Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,764 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Should I Get Angry Or Not? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Get Angry Or Not? (3556 Views)

Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' / I'm Not Temperamental But When I Get Angry, I Turn The Whole Place Upside Down / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get Angry Or Not? by walearoy(m): 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place.

On saturday 15/11/14 I would be having my Msc Convocation ceremony at ibadan.

I am that kind of person who like to have friends and family around to join the celebration and snap picture.

Most of my friends would be present but the only brother I have won't reason being he said he wants to go and meet his girlfriends parents.

I convinced him that it can be shifted while my convocation cannot but he remained adamant.

Now my question is should I get angry with him or just let it pass?

NB
He also missed my matriculation and Bsc Convocation
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Cikoloko(m): 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hmmm congrats its ur day dnt let anyone spoil it, www just wish him luck enjoy ur day he still ur bro anger wouldn't help it will only destroy so dude grin ;Congrats
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Cholls(m): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
My brother i see u just go school but u no get wisdom no offense. Angry bcuz ur brother is moving on in life pls pls grow up brother cry

4 Likes

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by walearoy(m): 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
Cholls:
My brother i see u just go school but u no get wisdom no offense. Angry bcuz ur brother is moving on in life pls pls grow up brother cry

Mr Wisdom cholls
Do u have a family?
Its nt his wedding its just a bloody meeting with her parents which can be shifted.
Anyways thanks for your wisdom

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by SirHouloo(m): 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Can you tell me if his presence makes any difference? Just free the guy. He is old enough to choose between good and bad.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Pdizzle(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
Don't force him, just let him know after the convo that you're not happy with him. He can still get back to his senses.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 13, 2014
walearoy:

Mr Wisdom cholls
Do u have a family?
Its nt his wedding its just a bloody meeting with her parents which can be shifted.
Anyways thanks for your wisdom
Oga,would you leap for joy if your gf looks you in the face and says "not following you to see your parents today because,my sister is having her convo and besides,it's just a bloody seeing of your parents"

3 Likes

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2014
Basically, you're asking if your anger is justifiable. You and I both know you're already angry. grin

Did he know of your convocation prior to his arrangement with his in-laws?

If your answer is NO, then your anger is NOT justifiable. He has to live his life too, he can always make it up to you another way.

If YES, then I understand your anger. Express your feelings to him and let him know you're hurt, then walk it off. Let this serve as a learning/sign of what the future is going to look like because when your brother gets married, his wife and kids are going to be his first priority. You would always play second fiddle to them.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2014
D guy no do well at all.
Haba!
Is it not this same guy that will follow him to go and marry d said lady?

From d look of things, they r brothers yet not close.
Dear, endure. Its one of such things.
All man to imself.
And don't take it out on d lady.non of her biz

Don't let it dull ur day. Congratulations in advance. We r there with u in spirit.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by DesChyko: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2014
Well, no matter how evil this sounds, Blood is thicker than Water; Love is thicker than Blood.

I'm not saying it's the best he could do, but if it were me and she was my future, I would go see her parents, and look for a way to compensate you.

Hell, we could settle our differences over a bottle of beer later, brother.

If he's your elder brother and is still unmarried even after your Masters, you should drive him o his girlfriend's parents' place first even.

Congratulations man.. And visit your girlfriends' parents too..on his wedding day.. Hehehe #evil wink#
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by walearoy(m): 11:39am On Nov 13, 2014
Odilafta:

Oga,would you leap for joy if your gf looks you in the face and says "not following you to see your parents today because,my sister is having her convo and besides,it's just a bloody seeing of your parents"
@Odilafta I will not get angry if meeting my parents can be shifted

@BananaBender yes I'm angry and want to know if its worth my anger or not I told him abt 2 months ago nd meeting her parents I learnt was concluded last week

