr. Alex Otti To Apga (534 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Oti Ikomi Resigns As Keystone Bank MD / Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia 2015: Chief Victor Umeh Welcomes Ex-diamond Bank Md, Dr. Alex Otti To Apga by Tectono: 3:22am On Nov 12, 2014
ABIA 2015: CHIEF VICTOR UMEH WELCOMES EX-DIAMOND BANK MD, DR. ALEX OTTI TO APGA

Tectono Business Review has gathered that the immediate past Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc, Dr. Alex Otti on Tuesday, in Abuja, dumped the Peoples Democratic Party and picked the All Progressives Grand Alliance nomination form for the 2015 governorship elections in Abia State. We thought that for Dr. Otti to leave his juicy position in Diamond Bank to contest governorship election, he was sure of getting PDP ticket. It is graphical that APGA is not strong in Abia State. It will be a disaster if this man fails to win the governorship election.

Dr. Otti picked the APGA governorship nomination form after paying N2m for the expression of interest form and N10m for the nomination form at the APGA national headquarters. He premised his decision to join APGA on his strong belief in the party’s ideology and his determination to rescue Abia State from total collapse.

The ex-banker said, “I have left the PDP and to me, coming to APGA is like a homecoming. I like to use this opportunity to thank APGA leadership for warmly welcoming me to your office and welcoming me home. I have always said that APGA is not a political party but a religion for Nigerians, some of you will recall that when our national leader (Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu) died, we did everything to make sure that he was given a befitting burial. I was the Chairman of the finance sub-committee for the burial.” Wow!!! That’s very interesting. Dr. Otti has branded APGA a religion for Nigerians.

“I am very happy to be back home. We have a mission to take back our state and put it back on the part of progress and industrialisation. We have started that journey, we know that there is a whole lot we could do. When I look at Aba, I regret that I did not take this decision to serve my people (long ago). It is a great sacrifice for me to leave what I was doing until a few weeks ago. But it is not too late, we are here to win and we must win.”

The National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, while welcoming Oti to the party assured every aspirant on the party’s platform of a level playing field. According to him, APGA was determined to win more seats in next year’s general elections.

He said, “Oti has, after consultations, decided to come to APGA, the party on whose platform he would win the 2015 governorship election in Abia State. Let me, once more, welcome you to our national secretariat, I saw you in the PDP Secretariat not long ago. Their loss should be our gain.”

“We are very delighted to have you here and not only for announcing your resignation from the PDP but also joining APGA, a party which you have described as a movement for the people of Nigeria. I want to assure you that APGA is very happy to have you as a member. You are a distinguished Nigerian who has taken Diamond Bank to be one of the most formidable banks in Nigeria. Coming to us to contest for the governorship of Abia State is a huge relief as Abia needs a man that has the ability. We have been reading about the dilapidated state of infrastructure in Abia state and especially in Aba.”

APGA has rescheduled its activities for the conduct of its primaries to select its candidates for next year’s elections. Tectono Business Review wishes Dr. Alex Otti well as he prepares for the primary election.

Re: Abia 2015: Chief Victor Umeh Welcomes Ex-diamond Bank Md, Dr. Alex Otti To Apga by JOETYNO: 5:19am On Nov 12, 2014
If Only U can Renovate Abia(Aba) to a Diamond level, U gat my vote Sir!
Re: Abia 2015: Chief Victor Umeh Welcomes Ex-diamond Bank Md, Dr. Alex Otti To Apga by lightheart(m): 6:36am On Nov 12, 2014
Finally, someone to vote for!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

N250,000 Monthly / How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? / How To Discover Bedbugs In Your Homes, Offices, Hotels Etc By CHOGON FUMIGATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.