Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty (1129 Views)

Wow! Neymar And Co. Set To Visit Nigeria / What Went Wrong? Suarez, Neymar And Lionel Messi Yet To Click / Jelks, Okagbare Shine For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by Preciy8(m): 3:40am On Nov 13, 2014
http://flybarca..com/2014/11/just-too-good-neymar-and-messi-on.html

Once again, the wonderful duo of Neymar and Messi are taking over the headlines as both stars were on target for their respective nations on international duty.
Neymar scored twice in Brasil's 4-1 win over Turkey. The brace takes the Selecao skipper up to 42 goals in just 59 appearances for the national side, and the Barcelona forward has also netted 10 times in La Liga this term.
Asked if he was in the best run of form in his career, the 22-year-old toldGlobo: "I think so! It's another country and another stadium to keep in my heart.
"I didn't expect this, I couldn't be happier, but I always want more and I don't want to remain at this level. Thigs are flowing now.
"We have great players, not only with the Selecao but in Brazil as a whole. Players keep coming in and coming out but we never lose rhythm. We were great out there tonight."
Neymar's brace coupled with an own goal by Semih Khaya and a strike from Willian saw the selecao register their 5th win without conceding.
On the other hand, Argentina skipper Lionel Messi produced a scintillating display as he helped his side to a 2-1 win over 'Rakiticless' Croatia at Upton Park.
Yeah, you have the right to be surprised seeing Messi at Upton Park but it was all real in there. The Barcelona talisman even grabbed a goal from the penalty spot to clinch a 2-1 win for Argentina against a Croatian team who left out most of its top stars.

For Latest News And Interesting Articles About Your Favourite Club 'FC Barcelona', Visit flybarca..com

1 Like

Re: Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2014
Neymar will soon over take Messi in international goals scored at such a young age. This is a football hero in the making.

2 Likes

Re: Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by Goke7: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Neymar will soon over take Messi in international goals scored at such a young age. This is a football hero in the making.

I think barcelona should sell messi and let Neymar be their focal point now with suarez support, I think that will be the best way for barcelona to revive their form which makes teams so wary of barcelona years ago, if not some big clubs will come again to Pry Neymar away if messi continues to be the god in barca, they should learn their lessons from the losses of ibrahimovich, sanchez, fabregas and yaya toure who are now major influences in their current clubs

2 Likes

Re: Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:53am On Nov 13, 2014
Goke7:

I think barcelona should sell messi and let Neymar be their focal point now with suarez support, I think that will be the best way for barcelona to revive their form which makes teams so wary of barcelona years ago, if not some big clubs will come again to Pry Neymar away if messi continues to be the god in barca, they should learn their lessons from the losses of ibrahimovich, sanchez, fabregas and yaya toure who are now major influences in their current clubs
I think working together would be beneficial for Barca. However, a 4-3-3 formation with Neymar, Suarez and Messi working together could be the deadliest attack in the game today.

1 Like

Re: Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by Goke7: 11:07am On Nov 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I think working together would be beneficial for Barca. However, a 4-3-3 formation with Neymar, Suarez and Messi working together could be the deadliest attack in the game today.

Yes but the problem has always been looking for messi to decide which way to go unlike what you have in Real madrid where Ronaldo is no longer becoming the focal point like before. If barca does not make adjustments, Neymar may soon be frustrated like others who have left the club. Barca with Neymar, suarez and messi shouldn't have been beaten with the way Madrid hammered them, they were even lucky not to have conceeded six on the night. The three were anonymous in the second half.

2 Likes

Re: Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2014
Goke7:

Yes but the problem has always been looking for messi to decide which way to go unlike what you have in Real madrid where Ronaldo is no longer becoming the focal point like before. If barca does not make adjustments, Neymar may soon be frustrated like others who have left the club. Barca with Neymar, suarez and messi shouldn't have been beaten with the way Madrid hammered them, they were even lucky not to have conceeded six on the night. The three were anonymous in the second half.
Neymar and Messi started well. The team went long without conceding goals. It was unfortunate Coach Enrique brought back Suarez at the wrong time.

He had not blended with the team. In the last match, Suarez looked comfortable and at home.

I see them making it together.

2 Likes

Re: Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Neymar and Messi started well. The team went long without conceding goals. It was unfortunate Coach Enrique brought back Suarez at the wrong time.

He had not blended with the team. In the last match, Suarez looked comfortable and at home.

yes oh...they have team work mindset...neymar is second on la liga top scorers with 12 goals in 14 appearances in all competitions
He scored the best placed goal against psg....why would he be frustrated according to the guy u quoted?
Even Messi said Neymar will be the best in the world...he is just 22.
Messi has the pressure off his shoulders now, he doesnt have to do those runs again, he just nids to give a scintillating pass to neymar or suarez to get the job done.

You will see what am saying he breaks the la liga and uefa record, he would just do what ronaldinho did to him...

Re: Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by Goke7: 11:41am On Nov 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

Alright we'll see how it goes but the focus should reduce on messi especially with suarez now in the mix, real madrid has done this successfully with James rodriguez now in the mix despite the sale of di maria, they are now reaping the full potentials of a benzema and an additional chicarito who people felt was finished at man u, that is the fruit of excellent team work rather than making a player a thin god. I wish barca all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Just Too Good: Neymar And Messi Shine On Internattional Duty by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2014
Goke7:

Alright we'll see how it goes but the focus should reduce on messi especially with suarez now in the mix, real madrid has done this successfully with James rodriguez now in the mix despite the sale of di maria, they are now reaping the full potentials of a benzema and an additional chicarito who people felt was finished at man u, that is the fruit of excellent team work rather than making a player a thin god. I wish barca all the best.
yes...messi should just stick to his playmaking role and thats what he is doing.
Thats why i rate him over ronaldo anyday because of he is an attacking hybrid.

(1) (Reply)

Sammy Ameobi Makes EPL Young Team Of The Season / Best Selling Electronic Television At Affordable Price / Late Shuaib Amodu Signing Late Stephen Keshi Condolence Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.