@moca I'll try not to take it out on her

@
DesChyko I'll do just that 'visit my gfriends parents on his wedding'
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by oghenedorosteve: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
My broda,allow dat guy do him thing,no be one man roof rain dey fall.Just b happy on ur day becos dat day meaings alot to u than to him.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
walearoy:

@Odilafta I will not get angry if meeting my parents can be shifted

@BananaBender yes I'm angry and want to know if its worth my anger or not I told him abt 2 months ago nd meeting her parents I learnt was concluded last week

@moca I'll try not to take it out on her

@
DesChyko I'll do just that 'visit my gfriends parents on his wedding'
Not a healthy approach. U r already planning for a revenge?
Oh common, can't u be d big guy and show maturity?
And u r already "hating d gal"

Well, ur choice.
All d same, congrats.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
You are very selfish and entititled
So the whole world should stop because you want to take picture.
Oya be angry and burst

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by freecocoa(f): 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
OP, why should you be angry? Your brother has his life to live too you know? His fiancée is going to be a wife who will most likely take priority in his life soon, there will be other occasions for you to spend time together taking pictures, his wedding ceremony is one, you don't expect him to cancel on his prospective in-laws who probably canceled their plans to meet him, no na, that's not cool.

Think about it na.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Op how old are you ? Why would a supposed holder of a msc be this fickle minded ? You need to learn how to face life alone bro. I bet you still stay with ur parents and they probably still boil ur bathe water for you ba ? Oya start making a list of all the times he has offended you na atleats you mentioned he missed ur matriculation , bsc convo abi ? Grow up joor.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
Its your day, let the main focus be on you. Don't angry even though he is not being fair.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
I can understand your disappointment but don't let anyone who doesn't want to be there destroy this day for you.

Focus on the people who show love and ignore the rest. wink
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by walearoy(m): 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate!

My conclusion is

1. I don't have a right to be angry but I have to let him know my displeasure
2. I should not hate the lady
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by emmanok24(m): 7:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Don't be angry joor! He's planning towards attending your INAUGURAL LECTURE! grin
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by walearoy(m): 7:41am On Nov 14, 2014
emmanok24:
Don't be angry joor! He's planning towards attending your INAUGURAL LECTURE! grin

Hahahahaha

He should have said so
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2014
One of the things I have learnt is never to expect from people. Because all these sense of entitlement is what makes people angry. He is my bro he is supposed to be there for me or she is this why will she do that?

Though as humans, we are inclined to expect especially from friends and family but we should tune our mind to 50-50. Since he wants to go allow him. Just be happy for yourself that you are making progress in your life.

This should be an eye opener to things that may come in the future. If I were to be the lady, if the introduction can be fixed another day. I will gladly shift it so that both of us can attend your convocation.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Dheartless: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
I do to others what I will have them do to me.

I pay others in their own coin and I expect them not to get angry at that.

if I was in your brother's shoes, I would have gone with you to your Msc celeb.
considering the fact I was told 2 months before time and also1month and 3 weeks before my decision to when to see my girls parents.

if I was in your shoes I wouldn't let his decision be an hinderance to our brotherly relationship and I wount let it also affect my relationship with the girl.
BUT I must surely give him a taste of his action, without any show of resentment.

lastly he might not have meant to do anything to hurt your feelings (consider your decisions wisely, you know him better what he is capable of doing and what he is not)

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by walearoy(m): 5:26am On Nov 15, 2014
Icherishu:
One of the things I have learnt is never to expect from people. Because all these sense of entitlement is what makes people angry. He is my bro he is supposed to be there for me or she is this why will she do that?

Though as humans, we are inclined to expect especially from friends and family but we should tune our mind to 50-50. Since he wants to go allow him. Just be happy for yourself that you are making progress in your life.

This should be an eye opener to things that may come in the future. If I were to be the lady, if the introduction can be fixed another day. I will gladly shift it so that both of us can attend your convocation.

Thank you ma'am
I don't blame the lady at all, I blame my brother.

I'll just enjoy ma self!

