Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims (1055 Views)

gunners / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims by baseg25(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
A new book based on interpretations of ancient texts features an explosive claim: Jesus Christ married Mary Magdalene, and the couple had two children.
In “The Lost Gospel,” set for release Wednesday, authors Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson argue that the original Virgin Mary was Jesus’ wife – not his mother – and that there was an assassination attempt on Jesus’ life 13 years before he was crucified.
The writers say they spent six years working on the book. Their arguments are based on an ancient manuscript dating back nearly 1,500 years, one they say they found in a British library, translating the text from an Aramaic dialect into English.
Mark Goodacre, a professor of religious studies at Duke University, is skeptical of the book’s findings.
“I don’t think that there is any credibility in these claims at all,” Goodacre said. “There is simply no evidence in this text or anywhere else that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene, much less that they had a couple of children.”
This is not the first assertion that Jesus was married. A fragment of an ancient Egyptianpapyrus known as the “Gospel of Jesus’s Wife” was unveiled in 2012, containing the phrase “Jesus said to them, ‘My wife,” although the document was written centuries after Jesus died.
The 2003 novel “The Da Vinci Code” by Dan Brownalso highlighted the possibility of Jesus’ having been married to Mary Magdalene.
so bible scholars on Nairaland what do you think about this?

Source : m.nydailynews.com/news/world/jesus-married-mary-magdalene-fathered-2-children-book-article-1.2006454
Re: Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims by RotrEmmanuel: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Jesus being a man would have had a pennis and I'm sure they do stand erect when ladies pass. I'm sure Christians will agree with me that Jesus did shitt and urinate,so he must have had a wife too. If we wanna go further,the marriage at Canaan was his wedding.
Re: Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims by Akwaowoa(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
every1 is silent! @op all i can say is this! 1stly, if the manuscript is just 1500 yrs old, then it must have been written about 500CE. the last apostle who walked and lived with Jesus (john) died about 96 CE. moreover apostacy was in full force by about 300CE. hence its clear the manuscript was written during a time when falsehood was rampant. its nt surprising that such stories can b found there and nowhere else in other books of the bible!
2ndly, when John wrote the last book, he made clear nothing will b added, nor anyword b removed.
3rdly, how come the gospels by the well known and verified apostles tells of the marriage he attended in cana, and the future marriage in heaven, yet will ommit his own marriage.
well lets think. as for me i see the manuscript, as one of satans early work, after the demise of the apostles

1 Like

Re: Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims by baseg25(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
ifeness:
Jesus being a man would have had a pennis and I'm sure they do stand erect when ladies pass. I'm sure Christians will agree with me that Jesus did shitt and urinate,so he must have had a wife too. If we wanna go further,the marriage a Canaan was his wedding.
hmm,
Re: Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Fathered 2 Children, New Book Claims by hahn(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
Akwaowoa:
every1 is silent! @op all i can say is this! 1stly, if the manuscript is just 1500 yrs old, then it must have been written about 500CE. the last apostle who walked and lived with Jesus (john) died about 96 CE. moreover apostacy was in full force by about 300CE. hence its clear the manuscript was written during a time when falsehood was rampant. its nt surprising that such stories can b found there and nowhere else in other books of the bible!
2ndly, when John wrote the last book, he made clear nothing will b added, nor anyword b removed.
3rdly, how come the gospels by the well known and verified apostles tells of the marriage he attended in cana, and the future marriage in heaven, yet will ommit his own marriage.
well lets think. as for me i see the manuscript, as one of satans early work, after the demise of the apostles

Can you imagine? These people are trying to make us believe that Jesus got blow-jobs and probably came in her mouth while she swallowed.

Hmmm, na wa ooo

(1) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: Our Choices Determine Our Future / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/11/15 / Where Do Mad People Go When They Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.