Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) (4619 Views)

A Breakdown On 50 Cent's Bankruptcy Filing. (warning: A Long Read) / After So Long, Omawumi Shares Photos Of Her Daughter And Baby Daddy / Why We Have Been Away For So Long —danfo Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Mountain Black and Mad Melon used to be on any
music lovers lip those days when they released
their hit song "Danfo Drivers" but all of a sudden
we just didn't hear about them any more..In a
recent interview with Vanguard, The music duo
talked about why they have been away for so long
They said
"No, we didn’t split, we only quarrelled, but we are
still together. And we are still alive, so, no shaking.
What actually happened was that we went to
school to further our education because we believe
education is the key to ultimate success.Also,
we’ve been going round for musical tour; first one
was in Mali, followed by another one in
Portharcourt. We also performed during the
Portharcourt carnival.Presently, we are fully back
to the music scene and very soon we will be
dropping our new album and that will be in two
months’ time as we are still working on it.They
also blamed their former label saying.....
Another reason we decided to stop recording
was because our record label, Cornerstone
Entertainment, which was supposed to be
promoting us were not doing so at all. They
were not promoting our works and we were
not getting any measurable exposure. This
made some of our songs not to be released.
The only song we did that made it was the
‘Danfo Driver’. Apart from ‘Danfo Driver’,
none of our other songs was promoted. This
got our fans thinking we have quit music"

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by naturally: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
Suo

Shebi you be danfo driver, suo? You are a danfo driver suo. Welcome back

I know zulezu will also come back one day

1 Like

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Goanddie(f): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
see their faces like two little dogs

2 Likes

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by pweetixandy: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
For una mind,ur days of glory are far gone mehn..do they even knw what it means to go on tour ? Music evolves and they failed to go with the flow

1 Like

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by drizslim(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
If They want To Come Back To Music, They Should Start With Applying For P-Square Bouncers undecided

2 Likes

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Afrok(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Now wey govt don replace danfo with brt buses, I wonder wetin Una go use sing this time undecided may be keke napep shocked. All the same they're welcome to the industry where Olamide, Phyno, Aye, Are U gonna dance, P-square have taken over wink.
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
Somebody read and summarize please.
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Kenzico(m): 1:05am On Nov 13, 2014
They look so fat unlike back in d days wen ϑε̲̣̣̣y looked so thin on their baggy jeans lolzzz
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by armadeo(m): 1:37am On Nov 13, 2014
charix:
Somebody read and summarize please.

In summary they are no longer danfo drivers.

PS download an e book on speed reading.

Thank me later
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 13, 2014
armadeo:

In summary they are no longer danfo drivers.

PS download an e book on speed reading.

Thank me later

Lol. I'd summarize a long post to show you an example.

[EDIT]

https://www.nairaland.com/1992688/etcetera-talks-big-brother-africa#27939784

No need to learn speed reading if someone else can help read and summarize wink.
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 13, 2014
pweetixandy:
For una mind,ur days of glory are far gone mehn..do they even knw what it means to go on tour ? Music evolves and they failed to go with the flow
aunty u wicked o *buf ur eyes ar lovely sha*

1 Like

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by MisterLongman(m): 5:33am On Nov 13, 2014
Everybody get their own time. Unless they upgrade like oritsefemi, they shouldn't bother
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by englishmart(m): 5:54am On Nov 13, 2014
they went to further their education, so that they can become politicians in the nearest future

Say president and running mate grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by goodygirl1(f): 7:06am On Nov 13, 2014
Goanddie:
see their faces like two little dogs
u wicked ooo....u didn't even pity their condition wink

1 Like

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by dew1: 7:50am On Nov 13, 2014
they've been on tour?
What songs have they been performing??
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by ninovandross(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2014
MisterLongman:
Everybody get their own time. Unless they upgrade like oritsefemi, they shouldn't bother
omo bro true talk oh, even Pasuma don dey wear blings d industry don evolve sha
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by pweetixandy: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2014
pwreshbawz:
aunty u wicked o *buf ur eyes ar lovely sha*
lol...m not wicked jor. Thanks sha wink
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by macklef(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
MisterLongman:

Did oritsefemi upgrade? Mr one hit wonder never upgraded o. He just found d best tune for dat fella makeover.
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by macklef(m): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
dew1:
they've been on tour?
What songs have they been performing??

Heheheh. I tire o.
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by udemedia1: 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
They are welcome back. .

Hmm
CHIKA IKE Nu,de pics HAVE LEAK ONLINE CHECK IT OUT ON FACEBOOK

check it HERE
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by cirmuell(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
naturally:
Suo

Shebi you be danfo driver, suo? You are a danfo driver suo. Welcome back

I know zulezu will also come back one day
One of them is back, they split.
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by danielubi(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
grin. Op I saw this dude last week in my area one of them I can't really differentiate them he was siting out side is wife's beer palour. I even holla @the nigga 2 confirm lol market don change baba don b sales boy for him wife hahahaha grin 9ja music on a higher level
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
danielubi:
grin. Op I saw this dude last week in my area one of them I can't really differentiate them he was siting out side is wife's beer palour. I even holla @the nigga 2 confirm lol market don change baba don b sales boy for him wife hahahaha grin 9ja music on a higher level
Bros u wicked gan oo
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
pweetixandy:
For una mind,ur days of glory are far gone mehn..do they even knw what it means to go on tour ? [b]Music evolves and they failed to go with the flow [\b]
Never liked their music. Not even close. Care to explain the highlighted? Especially the "music evolves" part.

1 Like

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by pweetixandy: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
CoolHunk:

Never liked their music. Not even close. Care to explain the highlighted? Especially the "music evolves" part.
if u listen to music from early 2000s till now,d sounds have been changing. Danfo drivers thought their kind of music wld stay for longer so they still continued singing their rubbish
Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
pweetixandy:
if u listen to music from early 2000s till now,d sounds have been changing. Danfo drivers thought their kind of music wld stay for longer so they still continued singing their rubbish
Spot-on. The one hit syndrome. Pity though.

1 Like

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Remember Danfor Drivers? Here Is Why They Have Been Away For So Long (read) by Lilspicer(f): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Disone na story for babalawo..I dey kum mak I go collect money for naira b**

(1) (Reply)

Denrele Wired Dressing At AMVCA 2016 (photos) / Who The Richest Among Cubana Chief Priest, Obi Cubana And E-money? / Omotola Ekeinde & Her Daughter, Battle For Sexiest Woman In Birthday Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.