Wish me a happy convocation!
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 15, 2014
It's understandable why you might be upset over this. His presence there would mean a lot to you, but he doesn't seem to care enough to want to be there. He had enough time to plan, as you've told him two months ago. There's no excuse why he had to schedule meeting his gf's parents on the exact same day as your convocation. He clearly wasn't interested in attending your event, period. Since he also missed your matriculation and BSc convocation, if he really wanted to attend this one, show his support as a brother and share your joy with you, he would've created the time for you.

I don't know what your r/ship with him has been like. Has anything happened between the two of you? It doesn't have to be recent, it could be something that happened long ago that he's still housing and grudging over. You might not be aware that he has these feelings. Are you doing better than him in any way? I just think there's more to this. Anyway, there's no point in getting angry. You are both adults and have the right to live your lives the way you want. In this life, no one owes you anything, zilch. You are doing well for yourself; keep it up.

Enjoy your convocation today and good luck!
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
Icherishu:

Should women have any mind or any iota of respect or should they just twist bend and even disrespect their own parents to do eye service for their in laws, friends etc?
A girl has told her parents her suitor is coming, father and mother have cancelled all their existing appointments, made arrangements then the girl should go and tell her parents that sorry oh he wont come again, i want to follow him do eye service and snap picture his almighty brother is convocating. Feel free to cancel another day and wait when he doesnt have any family or friends doing something i need to do eye service for.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
^^what r u saying?
Something must have been going on btw these two else I see no reason why he should not go and celebrate with d bro.
This is something people has to cross continent to go and celebrate with their loved ones. It can't be shifted. Alas, he was informed two months earlier.
This always means a lot to d celebrant.

Yes, even if his intro fall in that day and he didn't know, he can shift it.
If I'm d lady, these r d kind of things I will look out for. Fixing his intro on d same day his bro is doing his convoc can make me cancel d marriage. It tells a lot about that man.period.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
aisha2:

Should women have any mind or any iota of respect or should they just twist bend and even disrespect their own parents to do eye service for their in laws, friends etc?
A girl has told her parents her suitor is coming, father and mother have cancelled all their existing appointments, made arrangements then the girl should go and tell her parents that sorry oh he wont come again, i want to follow him do eye service and snap picture his almighty brother is convocating. Feel free to cancel another day and wait when he doesnt have any family or friends doing something i need to do eye service for.
Aisha according to the bro. This is an informal introduction o. Not a fix one. Moreover he said this convocation has been fixed before the introduction. To me isn't an eye service. It is just following voice of reason
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
walearoy:

Thank you ma'am
I don't blame the lady at all, I blame my brother.

I'll just enjoy ma self!

Wish me a happy convocation!
Wish you more than happy convocation. Go and enjoy yourself. Just realised that you can't always count on him when once he is married.

Moreover let me ask. Is he educated? Are you doing better than him in anyway? Just asking.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by walearoy(m): 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
Icherishu:

Aisha according to the bro. This is an informal introduction o. Not a fix one. Moreover he said this convocation has been fixed before the introduction. To me isn't an eye service. It is just following voice of reason

Thank you for the response.

Its all over now, had the ceremony and it went well.

Thank you guys

Mods,
Pls help close the thread.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
walearoy:

Thank you for the response.

Its all over now, had the ceremony and it went well.

Thank you guys

Mods,
Pls help close the thread.
Good to hear that. Congratulations once again.
Re: Should I Get Angry Or Not? by walearoy(m): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2014
Icherishu:

Wish you more than happy convocation. Go and enjoy yourself. Just realised that you can't always count on him when once he is married.

Moreover let me ask. Is he educated? Are you doing better than him in anyway? Just asking.

Yes he's educated,
No I'm not doing better than him Financially

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Govt. Denies Report On Alleged Stoppage Of Issuance Of Birth Certificates / This man can never cheat on his wife....see how excited he is, Very hilarious / //////////////////////////////////

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.