Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Warning To All Upcoming Movie Talents (artistes) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Warning To All Upcoming Movie Talents (artistes) (669 Views)

Any Upcoming Movie Auditions In Asaba? Pls Alert Me! / 50 Cent Loses Weight In His Upcoming Movie Pix / 50 Cent Lost A Lot Of Weight For His Upcoming Movie "things Fall Apart"pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To All Upcoming Movie Talents (artistes) by Dyoungstar: 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
From my experiences in the movie industry, I have discovered so many things that are done in the industry which are not industry ethical and encouraging to upcoming artistes.

This little experiences I am about to drop is to enable us peer into the industry as upcoming and aspiring artistes before fully delving into it.

1. Producers/directors place audition notices everywhere, knowing fully well that people would come, you go there and they'll audition you with an already shot script, giving you hopes of getting you on-screen, and in the end, they'll require you to pay; they call it registration fee. Believe me, it's a scam. No producer will require you to pay if they are genuine, they'll be the ones to pay you for your services.

2. So many fake directors and producers will go a long way by taking you to a proposed location after collecting your money, there they'll dump you, you feed with your money and even contribute to buying their so called location food. They'll take you out for shooting but they are never recording anything, most of them use Panasonic MD10,000 as their production cameras.

3. They most times secure menial jobs, collect the pay and use artistes to do the work in the name of shooting. You'll be working and they'll position a camera on you, you think you're shooting, not knowing they've planned with the job owners and use you to do the work.

4. They manipulate the female aspiring actresses who allow themselves to be used, molesting them and treating them bad.

5. At times, they'll come with proposals that you sponsor their projects and get a percentage share of the proceeds (this is seen when they know that someone in their camp is buoyant or his/her parents are well to do).

6. They brag too much and have nothing to offer. They'll tell you they know and have the contacts of all the top shots in the industry and even go a long way by using their pictures to convince and attract their victims.

7. They neither offer any contract form nor work-permit, therefore they're operating illegally.

There are more to say, but this few points should guide you as to what to do and how to go about it before falling into the wrong hands.

I once left home to Abuja for a movie auditioning; after every said and done, we were asked to pay 15,000 naira to be registered as artistes. I didn't pay but others paid though I went to location with them but the location was hell, so many girls got pregnant, some were raped. The boys were used to serve menial jobs, there was no food and the directors and producers ran away. I knew my way around, I wasn't much affected but the mofos from the north suffered, we had to resort to attending burial everyday before we could afford a meal, and thank God people were dying everyday, thereby providing us with means to eat. The artistes started stealing the villagers' properties. They were shamefully banished from the village; the girls used their bodies to raise funds to travel back. It wasn't a pleasant experience at all, since then I advise anyone who is craving to join entertainment industry to be wise and shines his/her eyes well.

Finally I travelled back home, I knocked at the gate, it took the gateman hours to recognize me, the worst of it was that my own dog I trained myself and fed did not recognize me at all, it barked at me like I was a ghost.

I hope this article helps you in your pursuit for career, Thanks.

Front Page, moderators!
Obinoscopy, Mukina2, Semid4lyfe, Twinstaiye, Briareos.

front page, please. Thanks.
Re: Warning To All Upcoming Movie Talents (artistes) by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
cheesy

Fp please.

Thanks Dyoungstar.
Re: Warning To All Upcoming Movie Talents (artistes) by prof800(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
good points you raised.
kudos.
Re: Warning To All Upcoming Movie Talents (artistes) by DanWrites(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dyoungstar:
...we had to resort to attending burial everyday before we could afford a meal, [s]and thank God people were dying everyday,[/s] thereby providing us with means to eat.
Edit.
Re: Warning To All Upcoming Movie Talents (artistes) by daveP(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Frontpage pls

so so true.

Who has heard about lastkobo- production?

(1) (Reply)

I'm Too Hot For Any Celebrity Especially Psquare / If You Haven't Seen These Movies? I Don't Know... / Funniest Club Scenes - When The Extras Are Dancing For Dear Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.