Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno (1797 Views)

Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / Boko Haram Captures Askira Town In Borno State / Troops Kill 200 Boko Haram Members In Askira Uba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by taiwoflb: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
AN EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT
"Yesterday, in the evening, we started witnessing strange people among us, but they did not touch anyone. However, we discover this morning that most of them came in with guns. That was when we realized they were Boko Haram members who came to take over the town. We ran to Lassa, but we discovered that, we were running into them. This is because all the surrounding areas have been taken over by the insurgents. So, we decided to run to Maiduguri. I believe more people are on their way here.” She said.

Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1300-boko-haram-invades-askira-wamdiyo-in-borno
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by ibe9ja: 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
There is war in the north and some southerners are still there. As big as Naija... I really don't get it.
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by mrvitalis(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
indeed there was a country
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by cegxie(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
There will still be a country

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by taiwoflb: 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
mrvitalis:
indeed there was a country

Nigeria may soon lose those 3 states entirely
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by ziky2010(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
I am just tired of posting comment dat has to do with boko haram
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by wordcat(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
For those who serves Allah, let his wish be done upon them.
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by wordcat(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
cegxie:
There will still be a country

This time, it will be many countries grin
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by taiwoflb: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
ziky2010:
I am just tired of posting comment dat has to do with boko haram

Guy no be only you o.
It's like they are just having a free ride
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by datbay(m): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
This also shall pass
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by okpismart: 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
I pray so o my brother
datbay:
This also shall pass
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by cegxie(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
wordcat:

This time, it will be many countries grin

Six countries to be precise!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by oduastates: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
The terrorist are tactically "out-witting" the military.
They are spreading the war and picking at weak points so as to make the military spread their resources thin.
Instead of the army to take the initiative, they are reacting instead of acting.
In short boko harem is beating the drum and the Nigerian army is dancing.
My instincts tell me that their immediate target remains Maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by okpismart: 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
oduastates:
The terrorist are tactically "out-witting" the military.
They are spreading the war and picking at weak points so as to make the military spread their resources thin.
Instead of the army to take the initiative, they are reacting instead of acting.
In short chili harem is nearing the drum and the army is dancing.
My instincts tell me that their immediate target remains Maiduguri.

exactly. Once they overthrow Borno, it will be a much more bloody fight

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by Frankenstein: 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
taiwoflb:
AN EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT
Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1300-boko-haram-invades-askira-wamdiyo-in-borno
Always use a map for better understanding. How close is this Askira to Maiduguri?
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by clara472: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Frankenstein:
Always use a map for better understanding. How close is this Askira to Maiduguri?

you de fear? are you still in Maiduguri?
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by clara472: 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
Frankenstein:

Just used GOOGLE MAP TO DIG IT UP.

Its a 2hr 15mins drive to maiduguri according to Google map. The map will show you

Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by VirginFinder: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
I hope it's not true.
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by Frankenstein: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
clara472:

Just used GOOGLE MAP TO DIG IT UP.

Its a 2hr 15mins drive to maiduguri according to Google map. The map will show you

2 hours is too close. Wow!
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
I'm shocked it took you so long to realize they were terrorists.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by ichidodo: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
We just might be about to witness another Mubi moment on Maiduguri in the next few days...
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
looks like BH have moved out of simbisa and mandara mountains and cannot go back ,so the when you displace them from one town they move to another.this might prove to be their undoing.
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by politricks: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
GEJ till Nigerians wake up.
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by pomporiking: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
What exactly is the air force doing in this warthey are meant to be giving bh sleepless nights
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by AustineE1: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
There is a difference between taken over a town and retreating into a town for safety,they ve nt shot at people,according to the report,it means they are running away from a greater force(Nigeria Army) and they may wish to melt into the populace as civilians!I can tell you that Sambisa is right about now almost being surrounded by Nigerian and international forces,though very extensive mass of land and very difficult to manoeuver,the military are doing a lot and aerial surveillance is going on...but i also wish government shld recall about 28 thousand Nigerian military men on foriegn mission,to make up for the required foot soldiers needed to wipe away these sons of devil from the surface of the earth.
God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Invades Askira, Wamdiyo In Borno by clara472: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
taiwoflb:

Nigeria may soon lose those 3 states entirely

that can never happen

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland On Whatsapp. #photos# / PICTURES: Other Countries Where You Find Legislative Violence / APC, The Symbolic Power And Popularity Of The Traditional African Sweeping Broom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.